• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi F-150 Lightning owners!

Are you ready to sing your heart out via karaoke in your F-150 Lightning?! Good, because we are starting to roll out in-vehicle karaoke via the Stingray Karaoke app! This will be the first time karaoke is available for Ford owners to use and enjoy inside the vehicle while parked and on the go.

The Stingray Karaoke app will start to roll out via a Ford software update first to eligible F-150 Lightning owners with the Lariat, Platinum and Flash models. These are vehicles with the SYNC 4A infotainment systems. If you aren’t sure, if you have SYNC 4A you can check out this page here.

This will be a staggered rollout by model year starting with 2024 F-150 Lightning. Once installed, the Stingray Karaoke app will appear in the Apps tab of your in-vehicle center display. Below are details on how it works!

How to Use the Stingray Karaoke App:
  • While Parked/Charging: Launch the in-vehicle app and select a song. The lyrics of the song you have selected will be shown on the in-vehicle screen so everyone in the car can participate in the fun while the music plays through your sound system.
  • While Driving: If the in-vehicle app is opened and the vehicle detects a passenger is in the front seat and buckled, the app will ask for confirmation that a passenger is in the front seat and a QR code will appear. The passenger can use their smartphone to scan the QR code and a webpage will open to control the karaoke experience from their smartphone without having to login to an app. Passengers can add songs to their playlist, change songs, view scrolling lyrics and utilize the vehicle’s audio system. This unique experience was developed in collaboration with the Stingray and Ford engineering teams.
  • Please note, you need an active Ford Premium Connectivity plan or be connected to WiFi for access.
We can’t wait for you to experience this for the first time in a Ford vehicle! Please share karaoke your experiences with us using the hashtag #FordKaraoke.

Happy singing!

Ford F-150 Lightning In-Vehicle Karaoke Rolling Out to F-150 Lightning! (Stingray Karaoke App) Stingray Karaoke_Lightning_1
Ford F-150 Lightning In-Vehicle Karaoke Rolling Out to F-150 Lightning! (Stingray Karaoke App) Stingray Karaoke_Lightning_2
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
And yet still no YouTube in Canada… You can tie in to premium connectivity for Karaoke but not YouTube for Canada….

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Lol…..

Just yesterday I was sitting here wondering if we would ever get anything other than You Tube….. I should have known lol

I’m assuming this will happen after the BC update in 20025?

Starting with 2024’s? Aren’t they supposed to roll out with this from the factory?

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
Never used it in my Tesla so I guess I'm not upset that those of us with 12" screens don't seem to be getting it. But as others have said, there are lots of other more important features that should have been released way before this. Where my SOC in Google Maps that was announced 9 months ago?

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
I guess my daughter will have to ride in the front and throw the wife in the back.
Tell her Ford made me do it.

Rick

Flipper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, ER, Lightning, 312A, Azure Gray
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I also never used in my tesla. Give me the sentry mode like tesla and the ability to view camera's thru app.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Are you serious? No BC updates, No ‘Dog Mode’, A Lacking Nav and Charging functions and your offering in car Karaoke?

Please! We’re not stupid, you are just working to line your pockets with features that require Max Connectivity. (Show me the MONEY!)😡

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
There are like 3 things that would improve every Lightning owner's experience that requires less effort than this.
  1. Stop turning off remotely started climate control when you open the frunk.
  2. Add the ability to use pro power with nothing else "on" in the truck.
  3. Dog mode
Why in the world would you push this over other easy adds? What marketing "genius" pushed this BS?

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I think it may be fun, not sure how often I will use it though. As we can see from the comments, my issue is that Ford seems to not be prioritizing their resources. There are plenty of other features and improvements people want more than another entertainment app that no one asked for.

It may be possible that the karaoke app development didn't take resources away from other improvement, maybe it was a third-party deal with minimal cost or time on Ford's part, or maybe the team that developed it would not have otherwise worked on other improvements and features. But I find it hard to believe that foregoing the karaoke app wouldn't have made other worthwhile improvements more likely.

This really comes across as tone deaf. People at Ford get paid to read these forums every day. They know what we like and don't like about the truck. They know what software improvements we want. I started a thread on what improvements past 6.14 we would like to see for the sole purpose of making it clear to Ford what we want.
Sponsored