• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Joined the Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power club yesterday. Wouldn't shut off

DitchDog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat '23
Hey all,

I did a search and can't find any posts that have a similarity to what we experienced this weekend. Lots of "powertrain malfunction/reduced power" posts but none seem to match our experience.

'23 Lariat - @12000 miles

Over the weekend, we received the "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" alert in the middle of driving through downtown traffic. Here's the details:

I was driving around 25-30mph and slowly accelerating. Out of nowhere few warning messages popped up (too quick to read) and I lost all motor power (not the 57% that a lot of people have had, this was complete loss). I pulled over, put it in park and tried to shut the truck down. It would not shut down. When I pressed the power button, the green light would flash fast for a few seconds and the truck wouldn't shut off. We had three lights on the dash; a Battery light, a wrench light, and a truck image with an exclamation point. The shifter was locked in the park position. After about 15 minutes I was able to press the power button and shut off the truck. After turning it back on, there was NO indication of anything ever being wrong. All the lights were cleared, the shifter worked and I was able to drive it away.

There is currently no indication of any issues. No lights on dash, truck drives normal, charges fine, everything works and looks normal. The dealership seemed kinda laissez-faire about the issue and said it was up to me if I wanted to bring it in. Is this something I should be concerned with?

Cheers

ps. not sure if it matters, this was towards the end of a long road trip (1000ish miles over a few days)
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
If you have connectivity turned on then codes are sent to the cloud, your dealer can look them up.