• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power (DTC P0AA4:BECM)

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well here we go again🤬🤬 I received my MME last week after the HVBJB replacement and today just received this for the truck. Hopefully I can make it to dealer if not get it towed there and have it inspected. I will follow up soon.
#1 I have to get this towed because it will not go faster than 15 mph
D75DF822-5EF9-4A15-8B49-0AEC4D1CA220.jpeg
Wow, serious limp mode!

At least it didn't brick the truck making it impossible to move or get towed (my worst nightmare).
Sponsored

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
On the way to dealer for the issue. The service vehicle soon is off and on when powering vehicle. Will drive regular when off then when on truck only goes up to 15 mph. You can stomp on accelerator when light is on and nothing faster than 15 mph

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power (DTC P0AA4:BECM) 1667333504371

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power (DTC P0AA4:BECM) 06FA5DC3-AF65-4298-B427-327A651169DE

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
On the way to dealer for the issue. The service vehicle soon is off and on when powering vehicle. Will drive regular when off then when on truck only goes up to 15 mph. You can stomp on accelerator when light is on and nothing faster than 15 mph

1667333504371.gif

06FA5DC3-AF65-4298-B427-327A651169DE.jpeg
Did Ford pay the towing bill or at least come get it?

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Did Ford pay the towing bill or at least come get it?
I used Ford roadside assistance to tow to dealer and they issued a rental until fixed. I will contact BEV team for a case once again like my MME to cover gas reimbursement.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I used Ford roadside assistance to tow to dealer and they issued a rental until fixed. I will contact BEV team for a case once again like my MME to cover gas reimbursement.
Interesting - didn't know they would cover the extras.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Interesting - didn't know they would cover the extras.
Yes, Ford will pay for fuel as well as any hotel stays if it happened away from home.

There was a MME owner who was travelling to So Cal from Nor Cal and his MME had the HVBJB issue and took over a week and Ford paid for the hotel stay, rental and gas.

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power (DTC P0AA4:BECM) EEC904D4-6619-480D-AE7B-BA021856B3B7
So the truck has been at the dealer for a little over 2 weeks now for the powertrain malfunction/reduced power alert awaiting a part. I received a phone call Tuesday 11/15 from the BEV team that the part was in and I would hear from the service dept at the dealer soon that the truck will be ready. Today I opened the Fordpass app and saw a new alert😞 The app shows shows battery charged at 100% with only 120 miles on an extended range?! And now a High-Voltage battery warning?! I am afraid now. I will visit the dealer for an update

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So the truck has been at the dealer for a little over 2 weeks now for the powertrain malfunction/reduced power alert awaiting a part. I received a phone call Tuesday 11/15 from the BEV team that the part was in and I would hear from the service dept at the dealer soon that the truck will be ready. Today I opened the Fordpass app and saw a new alert😞 The app shows shows battery charged at 100% with only 120 miles on an extended range?! And now a High-Voltage battery warning?! I am afraid now. I will visit the dealer for an update
Do you have a trailer profile?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
EEC904D4-6619-480D-AE7B-BA021856B3B7.jpeg
It's likely the repair is not done as the battery capacity relearn is a procedure at the end that would correct that

OP
OP
hikinbengal

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
EEC904D4-6619-480D-AE7B-BA021856B3B7.jpeg
I received a bunch of error messages while the service center was disabling the battery. If go back and look at some of the posts you find out that most of the modules are not serviceable and they have just replace them. I had to have my battery dropped, dissembled, and reconnected twice to get to the high-voltage junction box. I would just ignore everything until you see the final report or if you get a repeat fault after you get the truck back.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Awesome!!!!

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
I know it has been a long haul for you, but considering all the restraints on supplies, it seems remarkable that the Lightning battery was removed, disassembled, modules replaced, reassembled all in just 3 weeks. Do you know where the work on the battery was done?

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Just got the same alert FML

Edit: Is there a way to reset the alerts to see if they pop up again. Maybe (hopefully) it was a fluke thing lol
Sponsored