Pre-collision alert for no discernible reason

Comarley

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Driving country roads, suddenly my truck started screaming at me and flashing “pre-collision alert” (“alert” might not be the right word; sorry, I was too busy trying to not die to pay enough attention). After applying brakes (myself; I didn’t notice any braking by the truck), I realized there was nothing around. I’ve only had the truck about 2,800 miles. Is this a common thing? I now see you can adjust sensitivity, but there was literally nothing around. No car in front or behind, nothing on the sides.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Any brush or shrubs close to the edge of the road path? The sensors might be picking it up as a potential pedestrian collision.

Only time mine has freaked out is when I'm tailing a car and they make a sudden slow down and two-wheeled right turn, as I'm closing in hot or not the alerts pop up like the end of the world is a coming.

BarryGoyette

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Photographer
The same thing happened to me once.. don’t remember the exact situation but it was in town, and nothing around for me to hit.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
It's a little glitchy but I was happy when it alerted me about a guy walking his dog in my lane as I came over a hill with a blind turn. I was traveling at a reasonable speed and paying attention so I more than likely wouldn't have hit them but a little extra back-up never hurts.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve had it happen a couple of times. There is an intersection near my house that is only about a 20 degree turn so as you approach it you are pointed directly at the broad side of any car waiting at the light. I’m sure the computer is thinking I’m going to follow the road I’m on to the left but at the last minute I steer to the right directly at the side of another car as I turn right. The other time was on a curve approaching an underpass so the vertical wall of the underpass is directly in front of the truck just before you have to steer away from it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre-collision alert for no discernible reason IMG_0448

Sponsored
OP
OP

Comarley

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Any brush or shrubs close to the edge of the road path? The sensors might be picking it up as a potential pedestrian collision.
Not that I noticed.

I’ve had it happen a couple of times. There is an intersection near my house that is only about a 20 degree turn so as you approach it you are pointed directly at the broad side of any car waiting at the light.
Well, now I have to go drive the route again. There were no other cars, but there is a non-90 degree turn.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I had a different car collision system trigger on a metal gas line that was above the ground on the side of the road on a turn. it was on the route to my kids school so it became a regular thing. I think there was enough metal that the radar thought it was a stationary car.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Yes, I have had this happen several times all on the same curve, w/o anything near, or in front of the truck. First time it happened scared the sh*t out of me and my passenger...
I'm glad you posted this, as I thought I was the only one this had happened to

Kmgalea

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
On my way home from work the road dips and goes under a train trestle. The collision alert goes off 20% of the time with no cars in front of me. Sensitive to say the least.
Sponsored