• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maintenance Schedule - 10k service

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
What did they charge you?
Mine is being worked on right now and I am told $30. Will update if that changes.
Sponsored

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
If you think 10k miles is a good interval to rotate your tires to prolong their life on something like a heavy EV with endless torque... you're in for a rude awakening.

Most independent tire shops recommend 5k or some even as low as 3k on these types of cars even at their own resource expense for those who buy tires through them and get free rotations. Don't be surprised if you don't even see 10k miles before you need to replace them on the OEM fitment soft tires. I've had several sets now replaced around that mark with a substantial prorated wear warranty credit.

No way would I even attempt to wait 10k miles for a tire rotation on a Ford Lightning. Conversely, much of what's listed in that list would easily go 10x that mileage before you even need to look at it let alone do anything with it.

The point is, this tire rotation item (much like everything else I see listed in that 10k list) is kind of an arbitrary interval at 10k. It kind of feels like they just threw a bunch of crap together to make it seem like you really need to do it because.. y'know... safety and such.
Just took my lightning in for 10,000 mile service, they rotated the tires, and did not check my coolant, was at min when I took in. My tires are wearing well like if they were on a regular vehicle. Maybe it helps that I have 22 inch tires? Not impressed with my dealer For maintenance.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I just scheduled and got my 10k service done on my standard range XLT. It was $37. I used points. I had to ask them what they be doing and they were going to rotate (yes.), rebalance (no), alignment (no), check brake wear (yes), multipoint inspection (.,yes), check and replace cabin air filter if needed (yes on check, no on replace). Initial prices was 100 something $, the. It was 70 something $, ended up at $37.

It went smoothly once we settled on what should be included. It pays to have read and been aware of the Ford recommendations.

This was Russell and Smith Ford in Houston, Texas, 610 south.

Ford F-150 Lightning Maintenance Schedule - 10k service PXL_20240530_160415375_Original

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
One of the two Ford Dealerships in Raleigh NC proudly advertised in their Quicklane waiting area that they “only” charge $147 for EV 10k service intervals!

Guess which Ford Dealership I won’t be going to for service!!!!

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Dealerships don’t do scheduled maintenance service and it doesn’t matter if you have an EV or an ICE, The service writers and the mechanics ignore the maintenance schedules. If you want maintenance service that matches the maintenance schedule you have to develop a line by line service list.

This is one of my biggest complaints with dealership service departments. Of course so many customers have so little knowledge of their vehicles so it’s typically easy for dealerships to give drive-by service. It’s a shame because I really think there is money to be made in thorough vehicle maintenance done in accordance with the maintenance schedules.

So to all those that are saying they’re getting a really low price on vehicle maintenance I would suggest that all they’re getting is drive by maintenance service which is really no maintenance service at all. If you don’t really care about your vehicle then probably this drive-by service is good enough for you. But if you care about your vehicle and you want it be in tip top shape then putting in a little extra effort pays dividends.

The manufacturers developed those maintenance schedules for a reason. Unless you’re prepared to reverse engineer your vehicle to develop your own maintenance schedule then you should at least accept the maintenance schedule as an honest effort by the manufacturer to keep your vehicle running. I wish it wasn’t so hard get dealerships to provide the service called out in the maintenance schedules.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I just scheduled and got my 10k service done on my standard range XLT. It was $37. I used points. I had to ask them what they be doing and they were going to rotate (yes.), rebalance (no), alignment (no), check brake wear (yes), multipoint inspection (.,yes), check and replace cabin air filter if needed (yes on check, no on replace). Initial prices was 100 something $, the. It was 70 something $, ended up at $37.

It went smoothly once we settled on what should be included. It pays to have read and been aware of the Ford recommendations.

This was Russell and Smith Ford in Houston, Texas, 610 south.
If you're going to follow the maintenance schedule, then "check the air filter" isn't on there. That's at 20,000 miles, and it's "replace", not "check".

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Dealerships don’t do scheduled maintenance service and it doesn’t matter if you have an EV or an ICE.
Mine does. And I can watch what they do through the window in the waiting area. When they’re finished, I get a report of what they checked and what fluids were added, if any.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
One of the two Ford Dealerships in Raleigh NC proudly advertised in their Quicklane waiting area that they “only” charge $147 for EV 10k service intervals!

Guess which Ford Dealership I won’t be going to for service!!!!
I'm going to guess Capital.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
My dealership seemed somewhat capable. When I called to schedule, they mentioned all the things they do, including the oil change. When I mentioned it was electric F150, he said oh, basically we just rotate your tires and top off any fluids. It was about 30 or 40 bucks.
I’m glad my tires aren’t directional.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just to clarify, it’s the Lightning’s cabin air filter that is scheduled to be changed at 20,000 miles.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Mine does. And I can watch what they do through the window in the waiting area. When they’re finished, I get a report of what they checked and what fluids were added, if any.
Did you actually see the technician check the suspension components for play? Did compare the report with the maintenance schedule in the owners manual to see if all the items were covered?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Did you actually see the technician check the suspension components for play? Did compare the report with the maintenance schedule in the owners manual to see if all the items were covered?
1. Hard to tell for sure. He was doing stuff in the wheel wells when rotating the tires.
2. Yes. All the right boxes were checked on the report. Washer fluid was the only thing indicated as topped off. But even watching him work doesn’t ensure that everything was done right.

To be fair, I wasn’t staring at him 100% of the time.
Sponsored