• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction / High Voltage Warning @ 11k miles

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I feel they don't know what they're getting themselves into so they estimate it to be a day job. From what I've read, I thought the whole battery drops with a few bolts and the module is right on top.

They previously indicated it would be a day to just get the battery out. It's likely because they have yet to remove a battery in a Lightning.
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
They arent being truthful. I had a module replaced for the same errors and it took 1-1.5 hours to drop the battery. Maybe they are including the disassembly of the other modules, but to get the battery off the truck doesnt take long at all.
Add in safety protocols and going through the proper battery discharge procedure. Mix in that it may be their first major EV HVB service.

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Add in safety protocols and going through the proper battery discharge procedure. Mix in that it may be their first major EV HVB service.
Agreed. That's likely the issue here and I'm OK with that. I get that we're somewhat a guinea pig for the dealers to learn. As long as I feel I'm getting the necessary attention and they're not putting me off since they're scared and would rather work on traditional ICE vehicles.

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
I got the same errors this morning, my dealer told me to bring it in next week and did not offer me a loaner. I don’t even know if I can drive it there with reduced power.

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I confirmed with Ford that my truck is part of the 23H01 recall regarding the high voltage battery module replacement. It falls within that time frame. I'm assuming those who were built in the timeframe indicated within this bulletin will either experience a failure or get the recall to bring the truck in for a proactive replacement.

Sponsored

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I confirmed with Ford that my truck is part of the 23H01 recall regarding the high voltage battery module replacement. It falls within that time frame. I'm assuming those who were built in the timeframe indicated within this bulletin will either experience a failure or get the recall to bring the truck in for a proactive replacement…
The 23H01 bulletin says October 14, 2021 through October 19, 2022 are the vehicles that can be affected, that is a huge time frame. How do you know your vehicle was affected? and that seems to a proactive bulletin, why would the truck alerts go off and limit your driving/power output if it's semi voluntary...

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
The 23H01 bulletin says October 14, 2021 through October 19, 2022 are the vehicles that can be affected, that is a huge time frame. How do you know your vehicle was was affected? and that seems to a proactive bulletin, why would the truck alerts go off and limit your driving/power output if it's semi voluntary...
Thars basically all of MY22. Id suggest protectively looking into this. If it fails, your truck is dead. Bringing your truck to the dealer with the parts already in hand and Ford Tech ready to assist would cut down on significant headache.

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thars basically all of MY22. Id suggest protectively looking into this. If it fails, your truck is dead. Bringing your truck to the dealer with the parts already in hand and Ford Tech ready to assist would cut down on significant headache.
I have no other option, my truck is not driveable, it’s giving me the high voltage battery alert.

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I have no other option, my truck is not driveable, it’s giving me the high voltage battery alert.
I'm right there with you. Ask your dealer about this recall and see if it's confirmed for your truck.

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
I had same issue. Multiple times. Check my posts and profile pic

Sponsored
OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Finally got the truck back today. Overall it took just under 4 weeks from the failure event to have it back in my hands. Oh, and I missed her. The Mach E I've been driving around was just not the same.

Overall, I was disappointed with Ford. I expected Ford to be in constant communication with me and the dealership to make sure that my truck was receiving attention from the dealership. Instead I felt like Ford was completely clueless, provided me with updates that were useless and things I already know and didn't make me feel as if they were working to make early adopters satisfied with their purchase.

The dealership was alright. They received a tool from Ford for the job, but couldn't locate it in the parts storage area for over a week. Basically the truck sat there while the dealership looked around and worked with Ford to obtain a new one.

Happy to have it back. I just hope I don't need to go through this again.

MadLighting

First Name
STephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lighting
Mines been at the Dealer since July 18. for this issues. No ETA on parts I am going to file Lemon Law on August 15 since it will be 20 business days without my Truck.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Dropped mine at the dealer Monday 7/31. Although issue was reported to Ford in mid July. Latest update from ford

there is currently a backlog on this part.

The new ETA I received for the part is 08/16/2023 but I am hoping it will arrive sooner.

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Mine also went down on the 18th. As off this morning no idea of part shipment date per the call I got from the dealer service advisor. Send a note to the Ford EV case manager to see if they have a different answer but had not heard back.

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Mine also went down on the 18th. As off this morning no idea of part shipment date per the call I got from the dealer service advisor. Send a note to the Ford EV case manager to see if they have a different answer but had not heard back.
Should have clarified. 23H01 battery module replacement. Nobody has told me exactly how many need replacement.
Sponsored