First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I gave this technique a shot tonight, but ran into a problem.

The the A phase feeder from the pole transformer to the crib lines failed 10 minutes before I was expecting to pause the charging session and let the scheduled update kick off.

I noticed that my Emporia Vue2 monitor stopped reporting from the 100 amp circuit in the garage, then noticed that the truck reported charging had stopped.

Went out to the garage to investigate, using a DVM, I found that only B phase was providing 120v to the load center, the A phase had ~18 volts, looked around the neighborhood, noted the street light on the pole was also out, and several house were out completely, interestingly our house is also powered by the same transformer, but we did not lose any power to the house.

National Grid had a truck out quickly to investigate and repair the damaged wire after pulling out the 7kv fuse to the can, he spent about 20 minute replacing the suspect line and checking all adjacent taps, this can feeds 18 residences and my garage. All finished he reconnected the fuse, and we had full power.

Now, I'll have to retry the process Thursday and see if it works for me.
Do you have any other 240 v appliances ? Wouldn't that be called a brown out and cause damage to something like an AC (which you are likely not using at this point in the year)?
Sponsored

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
I wouldn't think that would make any difference as mine did the update earlier this week without even being on a charger. And the voltage issue is speculated to be 12 volts DC which would only be affected by DC devices actually an operation on the truck itself. Just my two cents.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Do you have any other 240 v appliances ? Wouldn't that be called a brown out and cause damage to something like an AC (which you are likely not using at this point in the year)?
I guess that would be a brown out, but no the only 240v device we have is the EVSE in the garage, on it's own service feed.

The house has no 240v appliances, 120v oil fired steam boiler, NG cloths dryer, NG water heater, NG range/oven.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Well finally it has applied. After reading a few more posts I plugged in about 2 hours ago, already was at 70% SOC, let it go a couple of hours, went out and pushed the button to install and it did finally. No other magic, but I've been about 2 weeks, multiple charges, likely 20 attempts to install.

Make your own guess what the magic was, maybe just finally caught the 12v battery after a charge.

Now maybe 4.1.1 tomorrow. What kind of gluttons are we?

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Received notice of the pending update yesterday & it updated overnight the only hitch was it charged to 100% although it's set to 85% & it reactivated a departure time that was turned off for the morning.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I honestly think this update was made to appease people that look at their DTE and think something is wrong. The problem now is, you can't trust the DTE will get you where you think you can go.

Before the I update, 90% charge would give me about 195 mile DTE. That made sense. I do mostly highway on my commute. It's cold. The truck was reporting 1.6 to 1.8 mi/kWh. 131 x 1.8 x.9 = 200.

This morning my DTE at 90% was 285 miles after the update.

• Love

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
I honestly think this update was made to appease people that look at their DTE and think something is wrong. The problem now is, you can't trust the DTE will get you where you think you can go.

Before the I update, 90% charge would give me about 195 mile DTE. That made sense. I do mostly highway on my commute. It's cold. The truck was reporting 1.6 to 1.8 mi/kWh. 131 x 1.8 x.9 = 200.

This morning my DTE at 90% was 285 miles after the update.
I'm not going to be happy if they made the DTE less accurate. I dive mostly highway at 75, and have similar numbers to you. I've been seeing 180 miles DTE at 90% charge, which is very accurate. It slowly adjusted to that based on my driving and outdoor temperature from a number at about 260.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I'm not going to be happy if they made the DTE less accurate. I dive mostly highway at 75, and have similar numbers to you. I've been seeing 180 miles DTE at 90% charge, which is very accurate. It slowly adjusted to that based on my driving and outdoor temperature from a number at about 260.
It's less accurate now. But it will give people a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing a high DTE when they unplug.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20221216_113747

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20221216-113906_FordPass

1.6 x 131 x .71 = 149 miles.

astolleis

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Atlas Blue Lighting
Hi All, I'm on day 4 of this "fun" adventure, with a fail every time. I've had mine on and off the FCSP. Plug in when i get home then charge to 100% or 90%. Still no luck. It is Saturday and typically the day i do my most driving. Based on posts maybe it just wants a long drive for the LVB?

One thing that nags me, is my windshield was replaced 2 weekends ago. Yea, Rocks on the road near Denton Texas. I wonder if there are error codes preventing my update but I haven't gone to any of the DFW Ford Dealers to find out. Waiting to see what today brings.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Hi All, I'm on day 4 of this "fun" adventure, with a fail every time. I've had mine on and off the FCSP. Plug in when i get home then charge to 100% or 90%. Still no luck. It is Saturday and typically the day i do my most driving. Based on posts maybe it just wants a long drive for the LVB?

One thing that nags me, is my windshield was replaced 2 weekends ago. Yea, Rocks on the road near Denton Texas. I wonder if there are error codes preventing my update but I haven't gone to any of the DFW Ford Dealers to find out. Waiting to see what today brings.
If it makes you feel any better, you're better off without this update. The DTE shown before this update was pretty reliable. Now it isn't.

This is my DTE after charging last night.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20221217-054946_FordPass

This is my DTE after driving my 50 mile commute.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20221217-070514_FordPass

I'm using the same percentage of battery, but the DTE is an unachievable number. I would attach my EV drive history, but that never reset last night. Another software issue Ford has yet to address. But my mi/kWh was around 1.7 driving home last night.

I drive this same commute every day. When my DTE was showing 195-ish at 90% before this update it was correct. Now we are being misled about our range, probably to appease people that see a small number and think there is something wrong. Now people are going to complain when they can't go as far as the truck says.

I would rather have an uncomfortable truth than be misled.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
I noticed the same thing. It’s more of a “if you drive in the ideal manner for range maximization it will be…..”. They should award points for actually achieving the range. :)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
It's less accurate now. But it will give people a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing a high DTE when they unplug.

Screenshot_20221216_113747.jpg

Screenshot_20221216-113906_FordPass.jpg

1.6 x 131 x .71 = 149 miles.
Have to agree. Of course mine charged to 100% last night or close when I remembered others had noted this would happen.

So following along with others - it is completely useless now to get in after a full charge and see 310 miles, knowing that is really 230 to 240. Just give me reality.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation IMG_3041

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
So following along with others - it is completely useless now to get in after a full charge and see 310 miles, knowing that is really 230 to 240. Just give me reality.
I might charge to 100% tonight or tomorrow night just to see what it says. But whatever it says, I don't trust it anymore. I'm getting better at doing math in my head concerning battery percentage.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
mines gotten fairly accurate since the update. ~2.2 miles/kw. Probably could use some better cold weather calibration. Low 50s on average at morning/nights. So some heater usage but not too much.
Sponsored