• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IPMA update July 2024

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Decided to run through some updates before a road trip, hoping to get some of those BlueCruise enhancements… be warned, this IPMA update is a doozy, should be at least 2.5 hours. I hit hour 3, finally getting through the updates and taking forever to run through the module configuration. And the car was making awful electronic pulsing noises at times. Found this on the MachE forum, thanks to Mike G last night for posting it.

I followed his instructions, shut down FDRS, etc. Truck took some time to settle down, but restarting the IMPA update only took another minute to complete. Now on the the other updates…
Sponsored

OP
OP
G-Zeus

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
DSM update… 1817 blocks to write! Going relatively quickly though.

DDM said it failed but after clearing DTCs in Forscan, it shows up as green. Weird.

OP
OP
G-Zeus

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Well DDM also failed. I’m going to chalk this up to a LVB that has been stressed for the last 3 hours, despite being on a charger. Going to let it recover for a bit and try the other updates again. Right now the truck is not pleased…

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Well DDM also failed. I’m going to chalk this up to a LVB that has been stressed for the last 3 hours, despite being on a charger. Going to let it recover for a bit and try the other updates again. Right now the truck is not pleased…
What was the reason it failed? What did FDRS say?

OP
OP
G-Zeus

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I’m all good now. After letting the LVB charge up, I reran the DDM update and reset the DSM configuration. All other updates completed without issues, DTC’s are cleared and no more errors showing up. Only the BSM update remains, but the dealer is going to have to do that one with their password.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’m all good now. After letting the LVB charge up, I reran the DDM update and reset the DSM configuration. All other updates completed without issues, DTC’s are cleared and no more errors showing up. Only the BSM update remains, but the dealer is going to have to do that one with their password.
They won't need a password to do it, but glad to hear every thing went smoothly.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Public service announcement!!!!

Decided to run through some updates before a road trip, hoping to get some of those BlueCruise enhancements… be warned, this IPMA update is a doozy, should be at least 2.5 hours. I hit hour 3, finally getting through the updates and taking forever to run through the module configuration. And the car was making awful electronic pulsing noises at times. Found this on the MachE forum, thanks to Mike G last night for posting it.

I followed his instructions, shut down FDRS, etc. Truck took some time to settle down, but restarting the IMPA update only took another minute to complete. Now on the the other updates…
So if anyone wants if instructions on how not to do this update:
(alternate title: How to brick your Lightning in two easy steps!)

1) Be absolutely sure that you do not have the properly sized battery charger/maintainer or read other posts about this process and understand them prior to starting this three hour marathon.(6 to 8 hours if you follow these directions.)
2) Start update

FYI-it was, however, a good (but painful)learning experience!
(also in hindsight, it was pretty cool seeing every possible alert on the truck go off when you restart it)🤣😂🤣

I was going to do this one last, but somehow hit it by accident.
You can recover with a lot of fortitude and patience!
Luckily(after waiting 15-30 minutes for it to finish configuring)I got on here and did a search and found this post and @MikeG post on restarting and completing it!
The other 12 or so updates took one to two hours!

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
So I just performed this update and now I have the following DTC for SCCM:

U023A = Lost Communication with Image Processor Module "A"

What should I do to fix this? I cleared DTCs but it comes right back.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
So I just performed this update and now I have the following DTC for SCCM:

U023A = Lost Communication with Image Processor Module "A"

What should I do to fix this? I cleared DTCs but it comes right back.
Nothing you can do about that for now. Just ignore it.
Sponsored

Attachments