Sponsored

Issue With Glare Free

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
I used the programming in the main sticky on page one. However not only is it not working, as I'm still getting flashed with the high beams on and I don't see any dark shadowings occur with oncoming vehicle. But my headlights have dynamic swiveling. After the programming, I also did a recalibration for the adaptive headlights as suggested on one of the last pages of that thread. After looking through SYNC I noticed I have a toggle switch for Glare Free.. did I turn this into my SYNC or was this in a recent update?

Any suggestions?

24 Lariat ER

Thanks,

Ford F-150 Lightning Issue With Glare Free PXL_20241019_235535565.MP
Sponsored

Last edited:

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
The changes you made to the APIM were in part turning on the switch.

do you get a white A on your dash when the high beams are on?

also make sure your center camera is not obsteucted

OP
OP

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
The changes you made to the APIM were in part turning on the switch.

do you get a white A on your dash when the high beams are on?

also make sure your center camera is not obsteucted
No I don't get any "A" when high beams are on. I get a green "A" when in Auto mode. I have to check all the codes tomorrow. What concerns me is I lost the dynamic swivel.

Ford F-150 Lightning Issue With Glare Free PXL_20241020_000353657.MP

Ford F-150 Lightning Issue With Glare Free PXL_20241020_000358156.MP

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
No I don't get any "A" when high beams are on. I get a green "A" when in Auto mode. I have to check all the codes tomorrow. What concerns me is I lost the dynamic swivel.

PXL_20241020_000353657.MP.jpg

PXL_20241020_000358156.MP.jpg
Sorry, the Green "A" is the proper one for glare free, not white, that is normal on/off auto high beam. Yours is also a weird distance from the light icon in the bottom left.

Make sure it is on the A when driving, the blue high beam is straight high beam, not glare free.

When I had codes I also lost the swirling lights and that also disabled the glare free.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I used the programming in the main sticky on page one. However not only is it not working, as I'm still getting flashed with the high beams on and I don't see any dark shadowings occur with oncoming vehicle.
You don't turn your high beams on to use the glare free system. By turning the high beams on, you are overriding them. That is why you are being flashed.

Leave the green auto symbol on the dash and drive. They will automatically activate at 33mph.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
You don't turn your high beams on to use the glare free system. By turning the high beams on, you are overriding them. That is why you are being flashed.

Leave the green auto symbol on the dash and drive. They will automatically activate at 33mph.
Hmm ok I didn't see any high beams go on at and above those speeds. What about the dynamic swivel no longer working?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Hmm ok I didn't see any high beams go on at and above those speeds. What about the dynamic swivel no longer working?
Everything should work if you have the green symbol and it's selected in the menu.

Is it dark enough on the roads you're driving to activate the high beams? Also, pay attention the sides of the road. They will be better illuminated.

If you still feel something isn't right, double check your FORSCAN settings.

OP
OP

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
Everything should work if you have the green symbol and it's selected in the menu.

Is it dark enough on the roads you're driving to activate the high beams? Also, pay attention the sides of the road. They will be better illuminated.

If you still feel something isn't right, double check your FORSCAN settings.
I just had a few minutes and I just double checked all of the settings and they are all correct. Maybe the roads weren't dark enough, that is possible. But it's still the dynamic swivel which is weird on why that's not working.
Sponsored