• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Walk away lock after update

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
For anyone that has WAL working. How long is the delay before the truck locks. I know on GM cars it’s about 10 secs. I got it working on my lightning and it seemed like more than 20sec before it locked. Now it’s not doing it at all. Weird. Will try again I. The morning and see if it works again.
Sponsored

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
For anyone that has WAL working. How long is the delay before the truck locks. I know on GM cars it’s about 10 secs. I got it working on my lightning and it seemed like more than 20sec before it locked. Now it’s not doing it at all. Weird. Will try again I. The morning and see if it works again.
So I would say your experience is about as good as mine. The walk away lock is awesome, but it doesn't seem like it's at the software level that my dad's Mach E is. In fact I would say that it's like his Mach E was until he got an update that fixed a lot of the Phone As A Key and walk away lock issues. I wish mine was more like his Mach E, I even had to turn on the audible chirp because while it works I'd say 90% I need to know on that 10% chance if I need to lock the doors.

OP
OP

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
So I would say your experience is about as good as mine. The walk away lock is awesome, but it doesn't seem like it's at the software level that my dad's Mach E is. In fact I would say that it's like his Mach E was until he got an update that fixed a lot of the Phone As A Key and walk away lock issues. I wish mine was more like his Mach E, I even had to turn on the audible chirp because while it works I'd say 90% I need to know on that 10% chance if I need to lock the doors.
that’s why I disabled mine. Seems like it locked 100% of the time in my garage but if I parked in a really sketchy place that’s when it would fail. Seemed pointless to have auto lock when I would have to walk away then watch to see if it locked. I’d love to use it but only if it’s 100% reliable and allowed to set exempted locations as I don’t need my truck locking at home.
Sponsored