On-Off Planned Departure Time?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
For me it depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. If it's before a long trip and I want to maximize efficiency, I just add a new departure time for that day/time and delete when done. If it's for comfort, and heat/cool cabin then I'll remote start 10-15 min before I am ready to go.
It really is this simple. 👍
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it asking too much to say tomorrow at 6am be ready, regardless of where my destination is?
That’s exactly what setting a departure time does. It’s not difficult.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
I switch it off. There’s no need to delete.
So you have to remember to switch it off. Again, point of the post.

We know there are ways to make this work, just identifying what feels like a relatively easy update to improve the user interface.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Some of the issues are 'First World Problems', having a one use procedures is unnecessary IMHO, there's much effort in: setting up, tweaking, turning on, turning off as the needs might call for and vary cases by case.

Remote start the truck when you roll out of bed and she's warm or cool and ready to roll.

Planning a big trip and want performance maximized, plan your route and set up the departure schedule, I do see a value in enhancing the trip planner by providing a {Departure Time event Switch} that would kill two birds with one stone. Again non recurring trips could self cancel the DT as well once the date specific travel plan has expired.

The rest is just splitting hairs.

Off Topic, round two of shoveling is done, I'm pooped 13,000 steps and tons of snow shoveled [5000 sq ft X 2] no Lightning was involved but thought about these first world problems while laboring behind that shovel.
Ford F-150 Lightning On-Off Planned Departure Time? 1704674113992

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
At one point didn't we have the ability to toggle them off individually, or am I just losing it?
I don't recall that functionality, the only switches we've had are operate departure time events while unplugged and master on/off switch for all programmed time slots

Last edited:

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some of the issues are 'First World Problems'
Aren't most of our issues first-world issues when talking about owning a first-generation electric truck that cost most of us $70-100k? ;)

I'd use the one-time departures exclusively. Alternatively, the way it currently works has been of no benefit and only cost me electrons. I'd love the option.

That said, it's a minor haggle/criticism vs other opportunities for improvement.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You know, sometimes you just have to realize how stuff works, develop a strategy that works for you within the restrictions, and go on with life.
The alternative is to get all worked up about it, go online and bitch, while raising your blood pressure. It’s not worth it.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You know, sometimes you just have to realize how stuff works, develop a strategy that works for you within the restrictions, and go on with life.
The alternative is to get all worked up about it, go online and bitch, while raising your blood pressure. It’s not worth it.
I'm not really sure why anyone goes online for anything, but I'm capable of talking about features that would be nice adds without raising my blood pressure. Don't think anyone is too fired up here.

Would be pretty boring on the board if we didn't occasionally talk about things we'd like to see changed...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm not really sure why anyone goes online for anything, but I'm capable of talking about features that would be nice adds without raising my blood pressure. Don't think anyone is too fired up here.

Would be pretty boring on the board if we didn't occasionally talk about things we'd like to see changed...
I agree, but temper your expectations, Ford is not Tesla.

The designers of T3 will likely consider such features updates in the next generation quicker that the DEV teams trying to this generation stable for the current production and 10 year support cycle once it becomes antiquated

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree, but temper your expectations, Ford is not Tesla.

The designers of T3 will likely consider such features updates in the next generation quicker that the DEV teams trying to this generation stable for the current production and 10 year support cycle once it becomes antiquated
No worries - my expectations are very tempered. I'm patiently waiting for the update with SOC on my battery gauge! 😉

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The biggest frustration with features like Remote Start and Departure Times have been when FordPass doesn't do what you tell it to, and when even set in the vehicle they don't work.

Supposedly the most recent FordPass update fixes some of that...

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Unless you are going on a journey that requires maximizing range, there is no need to precondition. Simply remote start a few minutes prior to departure.
This.
For a one-time warmup of the cabin just set an alarm on your phone for 15 minutes prior to your intended departure and then do a remote start.
Sponsored