Sponsored

I keep getting the error message... "Wireless Connection Failed" (Android Auto)

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
For the last 6 months or so, I've been having zero issues with Android Auto connectivity, but in the past couple of weeks or so, this message has been randomly popping up for no apparent reason. I like to have WAZE running as I travel. It will warn me about objects on the road or police ahead, etc. After driving for 10 minutes or so, this message will pop up and I will have to manually reconnect my phone. 10 minutes later, it will happen again., and again, and again. :(

This did not happen a month ago. Has anyone had this problem lately?

Thanks.

Ford F-150 Lightning I keep getting the error message... "Wireless Connection Failed" (Android Auto) Screenshot_20240309_175647_Gallery
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Does your phone have auto reconnect on for the trucks projection SIID?

Are there other remembered SIID's like Verizon, Xfinity, etc neighborhood wifi repeaters / public end points your phone is trying to rejoin as you're traveling?

I've disabled auto connect to every saved SIID with the exception of the truck, it seldom if ever disconnects, except if I step away from the truck while it's running.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Does your phone have auto reconnect on for the trucks projection SIID?

Are there other remembered SIID's like Verizon, Xfinity, etc neighborhood wifi repeaters / public end points your phone is trying to rejoin as you're traveling?

I've disabled auto connect to every saved SIID with the exception of the truck, it seldom if ever disconnects, except if I step away from the truck while it's running.

Ok, I'm usually on top of gizmos and their settings but I'm not sure how to get to this Auto Reconnect. When I search settings, I get a program called TalkBack that has an Auto Reconnect feature. Is this what I'm looking for?

I have the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

Thanks.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ok, I'm usually on top of gizmos and their settings but I'm not sure how to get to this Auto Reconnect. When I search settings, I get a program called TalkBack that has an Auto Reconnect feature. Is this what I'm looking for?

I have the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

Thanks.
In the Android Samsung world point of view as a S10e user

Settings, Connections > WiFi > ::: > Advanced > Manage Networks >
review each stored SiiD for its conditions and Auto reconnect setting
Adjust as needed

Ford F-150 Lightning I keep getting the error message... "Wireless Connection Failed" (Android Auto) 1710031004960

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Android auto fails miserably on wireless and drops audio on both connection types.

I don't bother with wireless because my Spotify thinks it's offline if I'm connected to the truck WiFi and won't use phone data.

The audio dropouts were caused by an update last year and were never really fixed.

Android auto is a free app and you get what you pay for.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
In the Android Samsung world point of view as a S10e user

Settings, Connections > WiFi > ::: > Advanced > Manage Networks >
review each stored SiiD for its conditions and Auto reconnect setting
Adjust as needed

1710031004960.png

My settings are a little different but I think I may have it... I will know tomorrow evening on my 30 minute ride to pick up my girlfriend from the airport.

Thank you!

UP Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Did you manage to fix the problem? I've had exactly the same experience. It used to work great, then at some point recently I get constant wireless connection failures. I turned off all my auto connects with no effect.

I also have an S23 Ultra.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Did you manage to fix the problem? I've had exactly the same experience. It used to work great, then at some point recently I get constant wireless connection failures. I turned off all my auto connects with no effect.

I've read complaints from other S23 users, hence I've delayed upgrading my phone, probably going S24 on my birthday.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
My Pixel 7 Pro has been doing it recently out of nowhere, and going over one of the bridges into NJ will shut it off at the exact same place every time.

Never had the issue previously.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I have a S21 and was about to pull the trigger on a S23 but will hold off now.
My S21 auto connects regularly but will disconnects on occasion, sometimes I have to reset sync 4a to reconnect. @TaxmanHog any news on when we get SOC and arrival time in Android Auto?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This morning I had problems with my S10e & AA and WiFi connection, it refused to connect after restarting the truck and phone, seems that the projection SSID was corrupted and refused to connect to my phone to service the android auto application.

It would work in wired mode if I used the plug in the cubby compartment forward of the shifter.

To fix the issue, I went into my phones advanced network settings and selected [FORGET] the SSID for the truck.

Restarted the phone, tried to reconnect, but again the phone could not establish a connection to the Sync system.

I went into the Sync settings, Communications / Projection settings menu, tried the existing password, that failed to allow my phone to talk to the Sync system as well.

I used the RESET PASSWORD button to generate a new strong password for the trucks projection SSID.

Tried that new password in my phones wifi settings for the trucks projection SSID, eventually the connection was established and the android auto application started working, presenting a mirror of my phones' activities on the Sync4a screen.

I'll check later this afternoon if the remedy continues to work seamlessly.

Not sure why the prior settings were corrupted, no updates have posted to the truck since 2/29/2024

Last edited:

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I have a s23 ultra and don't have that problem when I go wireless AA. However, I only do this for shorter around town errands. I use wired (usb c to usb c) for longer drives, because my s23U sometimes overheats on the wireless charger. The phone fits nicely on its side in the slot between the cup holder and the shifter.

If you've had any major Android OS updates since you first got the phone then you may consider a factory reset. Sometimes issues pop up due to leftovers from the previous OS version(s). Factory reset cleans everything up, but it is a pain to set everything back up. I consider this option a last ditch effort if nothing else works.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST

It seemed to be running ok, for about 2 days, but it still loses connection, here and there. I may try the FORGET and RESET PASSWORD, like what TaxmanHog did and see if that helps.
Sponsored

Last edited: