• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I am now at 4.2.1.2 as of yesterday. I am no where near 6.3. Anybody know when do the updates jump into the 6’s come.?
You are at 4.0 I am missing something if ford says you are up to date.
I think this is the Ford Sync version.
Here is a picture of mine

That is different than the update version shown in my previous post.
I suggest looking at the Software update version under the settings tab.

I guess I am a it incredulous if that is the version that you are on. if so @Ford Motor Company needs to fix their broken system

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_6918
Sponsored

Last edited:

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
thanks, guys, that explains that Ford just hasn't gotten to my vin#

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
4.0.23031 is your SYNC version. And it can be seen in Settings > General > About.

Mine shows SYNC 4 Software Version 22326. So you are ahead of me. Those that have a blend date around May have not received any type of update. So this is the version that came with my truck. SYNC is just the infotainment system.

6.x.x describes the Power Up version. These are collections of module updates. And rollouts of these types of updates are not necessary in order. Some people report getting them out of order.

When your dealer says your truck is up to date or has no updates, what they mean is that what ever rollout strategy Ford is using has not yet selected your Lightning as eligible for update.
That is a great explanation; however, are we to assume that I won't get the EV charge stations on iMaps with Car Play until I get 6.3 Power Up update? If that is the case, I will be in limbo indefinitely

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
well, that I don't know. I should have keep track of updates and date received.
We got the last updates about a month ago

I have had my truck just over a year, and for awhile I got ZERO updates. then they came out for mobile service in August and the Tech was cool and applied every update to every module available via FRDS. Then I got every update that has gone out up to 6.8
That said, my wife's XLT is stuck on 6.5.

Hopefully as the new year starts they can kick start the updates and you will catch up .

is that what you see when you check as shown in the pics below?

IMG_6916.jpeg

IMG_6917.jpeg
Thanks, Luxman, can you explain how this happened to you? (then they came out for mobile service in August and the Tech was cool and applied every update to every module available via FRDS). What is FRDS and how did you get your dealership to send out this mobile tech? Every dealership denies that they have this capability and Ford says what you described is an OTA thing that is dependent on vin#s. We may be close to solving my confusion.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks, Luxman, can you explain how this happened to you? (then they came out for mobile service in August and the Tech was cool and applied every update to every module available via FRDS). What is FRDS and how did you get your dealership to send out this mobile tech? Every dealership denies that they have this capability and Ford says what you described is an OTA thing that is dependent on vin#s. We may be close to solving my confusion.
My truck needed the wiper recall. The local dealership here has mobile service and since I have 2 Lightnings, the were willing to come out. The tech did both wipers and I told him about the issue of updates.
FRDS is the system they use in the dealers to update the individual modules in the truck. BCM- Body Control module, etc.
So he hooked up his laptop and updated each module in the truck to the latest software.
This actually installed some OTA update parts with out them coming through the OTA process. It also updated whatever was needed to get my updates going again.

FRDS is different than FORSCAN. It does updates from FORD where as FORSCAN allows you to change configurations of what is there.

Sponsored

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
My truck needed the wiper recall. The local dealership here has mobile service and since I have 2 Lightnings, the were willing to come out. The tech did both wipers and I told him about the issue of updates.
FRDS is the system they use in the dealers to update the individual modules in the truck. BCM- Body Control module, etc.
So he hooked up his laptop and updated each module in the truck to the latest software.
This actually installed some OTA update parts with out them coming through the OTA process. It also updated whatever was needed to get my updates going again.

FRDS is different than FORSCAN. It does updates from FORD where as FORSCAN allows you to change configurations of what is there.
I went to 3 dealers and they all said that I am up to date yet nothing says 6.x.x. Plus I can not get the EV charge stations to appear on iMaps so not having those software characteristics means that I still don't have the 6.x.x series in order to make it show the EV stations. So I am back to all dealers and Ford claiming that I have all that is needed but I don't show any capabilities or any evidence of receiving the 6.x.x series namely 6.3.0.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I went to 3 dealers and they all said that I am up to date yet nothing says 6.x.x. Plus I can not get the EV charge stations to appear on iMaps so not having those software characteristics means that I still don't have the 6.x.x series in order to make it show the EV stations. So I am back to all dealers and Ford claiming that I have all that is needed but I don't show any capabilities or any evidence of receiving the 6.x.x series namely 6.3.0.
Keep in mind that most dealers will not do what that dealer did for @LUXMAN and that same dealer did for me. They are an exception, delivering some very nice customer service.

Ford will not pay their dealers to install SW updates not dictated by a recall. So this dealer invested in some goodwill - it pays off.

Also of note - you don't have your year model listed. It seems to be coming pretty clear that Ford isn't delivering any updates to trucks that have only been on the road a few months. I'm not sure why they do that or what their reasoning is.

Last item - the Ford mothership must at least send files to your truck for staging. If they haven't done that, no matter what you ask your dealership to do, if the files haven't downloaded to your truck, they have nothing to update and indeed will tell you that your SW is up to date.

For a SW trigger and install to happen you may have files that get downloaded over time. Then Ford will send the trigger and you get an update. IF those files have downloaded the dealer or someone with FDRS can then force them to install. Once again though - the mothership Ford has to send those files to your truck for anyone to see them or install them.

The concept of installing updates from Ford is relatively new on this scale. It still has many issues. The first time they truly did it was with the '21 ICE trucks and they bricked quite a few of them. They sent out an update that even they couldn't fix or update for many months.

I do understand the frustration of not getting the latest updates. Hang in there.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Thanks, GDN, I am convinced Ford has not sent me the files or they have and they have all failed. I am also convinced that there is a more serious problem with my Feb 2023 Lightning that has to do with OTA downloads, my last successful one was July 23

Reactions: GDN

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Keep in mind that most dealers will not do what that dealer did for @LUXMAN and that same dealer did for me. They are an exception, delivering some very nice customer service.

Ford will not pay their dealers to install SW updates not dictated by a recall. So this dealer invested in some goodwill - it pays off.

Also of note - you don't have your year model listed. It seems to be coming pretty clear that Ford isn't delivering any updates to trucks that have only been on the road a few months. I'm not sure why they do that or what their reasoning is.

Last item - the Ford mothership must at least send files to your truck for staging. If they haven't done that, no matter what you ask your dealership to do, if the files haven't downloaded to your truck, they have nothing to update and indeed will tell you that your SW is up to date.

For a SW trigger and install to happen you may have files that get downloaded over time. Then Ford will send the trigger and you get an update. IF those files have downloaded the dealer or someone with FDRS can then force them to install. Once again though - the mothership Ford has to send those files to your truck for anyone to see them or install them.

The concept of installing updates from Ford is relatively new on this scale. It still has many issues. The first time they truly did it was with the '21 ICE trucks and they bricked quite a few of them. They sent out an update that even they couldn't fix or update for many months.

I do understand the frustration of not getting the latest updates. Hang in there.
Thanks, GDN, can you tell me how I can see if Ford had sent me those files that enable power up updates. All dealerships have been telling me I am up to date and I think it is that I am not getting the Ford files that allow an update to begin for my truck. I already made a 4th dealership appointment to update my vehicle in 2 weeks and fully expect them to just flippantly tell me that my truck is updated.
how do I list my truck's year, make and model on this website to satisfy your note to me?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thanks, GDN, can you tell me how I can see if Ford had sent me those files that enable power up updates. All dealerships have been telling me I am up to date and I think it is that I am not getting the Ford files that allow an update to begin for my truck. I already made a 4th dealership appointment to update my vehicle in 2 weeks and fully expect them to just flippantly tell me that my truck is updated.
how do I list my truck's year, make and model on this website to satisfy your note to me?
There are a couple of very helpful participants here - @rugedraw and @Mike G that have long term licenses for the FDRS tool. If you share your VIN with one of them they will look at your truck and tell you what files you have on the truck and I believe the last time someone did an action with FDRS to know if anyone really looked at your truck while it was at the dealer.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
There are a couple of very helpful participants here - @rugedraw and @Mike G that have long term licenses for the FDRS tool. If you share your VIN with one of them they will look at your truck and tell you what files you have on the truck and I believe the last time someone did an action with FDRS to know if anyone really looked at your truck while it was at the dealer.
I don't mind taking a look for him, but I think his expectations of Ford's OTA process are a lot higher than they should be.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Great for apple fans, now get to work on Android Auto / Google Maps, and while you're in there make traction battery preconditioning work for charging destinations.
Indeed, or better yet give us a manual precondition Button! :cool: 👉
Sponsored

Last edited: