Sponsored

tomjackbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, Honda HRV, Ford F150L
I've tried so many combinations of charging the LVB (and HVB) to get 3.5.5 to install that I am out of ideas. I was able to get info that a low LVB is causing the update to fail but no combination of driving and/or charging has worked.

@GDN Those percentages came from the data that was sent to Ford?
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've tried so many combinations of charging the LVB (and HVB) to get 3.5.5 to install that I am out of ideas. I was able to get info that a low LVB is causing the update to fail but no combination of driving and/or charging has worked.

@GDN Those percentages came from the data that was sent to Ford?
Correct.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I still haven’t even been offered this update or 3.5.5 yet. Feeling the FOMO…
The love is being spared the issue of having it, but it won't install.

I'm really to the point I want to quit following the SW threads. When the stuff downloads and finally installs so be it, but Ford just can't get it right. I want to help them learn, but there aren't much changes its two steps forward and just almost 2 back it seems.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I still haven’t even been offered this update or 3.5.5 yet. Feeling the FOMO…
Same here…… it’s to the point where I’d rather be able to download the update on a stick and do it myself than wait for OTA.

Reactions: GDN

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I plugged in my old school OBD2 code scanner and ran a couple tests, when I power off the truck the static voltage drops to around 12.332v while accessory loads are still active, when I open the door to cause the accessory items to shut down the static LVB level rises to 12.414 , wondering if that is too low to allow the update to start?

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 1670601679757

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
@ChrisCon - Would you update your poll to add an option for those that it has downloaded to but won't install. Will be an interesting number to see. Mine is due to 12v battery, but wondering how many others and how long it will take.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve only had mine for a couple of weeks so I haven’t gotten any OTA updates yet. How do you determine what version you have? I have looked through the manual and tried all of the setting screens in the truck but I don’t see any version numbers. I assume I am on a 3.x.x version based on what I have seen posted but I don’t know where to find it.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
How do you determine what version you have?
You don't, unless someone has found it recently. After the first update, you can find version notes from the last update through the app. So far, the version notes only stay available until the next update.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
PU versions as @Amps notes don't always update or stay around, but if they do you'll find them on the "Software Update" screen. Those are just small updates that tweak things along the way.

If you want to know what version of Sync you are running those are found on another screen. I don't recall, but maybe under a general tab and then a screen full of serial numbers, your VIN, etc.

Many other version numbers discussed can only be found if you have an a tool such as FDRS. Those have serial numbers/version numbers for modules. More detailed than 98% of the owners truly get.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@ChrisCon - Would you update your poll to add an option for those that it has downloaded to but won't install. Will be an interesting number to see. Mine is due to 12v battery, but wondering how many others and how long it will take.
I created the poll and updated it with the fourth option ..... which I selected.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The previous attempts were never successful.

While tinkering with the PAAK re-setup, I noticed the Software Updates screen now shows this, which also failed to install immediately, so I will let automatic update try overnight. BTW, not specifics about what this update does or a version number.......[[ NOTE the switch for automatic update is now on after I took this shot]]

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 1670720501328

Last edited:

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
Got PAAK update about two weeks ago. Been working perfect. Got the notice about an hour ago for 22-pu1009-mil-dte I will let everyone know. FYI, I just have my updates scheduled for midnight every night. I don't mess around with manually approving it. So far I've never had an issue... Knock on wood.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I’m still stuck on 3.5.2. Got that in September. Home WiFi connected, updates authorized five nights a week.
I guess at some point I’ll take it into my dealer and see why it’s not updating.
Sponsored