• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

just recd email to place order....why can't I do a "PRO"? but XLT, lariat available?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Ford never claimed anything about making it available to everyone, just that it would be available. As many on this forum did purchase it, it was available. They met their only claim.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I think I'm in the same boat, as my order date is coming up. Isn't this bait and switch. I believe this should be protected by law. Ford advertised a $40k pro model, took reservations and then only made that $40k model to a very small number of reservation holders. Did they advertise it initially as a limited supply only option? I don't remember.

Any lawyers here? From a quick search:
"
bait and switch
A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service, which the seller does not actually intend to sell. This initial advertised offer is “the bait.” Then the seller switches customers from buying the advertised product or service that the seller initially offered into buying a different product or service that is usually at a higher price or has some other advantageous effect to the advertiser. This is the “switch.” Normally, the switched product that the consumer buys is usually at a higher purchase price, an increased profit for the seller, or may have a less marketable characteristic than the product advertised.
A “bait and switch” is different from a "loss-leader" sale, which is when a seller specifically notifies the customer that only a limited number of units of a product are for sale at a discount. “Bait and switch” advertising is grounds for an action of common-law fraud, unjust enrichment, and sometimes breach of contract. A “bait and switch” is also a violation of the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act.
In Federal Claims courts, the key components for evaluating a claim of improper bait-and-switch” by the recipient of a contract are whether: (1) the seller represented in its initial proposal that they would rely on certain specified employees/staff when performing the services; (2) the recipient relied on this representation of information when evaluating the proposal; (3) it was foreseeable and probable that the employees/staff named in the initial proposal would not be available to implement the contract work; and (4) employees/staff other than those listed in the initial proposal instead were or would be performing the services."
Oh FFS not this shit again...

If you want to go down that road be my guest...I'm pretty sure Ford(unlike Rivian) had a team of lawyers scour their reservation "fine print" for adequate CYA. The reservation clearly states what you are paying for.(Hint: you're not paying for any specific truck or trim)

What Ford said and what you think they said are two very different things.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For all the watchers I'll just say you snooze you lose. The PRO was a hell of a deal at $40k.. It still is a hell of a deal $50k. If you get a chance to order..lucky you...go for it.

But there is a reason Ford isn't producing many of those. If you want to hold out and roll the dice for future availability its a huge risk.

It sucks. Its not fair. But that's the crazy car market we find ourselves in right now. Do what you gotta do...but know the market is hot and not showing signs of stabilizing soon.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
For all the watchers I'll just say you snooze you lose. The PRO was a hell of a deal at $40k.. It still is a hell of a deal $50k. If you get a chance to order..lucky you...go for it.

But there is a reason Ford isn't producing many of those. If you want to hold out and roll the dice for future availability its a huge risk.

It sucks. Its not fair. But that's the crazy car market we find ourselves in right now. Do what you gotta do...but know the market is hot and not showing signs of stabilizing soon.
A lot of people reserved in the first minute and never got a chance at a Pro. I think saying "you snooze, you lose," is just a way to troll or start drama. Or your definition of snooze is not one currently available in any dictionary.

With that said, I think that a bait and switch lawsuit would have less than zero chance of being successful. I also think there is a zero percent chance anyone would even pursue the lawsuit. Lawyers would cost a lot more than the difference between the original Pro and current XLT price.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Oh FFS not this shit again...

If you want to go down that road be my guest...I'm pretty sure Ford(unlike Rivian) had a team of lawyers scour their reservation "fine print" for adequate CYA. The reservation clearly states what you are paying for.(Hint: you're not paying for any specific truck or trim)

What Ford said and what you think they said are two very different things.
Seems like he hasn't been told no enough in life.... Bait and switch smdh

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot of people reserved in the first minute and never got a chance at a Pro. I think saying "you snooze, you lose," is just a way to troll or start drama. Or your definition of snooze is not one currently available in any dictionary.

With that said, I think that a bait and switch lawsuit would have less than zero chance of being successful. I also think there is a zero percent chance anyone would even pursue the lawsuit. Lawyers would cost a lot more than the difference between the original Pro and current XLT price.
Perhaps its a bit of a cheeky remark, but all I'm saying is the market is so hot right now if you try to wait for the optimal situation(best deal) you may end up in a worse situation OR you'll be waiting a long time for the market to stabilize. Kind of like the Gambler song: "You gotta know when to hold em', know when to fold them"

Everyone holding out for a PRO has got to realize in order to get one it may be 1 year, 2 year, wait. You have to decide if saving the money is worth the wait.

I'm not referencing the people who didn't get the invite at all, I'm referencing those who passed and now mad they have to wait. ITs been discussed at length about how Ford was not producing many PROs at all..they are the unicorn of the trim levels. So why is it people roll the dice and then get pissed at the result?

If anyone asked my advice.. I'd say they should jump on an opportunity if it presents itself to purchase at MSRP(any trim that you can afford). As we've seen the prices will increase for the forseeable future.

No drama, just tired of the same old argument every 3 months-- someone pissed they didn't get an invite at all, someone else pissed they got an invite but they can't get a PRO, someone else pissed they got a 2023 invite so they have to pay more. Some one mad about the tax credit. Someone thinking Ford owes them a truck because they reserved first day. Someone mad ZEV states got more trucks. etc

And on and on...

Last edited:

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

If someone from California can file a class action lawsuit against a sauce maker in North Carolina that uses the name Texas Pete for false advertising (because they are not from Texas), then I'm sure there are lawyers willing to try their hand at a class action bait and switch...I doubt they would win, but more frivolous lawsuits have been filed in the past.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
Everyone holding out for a PRO has got to realize in order to get one it may be 1 year, 2 year, wait. You have to decide if saving the money is worth the wait.
By the time you get a chance to order a PRO, it might be selling for $70K. So what would be the point?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Honestly, your best bet at a pro at this point is to try to snag a dealer demo. It should still count as new and so you should be able to get the tax credit. Even with a $10k adm you'll still come out ahead.
Sponsored