• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone Mount by Shifter?

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I use a VPN to block ads on my phone, which prevents AA [edit, the wireless connection] from working properly (if anyone knows a fix for this, please share) so I always plug in. Connection is up and running in under 5 seconds every time.
You could try Brave Browser. Blocks all ads.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
If you have the 15" vertical screen, you can suction mount to the back of the screen and orient a phone holder to the top left of the screen.

I use this one.

I used the iOttie Easy One Touch 5.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0875RKTQF

1706336893337.png

1706336908810.png

1706336919530.png

1706336934718.png
Yes using a mount on the back of the screen is perfect for sync 4a screen. You can your phone as a dash cam if needed.

TPARTS Foldable Magnetic Car Cellphone Mount Hidden MagSafe Phone Holder Stand for Tesla Model 3 / Model Y, Compatible with iPhone 15 Pro iPhone 14 iPhone 13 iPhone 12 and Other Smartphones https://a.co/d/04GzflZ

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Personally I think the shifter design is dumb. Why design a giant beefy shift mechanism, then a second mechanism to make the first mechanism fold down flat when it could all be accomplished by a couple of buttons or a small knob? Do we really feel any manlier by "throwing" it into gear? I'd rather get another place to put my glasses.
I agree whole heartedly the shifter design is dumb. Add in the fact that it feels cheap and sounds like a Harbor Freight driver/drill while in operation and you have a trifecta of crappiness. I would prefer "on the tree". I took my Lightning in for recall and CSP work and got a loaner 2023 Powerboost hybrid. That one had it on the column, which was much preferred.

The whole fold flat workspace is a gimmick that could be an option, but shouldn't be on every Lightning. I'd rather have additional volume in the center storage versus fold flat workspace personally. Give me a top and bottom bin in the center storage. And I'd rather have the shifter on the column and 2 more cup holders definitely. As smart as this truck supposedly is, the gear shifter should detect resistance and kick back upright versus smashing whatever happens to be in the hole. I mean most of us are truck guys, we are going to stick stuff in any available hole; see catfish noodling as an example.

Anybody know any way to disable the button that retracts the gear shifter?

Anybody know of a aftermarket lid for the center console that replaces the fold flat work space?

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
This has been in F-150s for many years. The fold-down was introduced in 2020 or so. The Lightning was designed to mimic the gas truck for easy adoption to EVs.
Doing things the way they have always been done before is a really lame excuse for a lousy design. It's embarrassingly bad in an otherwise pretty great cabin layout. A push button dash design like the old Plymouth Valiant with radio buttons that pop back out would be super cool. A column shifter would be ok, a very classic seventies pickup style. I would also gladly take a rotary dial like the MME, simple and refined.

Sponsored

Maximum Effort

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024Lightning Flash, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Self employed
Not near the shifter but I finally found a use for the pro-trailer steering knob… holds i-phone and charges it. My hand does not fit into the charging pad location and I will never use the trailer steering knob. Not a perfect location but works for me. Just used 3m double sided tape. The weather proof kind for exterior automotive moldings. 🤷‍♂️
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone Mount by Shifter? IMG_2073

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Plarinum
I 3D printed the one that fits inside the shifter space, but the first time the shifter started to go forward, I quickly removed it and replaced it with this one from Amazon. Mounted it right under the trailer brake controller and it offers an adjustable viewing angle and I can hook it to the USB connector to charge if necessary. It won't damage the plastic dash and is removable if needed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone Mount by Shifter? IMG_8038.JPG

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I had this iottie velox charger sitting around because I had bought it for my wife's car but couldnt find a nice, clean, flat place it would stick to. So I tried it out and it works perfectly mounted so that the phone kinds sits in the shifter recess. and charges wirelessly, I dont have the factory wireless charger, this is probably a better solution.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone Mount by Shifter? PXL_20240928_163621690.MP

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone Mount by Shifter? PXL_20240928_163616452.MP

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone Mount by Shifter? PXL_20240928_163619080.MP

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME CR1, 21 Highlander v6, 01 F350 v10
I use a VPN to block ads on my phone, which prevents AA [edit, the wireless connection] from working properly (if anyone knows a fix for this, please share) so I always plug in. Connection is up and running in under 5 seconds every time.
I use ProtonVPN and it has a "split tunneling" option that allows you to exclude your choice of apps or IP addresses. I have AA set to not use the VPN and it works well.
Sponsored