• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Could you imagine if they engineered a flip up seat for 2 in the bed that only unlocked when you attached a structural cap w/roll bar? That would be phenomenal

Any cool idea you can think of, GM has already done it.

GMC Envoy XUV

Ford F-150 Lightning PSA: Keep your Tesla NACS adapter cool 1720658057490-ou
Sponsored

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Oh I still have my Lightning, different tools for different things. Unfortunately my EV9 sucks at hauling mulch, and my Lightning sucks at seating 6.

Could you imagine if they engineered a flip up seat for 2 in the bed that only unlocked when you attached a structural cap w/roll bar? That would be phenomenal
Wait for the '26? T3...

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER

MyJoule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Platinum
We just completed a 1600 mile trip using the A2Z adapter with our '22 Lightning- The temperatures were quite hot the whole way- mid 110's across the desert from Phoenix to LA, and We saw 112 up the central valley of California - we stopped numerous times and had no issues with charge rate at any of the stops. Even the LA area was 105-109. The adapter did get quite warm to the touch, but that wasn't unexpected. Charge rates were good for the Lightning, Peaking at 170KW most times and tapering to the low 100's after about 10 min- We would charge until the rate dropped below 100 KW and proceed on our trip- The Tesla Superchargers all worked flawlessly. We didn't do anything special to condition the adapter or the charge cable/connector. I was aware that charging could slow if things got too hot, and we did see the Lightning's battery temperature move off the center after charging in the heat of the day- but never more than a little above center and it came back down overnight before departing the next morning on the trip.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
We just completed a 1600 mile trip using the A2Z adapter with our '22 Lightning- The temperatures were quite hot the whole way- mid 110's across the desert from Phoenix to LA, and We saw 112 up the central valley of California - we stopped numerous times and had no issues with charge rate at any of the stops. Even the LA area was 105-109. The adapter did get quite warm to the touch, but that wasn't unexpected. Charge rates were good for the Lightning, Peaking at 170KW most times and tapering to the low 100's after about 10 min- We would charge until the rate dropped below 100 KW and proceed on our trip- The Tesla Superchargers all worked flawlessly. We didn't do anything special to condition the adapter or the charge cable/connector. I was aware that charging could slow if things got too hot, and we did see the Lightning's battery temperature move off the center after charging in the heat of the day- but never more than a little above center and it came back down overnight before departing the next morning on the trip.
Great to verify that the A2Z adapter doesn't cut out like the Lectron does.

Sponsored

Scott Libre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Space Lazer Repair Technician
I never understood why manufacturers of items that may be out in the direct sun to use black as a finishing material, for example, dashcams and outside security cameras. EA uses a white shell on the connector piece.

I installed six white security cameras 7 years ago, and have not had an issue with any of them in the hot blazing sun of Florida.

husky10101

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 diesel & 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Glad I don't live where it gets 100 or above

Redwood

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Just finished a 1500 mile trip with the A2Z adapter. Charged three times on the last day at superchargers with temps ranging from 90-104F. Kept the adapter inside the cab between stops.

The warmer the location, the slower the charging (as expected), but no failures of the adapter. Worked great!
Sponsored