• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

In case you didn't know, Telematics if FREE for first 3 years..

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
It occurs to me that most Lightning owners probably don't know this, so I thought I should share it here:

Our Lightnings come with free Telematics (for 3 years - length of the warranty, iirc). Worth tinkering with if you own one. Really worth checking out if you have a fleet. (that's what I call my 2 Lightnings - my fleet)

I've had some quirkiness with my Telematics in the last month or so, but prior to that, it was working great since ~November 23 when I first turned it on.

It does service tracking, trip tracking, etc. I was hoping to use it to replace my MileIQ. It hasn't done that yet, as the trip tracking is quite primitive in comparison. It's got a ways to go before it could replace MileIQ. But hopefully it gets there.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that for anyone using it in business especially, it's useful. It's all part of their Pro services. Lots of other services available too. Here's the contact info from the website. When I originally called to activate it, I didn't even know that we got it for free as part of the truck. I was planning to trial it at the time.

EDIT: I think the Telematics Essentials is free for the life of the vehicle, and the Telematics that would normally be $20/mo is free for 3 years. Something like that. More details at: https://www.fordpro.com/en-us/telematics/

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET)
Customer Care: 833-327-3673
Sales: 833-811-3673
Sponsored

Last edited:

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
Is there a feature list somewhere? I’m curious what is all offered.

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Avalanche Gray
Only for Pro trims then? Or do lariat and flash and platinum customers qualify too?

Sponsored
OP
OP
HaroldCal

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Only for Pro trims then? Or do lariat and flash and platinum customers qualify too?
All trims. Mine are Platinum and Lariat.

Also, I was just a retail customer. I was a preorder for my Platinum, and my Lariat was bought off the lot a year later.

Fords repeated use of the word PRO for unrelated products/services just creates confusion.

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
Does it show more vehicle health details than FordPass? Like Vehicle Health Alerts from OASIS?

Found more details here:

Last edited:

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
I'm a little confused on how I would proceed with using this service if I'm not a fleet customer but just a regular retail buyer. It looks great, but if anyone has any starter tips I'm all ears.

ciferguson37733

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Manager
I just tried to sign up but the nice chat person said business owners only

OP
OP
HaroldCal

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
The only useful feedback I can offer is this: I am a business owner, but I didn't buy as a fleet customer. I'm guessing that they asked me if I had a company when I was activating Telematics, I said yes (I do), and so they must've converted me into a fleet customer, I guess.
Sponsored