• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I’ve just about had it…

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
Every time I start the truck it’s a crap shoot as to whether the parking sensor array works properly. More often than not it lights up with false alarms to the point where is is essentially useless to me now as I have become so acclimated to it.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I? It’s one of those things where I shudder to think of bringing it into the dealer cause I feel like they’re gonna have it for weeks and probably replace all the sensors and to no avail because it 99.9% is a software issue.

This seems like such a simple thing to get right in this day and age. Grrrrrrr….
Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I guess it depends on the dealer you take it to. I usually try to do some of my own troubleshooting to give them more info on the issue so it doesn't get shrugged off or passed on as "unable to replicate"

I've not had mine in for service outside of the axle ting washer install, a seat TSB and the front air dam when I saw the warnings on FORScan, but they were able to see the DTCs that set and resolved it.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Mine always behave the same. It is a bit too cautious though. I live in front of a street with occasional heavy traffic and I have to back in quickly through a narrow driveway entrance. It can get scary when the truck hits the brake right when a buss is coming at me like a bullet train.

But I still rather have it on the cautious side than have it miss preventing an actual hit when it matters. I have learned to come at driveway fast, slowdown bellow it's speed threshold when rear bumper is going through so it won't hit the break but it still complains. After I get the bumper in, I speedup again. Moto Moto and me have an understanding now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Mine did that when I first got it. I thought about taking it in, but read that it's sometimes caused by a software glitch (rather than hardware). So I waited. I actually turned of the front sensors so I didn't have to deal with it. After a software update, they got turned back on. The truck still did the false alarms, but not as bad. Things continued to improve on their own, to the point that now they don't do it anymore.

All that to say that if you wait, it may go away on its own through the software update process or other processes.

It's weird, but I've noticed that a number of the software problems I've had with the truck just seem to go away on their own over time.

OP
OP
Nolander

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
No I actually had that problem and the fix, which worked, but this is sensors triggering for no reason.

LightningSET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
My front driver side parking sensor was constantly giving false alerts. I eventually just turned off the sensors because of the false warnings. When I took the truck in for the CSP fix, I mentioned the parking sensor issue to the dealer. They seemed to immediately be aware of the problem and said there was a software fix. The parking sensors have worked perfectly since. So the moral of the story is take the truck to the dealership. Hopefully it’s a simple fix.

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat
Every time I start the truck it’s a crap shoot as to whether the parking sensor array works properly. More often than not it lights up with false alarms to the point where is is essentially useless to me now as I have become so acclimated to it.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I? It’s one of those things where I shudder to think of bringing it into the dealer cause I feel like they’re gonna have it for weeks and probably replace all the sensors and to no avail because it 99.9% is a software issue.

This seems like such a simple thing to get right in this day and age. Grrrrrrr….
I had the same issue and felt the same way. Ended up taking it to the dealership to do a couple recall things. Told them about the sensors, they fixed them and had the truck back the same day. No issues since.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
There are software updates for sensors. I had it done. Works 99% better now. I had a front sensor that was nutty, software update fixed it 99% of the time. Took 2 hours.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Sponsored