• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pathway Lighting time - how to adjust?

Tonitrus

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When I lock and leave my truck the head and tail lights stay on for quite a while. Where do I look to chage the time the lights stay lit?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
You're looking for autolamp delay, from the Owner's Manual:
Ford F-150 Lightning Pathway Lighting time - how to adjust? 1724111866859-1l

(The manual still refers to the old Sync layout, Just press Settings
Ford F-150 Lightning Pathway Lighting time - how to adjust? 1724112039371-t1
)

Your choices are Off, 10, 20, 120 seconds.

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
I have the same problem. The lights stay on for 10 minutes before they shut off - even though I have the auto lamp set to off. Lots of people in our campground stop and inform me about the lights being on but I tell them it’s ok. The truck has a mind of its own. I’ll be going for my 20,000 mile maintenance soon so I’ll have the dealer check it out. I’ll post what they find.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
I have the same problem. The lights stay on for 10 minutes before they shut off - even though I have the auto lamp set to off. Lots of people in our campground stop and inform me about the lights being on but I tell them it’s ok. The truck has a mind of its own. I’ll be going for my 20,000 mile maintenance soon so I’ll have the dealer check it out. I’ll post what they find.
Make sure you also turn off Welcome Lighting. The truck will see your keyfob or PAAK and wake up to greet you by turning on some exterior lights.

Also the Owners manual has this note when you turn off the vehicle: "Note: You can pull the turn signal toward you to manually switch off the autolamp exit delay."
I haven't tried it though.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Make sure you also turn off Welcome Lighting. The truck will see your keyfob or PAAK and wake up to greet you by turning on some exterior lights.
The welcome lights should only be triggered when the key comes into range, not just being in range. I leave my fob in the truck and the welcome lights never come on.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
The welcome lights should only be triggered when the key comes into range, not just being in range. I leave my fob in the truck and the welcome lights never come on.
Correct, but if he's walking around a campsite, I could see it going in and out of range and triggering. When I am working around my truck it does this quite often. That was my point, I should have been more specific.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Movement of the FOB is the trigger while in the range, I've noted it several times with my truck.
I turned off the welcome light function, if/when I need illumination I just tap the unlock button, that gives me the light I need.
Sponsored