• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

neeonline

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting Lariat SR
I’ve mixed feelings about it. I do love the ride quality and comfort, but I do hate the software/technology.

I plan to sell it the moment that I can payoff my loan without taking more losses, but sometimes I’m glad that I’ve it (until some bug/problem happens and piss me off).
Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
A few months ago, I completed the buyback of my 2023 XLT ER with Ford. The process went smoothly and I entered the market again for another EV thinking I would get something other than another Lightning. I looked at and test drove several different competitor EVs (Silverado EV, Honda Prolouge, Acura ZDX, Chevy Blazer and Equinox EVs, Cadillac Lyric, Audi Q4, VW ID4). I found things about each of them I wasn't going to like long term. After giving it more thought, I realized that I otherwise loved my 2023 Lightning if not for the steering issue I was having with it. So, I decided to give Ford another shot and thoroughly test drove and bought a 2024 Flash. I have no regrets and I believe I would have had regrets had I bought something else.

Louie7300

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Small business owner
I bought my 2023 Lariat ER about 6 months ago. It has been the best vehicle that I have ever owned. I have owned many , many cars and trucks both personal and thru my company and this Lightning has been the best of all. I know some people have had problems and some have uses that are not compatible with electric vehicles but for my use there is nothing better. Will for sure buy again.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Have two Teslas and a Lightning; the Lightning is our go-to favorite for long distance driving, as well as occasional hauling (but not towing), for reasons of comfort and ride quality. Sunbelt climate.
However, if this would be your first EV, I wouldn’t even think about buying one without committing to installing Level 2 charging in your garage (and no garage, no EV, imho). The incredibly valuable benefit of leaving your house every day with 200+ miles of driving range (with never a $100 fillup!) can only be realized if you pop for a 60A circuit and a 48A charger installation.
We have our original solar system plus a second one where we added 5 panels, so unfortunately our service box has been downgraded twice and is maxed out. I've heard the cost to upgrade our service box would be expensive, so I think the 30 amp 220 is the best we can manage without spending a ton.

NCevGuyF150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford lightning
Occupation
Repair technician
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I absolutely loved my lightning for the first nine months I had it. And then I had a battery issue which caused some software malfunction. I have my truck back and I won’t say that I am not a little bit scared that something’s going to go wrong again, however I love driving the truck and it does everything I’ve ever expected it to do.

Sponsored

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Yea, I love driving my Lightning. I’ve never been a truck guy but thought I would give it a try since I wanted an EV but didn’t want what everyone else was driving. Sure there are things I don’t like and an issue with the PAAK that doesn’t work but other than that, I am pretty happy with it overall. You need to make sure it fits in your life style. Can you charge at home? Do you drive short distances regularly? Do you tow? These are super important questions.

Sherm

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Ranger, '20 Jeep Sahara, '22, F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Best vehicle ever, for this old man. 22 lariat with 23,000 comfortable miles on it. Been to the Canadian border with it and this Feb will be the third trip to the Mexican border.

jlcreasy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had my 23 Lariat Lightning 11 months and love it. 27,000+ miles and going strong. I did my research before I purchased the vehicle so I understood the range and charging implications. I drive all over the southeastern US and with the Tesla charging network, it’s been a joy.

Sponsored

Rich B

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E, '23 Lightning, '19 Cherokee, '07 Titan
Occupation
IT Professional
I love my Lightning--I also have a new Mach-E and prefer the Lightning. With no hesitation I would recommend it to anyone! I've probably had 30 different vehicles in the last 15 years and it ranks among my favorite.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
I purchase my 23 pro on 5/23/ 24. Having got tired waiting for my Cybertruck that doubled in price. Love it so much that I purchased the 24 flash on 9/3/24.
in the 100 days I’ve had my pro, I’ve only put 1 tank of fuel in my sprinter and Nissan cargo vans.
It’s a joy to drive. Even at .23 cents a kWh in Los Angeles, it’s still way less than $4.50 a gallon.
I was reading the Cybertruck forum for years , attended the Cybertruck reveal, waited 6 months for the Cybertruck that doubled in price 50k /100k. Gave up and bought the Ford. Then bought the second ford for almost the same price as 1 Cybertruck .

Rick

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I am a huge Tesla fan, and TSLA investor.

I bought a Lightning.

It has been BETTER than I thought it would be. So many features I am in love with. I have owned it for a year and a half, and have about 16,000 miles on it. HUGE frunk, HUGE backseat, HUGE under the backseat storage, HUGE acceleration, smooth, quiet ride, HUGE screen, ..... I do use it to tow a boat, but if I sold the boat, I would keep the Lightning - just for the Frunk alone LOL

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Like others, I’m a fan. My 3rd F150 and this truck is just so great to drive. I’ve become a fan and I’m not really a car person

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Of course. Best vehicle I've ever owned and I've had everything. I expect to get 1,000,000 miles out of this thing and I'm happy knowing that I'll have to replace the seats before the battery or motors. Runs like a scolded cat, can pull a train, and carries the whole family in comfort and silence. 10/10
Ford F-150 Lightning Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning? IMG_0428
Sponsored