Sponsored

I think I found my substitute for the Home Integration System, Biolite Backup is currently doing a kickstarter.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
@TaxmanHog recommended a portable battery backup in another thread and I bookmarked it as I thought it was a great idea. Amazon had them 50% off during their last Prime Day sale. I'm looking hard at getting a couple for my solution.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-after-tornado-power-outage.19617/post-393079
Saw that one...

It's comparable to the price per kWh of the Tesla Power Wall 3 (a few dollars less per kWh) with the advertised price of 2199 ($3699 less $1500 discount) so about $611.11 per kWh ($2199/3.6kWh) vs $622/kWh for the Power wall 3.

Still the Lightning as a backup through ProPower on-board (with transfer switch and cable) is considerably less expensive and could provide a lot longer backup if it is available to use for that purpose. I also have a 2012 Nissan Leaf that I can use for transpo if the Lightning is on backup power duty.
Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
One of my issues is that I don't have an attic or basement, and my electric service is on the opposite corner of my house from my garage. So any wiring is overly expensive. Plus rewiring any outlets to specific circuits involves expensive plaster repairs as well. This draws me to these types of solutions that go between the outlet and the appliance(s). I get that power walls and equivalent systems are likely lower cost per unit of storage, but there are additional costs that get systems like this in cost parity and it's hard to beat the convenience of a wall mounted, no wiring solution.
Would a long cable work for you? https://www.amazon.com/Yodotek-Generator-Locking-L14-30P-Extension/dp/B0993J43XV/?th=1

This, a breaker, a few feet of genrator wire, a lockout for the panel and a generator plug. $500ish

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner