• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Curious your thoughts…should I use and drive as I would, or should I pursue the dongle and force updates?

only thing I feel I’m really missing out on are the ev routing in Apple Maps (new updated iPhone not recognizing car as an ev yet), and update to use Tesla chargers on road trip we’re a couple weeks out from.
I will never steer anyone away from getting the Mongoose and doing things themselves. It's a fantastic thing to have in your arsenal. You can use it on your vehicle, family and friends, and future vehicles and always sell it and get most of your money back when you're done. To me, it's a must-have.
Sponsored

dugiepts66

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER- Azure
Occupation
Tech
I will never steer anyone away from getting the Mongoose and doing things themselves. It's a fantastic thing to have in your arsenal. You can use it on your vehicle, family and friends, and future vehicles and always sell it and get most of your money back when you're done. To me, it's a must-have.
your previous comment that it’s a bit behind…does that mean there are pending uodates I can push to it? I understand I can update the modules, but the core software itself too for sync?

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
your previous comment that it’s a bit behind…does that mean there are pending uodates I can push to it? I understand I can update the modules, but the core software itself too for sync?
Yes. Your sync is two versions behind the latest.

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
OTA 6.1.0 was sent to you earlier today. Next time you start your truck, it will allow the OTA trigger to go to the next step and if all goes well, download and install the update.
Awesome! Went out and started/stopped the truck after I saw this. 10-15 minutes later the update showed up as successfully installed! I'll have to ask you about my status more often. :)

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FT6W1EV2PWG48207
thx in adv!
I am assuming this is a vehicle you are looking to buy? It does not have a warranty start date yet, but somehow seems to be connected to a Fordpass account already. If you do buy this vehicle, make sure the modem is taken out of fleet mode and switch to retail. The modem being in retail mode will affect the ability for the truck to get updates it needs.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable) Picture1

1FT6W1EV1PWG36808

Thanks for the help!
Last power-up update was 6.4.0 followed by the Tesla update and the connectivity update. Modules pending updates are below.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable) 1712872646279-xo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 23 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
I am assuming this is a vehicle you are looking to buy? It does not have a warranty start date yet, but somehow seems to be connected to a Fordpass account already. If you do buy this vehicle, make sure the modem is taken out of fleet mode and switch to retail. The modem being in retail mode will affect the ability for the truck to get updates it needs.

Picture1.png

Last power-up update was 6.4.0 followed by the Tesla update and the connectivity update. Modules pending updates are below.

1712872646279-xo.png
Yes. Looking to buy. Thx so much!
Looks like its getting updates, assuming thats because its in fleet mode. Also is there any way to discern if the 12v battery module replacement csp applies to this vehicle?

Thx

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yes. Looking to buy. Thx so much!
Looks like its getting updates, assuming thats because its in fleet mode. Also is there any way to discern if the 12v battery module replacement csp applies to this vehicle?

Thx
This vehicle has not gotten any updates sent to it, and the fact that the modem is in fleet mode is most likely the reason why.

No open recalls listed in PTS for this truck.

rdmusson

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
1FT6W1EV1PWG36808

Thanks for the help!

Picture1.png

1712872646279-xo.png
If you get a chance could I get a screen shot of the tabs, Vehicle ID and Connected Vehicle? VIN: 1FT6W1EV1PWG36808. Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
If you get a chance could I get a screen shot of the tabs, Vehicle ID and Connected Vehicle? VIN: 1FT6W1EV1PWG36808. Thanks.
For "connected vehicle", I assume the OTA dashboard is what you want to see as there as more than one option there.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable) 1712876153041-zj

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable) 1712876209976-ts

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
For people considering getting one, keep in mind that you also need a semi-beefy power-supply(not charger) to do the updates by yourself, so in addition to the $540 Mongoose "dongle" you're also looking at another $300-700 for a power supply and the $50 2-day license (or $900 for a year).

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/post-361197

All that being said, I do agree with @rugedraw, it's a fantastic tool to have in your arsenal.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
You checked mine a couple months ago, but I'm hoping maybe there is some activity now.
I still haven't seen any kind of updates or anything.
1FTVW1EV7PWG06644

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
You checked mine a couple months ago, but I'm hoping maybe there is some activity now.
I still haven't seen any kind of updates or anything.
1FTVW1EV7PWG06644
PTS is down and I am unable to pull OTA history, but unofficial list of modules pending updates is below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable) 1712935194707-j
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.