• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Messed with Apple Maps on Apple Car play today.
IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

Estimated battery % for when I arrived at the house was dead on.
I should add, I was able to text my wife a link that she could use to track my trip live which she thought was cool. Have to remember to shut that off on Fridays, because Saturday night was for the wives, but Friday night at the Copa was always for the girlfriends ;)

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

I recently got the update to allow the EV routing and battery % communication. Like yours shows, the Battery % on arrival has replaced the "minutes until destination". This is driving me crazy. I know I can do the math in my head, but it still bothers me.

Is this annoying to anyone else? Anyone found a way to get that field back on the display? (Other than disconnecting the EV routing feature)

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

@Ford Motor Company When will your loyal customer who purchased in 2023 (OCT2023) get updates and this update? Its time to push them out.

Last edited:

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
That did bother me at first, but I've kind of adjusted to it now. I'm pleased more by it's % accuracy, which I was skeptical about at first. For instance, traffic on my way home today sucked, and it's typically 90% highway, so I decided to go back roads and to it's credit, the app nailed my arrival % which jumped about 4% due to the lower speeds.

Sponsored

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Thanks, this was available on the 6.3 update about 1 months ago.

What’s going on with 6.4?
F150 Rod, Can you tell me how your truck validated that you have 6.3. Ford says I have all the updates available yet I can not prove that I have 6.3 or higher. My software update screen stops at July 2023 and no updates since. I am Sure that I do not have 6.3 since I can not get the EV map to show the charge stations.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Hi F-150 Lightning Owners! Love using Apple Maps? We are excited to share that you will soon be able to use Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay with your F-150 Lightning.

All F-150 Lightning owners will now have the option to use Apple Maps EV Routing to plan their next trip. In addition to Ford Power My Trip, Apple Maps EV Routing is another great option to input your destination and find charging stations along the way when connected to CarPlay.

It is super simple. Just enter your trip details into CarPlay. Apple Maps will then calculate the estimated state of charge you will have when you get to a destination. Apple Maps will route you to a charging station if it estimates that a charge is required. Here are additional details on how it works.

Friendly reminder to make sure you have Ford Automatic Updates turned ON and set a recurring schedule so that you can receive all of the latest Ford software updates that will enable you to experience features like Apple Maps EV Routing!

Please note, battery preconditioning is not available on Apple Maps EV Routing.

1120231.PNG

1120231.PNG
Does anyone know how to find out in my truck that I have 6.3 update? Ford claims I have all updates yet I can not get Apple Car Play to show the EV charge stations on iMaps. My phone is also updated to 17.2.1 and I can not get the drop down menu to show "Automobile" to enable the phone to accept the Lightning.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
A recent trip I made using the new Apple Map feature was spot on with the battery % upon arrival at the destination also.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Does anyone know how to find out in my truck that I have 6.3 update? Ford claims I have all updates yet I can not get Apple Car Play to show the EV charge stations on iMaps. My phone is also updated to 17.2.1 and I can not get the drop down menu to show "Automobile" to enable the phone to accept the Lightning.
On your iPhone, open MAPS. Click the little Avatar for settings. Scroll down and you should see Vehicles. Do this will hooked to CarPlay in the truck. Select F150 Lightning.

As for what update you are on, go to Settings, Software Updates and then select update now and it should show you.

I hope I am answering the question you are asking

Reactions: GDN

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I have been playing with Apple maps in carplay recently.
When not navigating a specified route, the default map is zoomed out quite a bit.
I can't figure out a way to zoom in and out while driving.
Is it possible to do this in carplay? I can do it on my phone.

Sponsored

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
On your iPhone, open MAPS. Click the little Avatar for settings. Scroll down and you should see Vehicles. Do this will hooked to CarPlay in the truck. Select F150 Lightning.

As for what update you are on, go to Settings, Software Updates and then select update now and it should show you.

I hope I am answering the question you are asking
Thank you, Luxman, but I tried to find the vehicle option but it does not appear on my iPhone. They say I have the latest update in my Lightning but to find it I did what you said and it just shows the last update was July 2023 "we have been busy......." Ford swears I have the latest and no more updates are available. I would like to see 6.3 any where but Ford says that I have 4.0.23031, which is the latest. How that is possible is beyond me.

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
Thank you, Luxman, but I tried to find the vehicle option but it does not appear on my iPhone. They say I have the latest update in my Lightning but to find it I did what you said and it just shows the last update was July 2023 "we have been busy......." Ford swears I have the latest and no more updates are available. I would like to see 6.3 any where but Ford says that I have 4.0.23031, which is the latest. How that is possible is beyond me.
4.0.23031 is your SYNC version. And it can be seen in Settings > General > About.

Mine shows SYNC 4 Software Version 22326. So you are ahead of me. Those that have a blend date around May have not received any type of update. So this is the version that came with my truck. SYNC is just the infotainment system.

6.x.x describes the Power Up version. These are collections of module updates. And rollouts of these types of updates are not necessary in order. Some people report getting them out of order.

When your dealer says your truck is up to date or has no updates, what they mean is that what ever rollout strategy Ford is using has not yet selected your Lightning as eligible for update.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
well, that I don't know. I should have keep track of updates and date received.
We got the last updates about a month ago

I have had my truck just over a year, and for awhile I got ZERO updates. then they came out for mobile service in August and the Tech was cool and applied every update to every module available via FRDS. Then I got every update that has gone out up to 6.8
That said, my wife's XLT is stuck on 6.5.

Hopefully as the new year starts they can kick start the updates and you will catch up .

is that what you see when you check as shown in the pics below?

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_6916

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_6917

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction
I am now at 4.2.1.2 as of yesterday. I am no where near 6.3. Anybody know when do the updates jump into the 6’s come.?
You are at 4.0 I am missing something if ford says you are up to date.

peoples1234

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Volvo C40, 2023 Lightning ER
When Ford says you are up to date, they mean that there are no updates available for your VIN. It doesn’t mean that you’re on the latest version which I think is actually 6.13 or something.

You also won’t necessarily get updates in numerical order.

If you have a 2023, you likely haven’t received any updates unless you have an early build.

Ford does a terrible job of pushing updates and communication about updates. This goes all the way back to the Mach-E and doesn’t appear to have improved over the years. Honestly, I gave up worrying about it after years of Mach-E experience, and accepted that it is not something in my control to change.
Sponsored