Issue with recent update - Keeps getting postponed

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
Hello! for the last few days my truck (23 Lariat ER) has been trying to install an update. It looks like the update has been downloaded but the truck is having trouble installing it. I keep on getting the attached message which states that the update has been postponed because it was interrupted by another process. My 12V battery is at about 85%. Is there a way of checking what is actually postponing the update?

Ford F-150 Lightning Issue with recent update - Keeps getting postponed IMG_3077
Sponsored

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
OK. I don't have any long trips planned but I will try to do the above.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Send me the VIN. It is most likely failing due to low battery stats.

bigtundra

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I had this happen for about two weeks, even though I did all those things several times, it eventually did go through. There is a service bulletin for the 12v battery sensor if none of this helps that they should replace for free. If you call Fordpass they can tell you what the issue is too. I would guess it's what rugedraw suggests.

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
I agree. It has to be the 12V system. It did have the recall for the sensor done before I purchased it.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Hello! for the last few days my truck (23 Lariat ER) has been trying to install an update. It looks like the update has been downloaded but the truck is having trouble installing it. I keep on getting the attached message which states that the update has been postponed because it was interrupted by another process. My 12V battery is at about 85%. Is there a way of checking what is actually postponing the update?

IMG_3077.jpg
If it is the 12v battery issue which I apparently had (according to customer service that is what the update was interrupted message mean) then try what I did that worked.

1) plug the truck in to FCSP
2) turn it all the way on (press brake pedal on)
3) set it to charge to 90%
4) turn off lights and any other things that might use the 12v battery
5) disable automatic shut down when key FOB not detected (you want the truck to stay on for a long time
6) turn off Pro Power On-board
7) set the update to install 10 hours from now
8) leave the truck on when you get out and lock it
9) wait 8-10 hours then go back t the truck
10) there should be a message on the screen saying the update is ready to install
11) set the install for 5 minutes from that time, turn off the truck, and lock it

Check back in 30-40 minutes and you should see a message that says update successful.

The driving around for 1 hour routine did not charge up my 12v battery enough - so I resorted to this base on what another poster had said worked to get the battery up to 90% allowing updates to go through.

Seems like having the truck on and plugged in to the FCSP and charging also charges up the LV battery - don't ask me why, it just worked.

I had the 23B70 and 23B57 customer satisfaction program things done but those didn;t help get the latest update. Had to do the plug in routine.

Good luck.

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
Thanks. I may give that one a try if the long drive does not help. I appreciate the help! I will update once it is successfully installed.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Pretty much this. The 12V battery charges when the truck is "on" (ready to drive), but not when in accessory mode. It also charges when the truck is plugged in and actively charging the HV battery. It will not charge when the truck is plugged in after charging is complete. I've also heard there's also a situation when it will charge the 12V battery when it gets critically low while the truck is parked and then put the truck in sleep mode.

I don't know how long it takes to charge up the 12V battery from a normal low-ish charge (not from dead or some other abnormal low state of charge). I suspect it doesn't take all that long.

Easiest would be, for at least an hour, drive it, turn the truck "on" (with auto shutoff timer off), and/or charge the truck. Get a good hour+ of 12V charge. Then immediately try to manually update now.

Things like turning off the headlights and locking the doors shouldn't make a difference. I have never done that and I get updates. I also usually leave my key in the truck (I park in a locked garage).

I do think that if you use phone-as-a-key the truck can wake up (and use 12V) power when your phone is in range, which can be further than you think. I've had it wake up 50' away in a parking lot. The truck key seems to have a shorter range.

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
OK thanks! I will let everyone know how it goes...

nathanjaybar

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, Extended Range
OK thanks! I will let everyone know how it goes...
Any luck?
I have a similar issue with my '23 Lariat ER. I'm going on 3 weeks with the 23-PU0110-RAD-PS update. I have tried disconnecting the 12V battery, putting it on a trickle charge till 100%, then attempting the update. I drove it for 30 min, came home, did the steps listed above, then attempted the update. I've gone as far a turning my bluetooth off on my phone, turning Pro Power off, headlights off, locking the doors, putting my key across the house... attempting with the truck plugged in and charging, then again unplugged and charged to 70%, then 80%.... nothing. Every time I've gotten into the truck over the past few weeks I get MULTIPLE notices on the update and how it didn't go through. I even went to Ford this morning for a battery module update/replacement and asked them to push it through. No luck. They said "It's an issue with Ford's servers, we can't do anything". I don't think that's accurate, but they didn't want to help.

At this point I'm not sure what to do. The only things I haven't tried is charging the truck to 90%, then attempting the update, or connecting a larger 12V battery as mentioned above. I have a large marine battery, so the option is there.

@Ford Motor Company would love some advice if you have any?

Sponsored
OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
So far I still have the same issue. It does look like the 12V battery is to blame. I am going to eventually try to charge it. Let me know how you make out. Thanks

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Any luck?
I have a similar issue with my '23 Lariat ER. I'm going on 3 weeks with the 23-PU0110-RAD-PS update. I have tried disconnecting the 12V battery, putting it on a trickle charge till 100%, then attempting the update. I drove it for 30 min, came home, did the steps listed above, then attempted the update. I've gone as far a turning my bluetooth off on my phone, turning Pro Power off, headlights off, locking the doors, putting my key across the house... attempting with the truck plugged in and charging, then again unplugged and charged to 70%, then 80%.... nothing. Every time I've gotten into the truck over the past few weeks I get MULTIPLE notices on the update and how it didn't go through. I even went to Ford this morning for a battery module update/replacement and asked them to push it through. No luck. They said "It's an issue with Ford's servers, we can't do anything". I don't think that's accurate, but they didn't want to help.

At this point I'm not sure what to do. The only things I haven't tried is charging the truck to 90%, then attempting the update, or connecting a larger 12V battery as mentioned above. I have a large marine battery, so the option is there.

@Ford Motor Company would love some advice if you have any?
Post or send me the VIN.