• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is the Official Ford Motor Company account for issues/repairs on this forum legit?

scruvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
I see posts from the Official Ford Motor Company account in this forum similar to the one below.
Has anyone sent this account a message with the VIN and local Ford dealer?

If so, what service does this account provide? Is it a liaison with the service department at the Ford dealer? Does it only schedule a service appointment like we can do ourselves in the Ford Pass app?

Really curious if anyone has any feedback interfacing with this account for service needs.

Ford Motor Company
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
I spoke with one of them after giving them my info. Really all they do is help get the ball rolling with service if you had't already. they asked me a bunch of questions that led me to believe the person i was talking to really didn't know much about the truck or EVs at all. Was very typical customer servicey going through prompts and whatnot.

I guess I have read that they can intervene with service it if seems like the dept. doesnt know whats wrong with a truck or doesn't know how to fix it.

In my case I don't think they really did anything at all. I did vent to them about the updating, or lack thereof (at the time) and generally about lacking in the software dept. I doubt I said anything they haven't heard a ton already.

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
Sorry but they didnā€™t help me much at all.

ā€œā€¦.take the truck to the dealership for help.ā€

uh yeah, um well thanks I guess.

Not bitter about it though lol

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
They provide nothing. They reply with the exact same cookie cutter message. To-date I am aware of nobody here that they have actually helped with a situation.
Can confirm they are worthless. It may be an official presence, but thatā€™s all it is. Their function seems to be to connect you with service at a local dealership.

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
In my case they got the dealership to add troubleshooting a problem to the docket at the next service visit. The results of which were "the dealership couldn't recreate" the problem. Basically they got it noted on the official record.

You know how in dealerships you don't get to talk directly to the mechanic? But have to go through a basically clean individual that smiles lots, doesn't intimidate the wives, but knows absolutely nothing about cars? I think they are called Customer Service Representatives or some such crap...well this account is a CSR for the CSR's. Friendly enough, but pretty much useless.

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
Can confirm they are worthless. It may be an official presence, but thatā€™s all it is. Their function seems to be to connect you with service at a local dealership.
I completely disagree. You can check my post history to see how helpful they were. I got in touch with a customer service agent who connected me with a Ford Engineer. They guided me through the analysis of faulty parts and helped secure a tow vehicle for a trip I had planned with my Lightning. They also pressured the service center to compensate me and provide the necessary parts.

Since 2022/2023, I haven't had any issues with my truck. While I hope for continued excellent customer service, it seems that Ford's focus has shifted their future EV plans, and maybe resulting in less attention to current EV customers.

Having @Ford Motor Company on this platform has solidified my loyalty to Ford and their EVs, unless something significantly changes my opinion.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I completely disagree. You can check my post history to see how helpful they were. I got in touch with a customer service agent who connected me with a Ford Engineer. They guided me through the analysis of faulty parts and helped secure a tow vehicle for a trip I had planned with my Lightning. They also pressured the service center to compensate me and provide the necessary parts.
Iā€™m glad you had a good experience. Like any customer service, it really comes down to who youā€™re dealing with on the other end and Iā€™m sure a lot depends on who is at the keyboard on their end at the time.

For me, I didnā€™t find any of my interactions helpful, but I was already well-involved with service at my local dealership. And When I DMā€™d them my VIN and issue, at their request, as well as info on what the current situation was, they ignored all that and tried to arrange me a service appointment at the dealership I purchased from. When I responded to point out that dealership they were trying to get me connected with was over 600 miles away and that I was already working with a local dealership, I got an ā€œIā€™m sorry about thatā€ response along with some chat-bot level additional instructions with how I can pull up my closest dealership and schedule service appointments in my FordPass app and they also gave the 8xx number for the Ford EV team.

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Hahahaa they are on the forums to like pictures and not help you at all.

They do say dm your vin and Iā€™ll help on our end. šŸ˜‚ which they say take to dealer.
Your better off calling BEV team for help than hoping @Ford Motor Company will.

they wonā€™t even comment on this thread . BET

I bash them all the time and they never help even when I had an issue and never responded to the issuešŸ™„šŸ—‘.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I see posts from the Official Ford Motor Company account in this forum similar to the one below.
Has anyone sent this account a message with the VIN and local Ford dealer?

If so, what service does this account provide? Is it a liaison with the service department at the Ford dealer? Does it only schedule a service appointment like we can do ourselves in the Ford Pass app?

Really curious if anyone has any feedback interfacing with this account for service needs.

Ford Motor Company

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
I have used them and within a day a BEV team rep called me and helped me with my issue I was experiencing at the moment.

As expressed they are the marketing team but do actually forward on issues to Ford technical

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
Like most big corporate social media teams, their primary objective is to identify public brand damage at a micro-level and intervene by suggesting communication via private medium (PM, DM, email, phone, etc.). This stops the public forum/social media conversation and/or trending analytic.

Itā€™s effective when done right in a genuine and proactive or reactive way. @Ford Motor Company does not do it right and are completely useless unless you are dealing with a customer case manager. Sometimesā€¦.. they are helpful if you manage to get a decent human.

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
I think most have already made their views clear, but why not jump in and give another experienceā€¦ my experience is inline with those that have been less than impressed. I believe I have interacted with @Ford Motor Company 2-3 times and I have gotten the same canned response each time (Take it to the dealer)ā€¦and @Ford Motor Company has been exactly 0% helpful and I would argue made my experience worse at the dealership. I had issues that didnā€™t require the dealership. Information really just needed to be relayed to the software engineers, and they mucked it up terribly every step of the way.

While I appreciate their attempt at engagement with customers, I believe they have missed the mark.
Sponsored