• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OTA updates / SOC Display

Bohorcl03

First Name
[email protected]
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Self Employed
I bought my F-150 Lightning Platinum on March 31 of this year. Since the day I received it, I have had a lot of connectivity issues and problems with the FCSP. The FCSP was replaced once by Ford and the replacement unit doesn't register the charging time properly. I just came to the realization that Ford is way behind in the latest technology and seamless operation between the truck, the Ford Pass application, and the FCSP. Question to the forum members that have more experience how come I can not see the SOC on the dashboard? Also what the other 100 indicates on the left of the side of the circle and the 0%.
Ford F-150 Lightning OTA updates / SOC Display 1699028602322
See the attached picture.
Ford F-150 Lightning OTA updates / SOC Display 1699028602322
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Question to the forum members that have more experience how come I can not see the SOC on the dashboard? Also what the other 100 indicates on the left of the side of the circle and the 0%. See the attached picture.
To get the SOC displayed you need OTA 23-PU0930-RBA-CHM. Sounds like you're not getting OTA updates though. Almost every 5th thread on this forum is about that issue and various ways to get them (there are many).
The semi-circle on the left with the blue lightning bolt is the power gauge. From the Owner's Manual:
Power Gauge
The power gauge displays the amount of power going to the wheels when accelerating or maintaining speed. The inner thin blue line represents the percentage of maximum power available. When the system limits the available maximum power the blue line moves down and the available power is shown as less than 100%. A corresponding message could display when available power is reduced.
When slowing down by lifting your foot off the accelerator pedal or pressing the brake, the power gauge displays the amount of power the regenerative braking system captures
[in green] and returns to the high voltage battery.

The 100 will decrease for various reasons: cold weather, low battery, something has gone wrong. Mine has got down to 87.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
"What is this representing?" 100 on the left is to show the top of that graph, which is how much power you can output. Sometimes this is reduced for whatever reason.

"Why is not showing SOC here?" It is, but only in graphic form, ie how much of that guage is full. Again the 100 on the right represents the max you can fill the battery, I've never heard of this being reduced for any reason, but maybe there was a plan to show something more there that never came to fruition.

As the other responder said, you're behind on some updates. I am too. When we get those updates we should see the current SOC next to the battery icon on the right.

OP
OP

Bohorcl03

First Name
[email protected]
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Self Employed
Thanks for the reply. I will continue searching in the various ways that I can do to force the updates. I am greatfull for the imput of members of the forum with more knowledge and expirience. I am new to the EV world. Prviously owner of a 2013 F-150 XLT.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for the reply. I will continue searching in the various ways that I can do to force the updates. I am greatfull for the imput of members of the forum with more knowledge and expirience. I am new to the EV world. Prviously owner of a 2013 F-150 XLT.
There is no way to force any OTA to be sent to your truck. You can update it yourself, but it requires a particular cable and access to Ford's FDRS software. More info on this process on the thread linked below:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/lightning-software-updates-using-fdrs.11029/

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
It seems I may be in the minority, but when I bought my 2022 Lariat Er in April and found it was way out of date, my dealerships service dept took it in and brought me up-to-date and I’ve been getting updates ever since.

It’s worth asking.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I'm coming from a 2011 Lariat so this all new to me. As ruge said, one way is to do the updates yourself with cable and FDRS. Other members have gotten dealers to apply certain critical updates (TCU, Gateway?) and that broke the logjam. Also make sure your vehicle is not in fleet mode (it would be if you bought their demo). Just search all these terms until you find one that may help.

The FCSP is likely unrelated. I have gotten all the OTA's but still have issues with it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired