• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
Can you check for updates on 1FTVW1EV0PWG28744?

Just purchased today and asked the dealer to do the updates before but of course they only check via the screen :explode:

Also I just added my truck to EAP, how long before updates would happen? I was previously enrolled with my Mach-E so already showing enrolled on the F150.

Last edited:

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER, 2023 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, Mentioned this when I dropped it off. Doubt they'll do anything not listed on the CSPs.
Just picked it up and doesn't appear they did any extra module updates over and above what the 3 CSPs indicated. 1FTVW1EL6PWG51962

iLikeRocks94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Hoping someone could check on mine. I had to strong arm my local dealership into hard-updating the ones that gave me the real battery status (instead of showing 100 all the time) last year. Then I got the LV battery sensor module replaced and actually started getting updates, but they’ve never been anything substantial, only “connectivity” updates and updates to fix the updates.

Now I’m wondering if I have a ton in the backlog.
VIN

1FTVW1EVXPWG28823

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I am not sure what happened, but as of yesterday, my access to PTS is no longer working and I don't know if I will be able to get it back. If I do, I will let you guys know, but for the time being, I am no longer able to provide VIN checks.

If you have a feature that stopped working or got an update that was supposed to give you a feature and it is not working, this is most likely due to a botched config somewhere. I can help with things like this, but you would need to have FORScan so you can pull your a/b data and send to me since I am no longer able to see it myself.

Without PTS and not being a Lightning owner, there is little reason for me to be here, so unless I can get my access back, I won't be active on this forum. Feel free to message me if you feel like I can be of help in any other way.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Well that sucks for us!!
Thanks for all the info.
The PTS gods have spoken:confused:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I am not sure what happened, but as of yesterday, my access to PTS is no longer working and I don't know if I will be able to get it back. If I do, I will let you guys know, but for the time being, I am no longer able to provide VIN checks.

If you have a feature that stopped working or got an update that was supposed to give you a feature and it is not working, this is most likely due to a botched config somewhere. I can help with things like this, but you would need to have FORScan so you can pull your a/b data and send to me since I am no longer able to see it myself.

Without PTS and not being a Lightning owner, there is little reason for me to be here, so unless I can get my access back, I won't be active on this forum. Feel free to message me if you feel like I can be of help in any other way.
I haven't seen anyone else chime in, but since yesterday afternoon my truck will not connect to Ford for SW checks. I'm hoping and thinking something bigger is wrong at Ford and they should have it fixed soon.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I haven't seen anyone else chime in, but since yesterday afternoon my truck will not connect to Ford for SW checks. I'm hoping and thinking something bigger is wrong at Ford and they should have it fixed soon.
Not sure what to make of that, but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with my scenario. My truck happens to be at the dealer getting the wiper arm and door key pad replaced under warranty, so can't check mine to see what it says. You saying this happens when you check for updates?

Reactions: GDN

nickpalm

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Hi Everyone,

I’ve posted here a few times before, and the community has always been incredibly helpful, so I’m hoping for some more advice!

1. SYNC Version Issues: I’m still running the same version of SYNC that was on my vehicle when I drove it off the lot in December 2022. I’ve been to two different dealers nearly 10 times, and while they’ve done module updates, they keep telling me that my system is “up to date.” However, I’ve noticed that many others have received UI updates, access to YouTube, etc., and I still feel like I’m stuck in the SYNC stone age. I know Ford is odd about how they roll these out, but nearly 2yrs?

2. BlueCruise Deactivation: Since early August, BlueCruise has stopped working, and in Connected Services, it shows “activation pending.” After another trip to the dealer, they informed me that Ford is aware of the issue and is working on a fix, which I’ll apparently be notified about by mail. For reference, my trial is still active, and other connected services are working fine.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or have any advice on how to move forward?

VIN --> 1FT6W1EV0NWG14215

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Not sure what to make of that, but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with my scenario. My truck happens to be at the dealer getting the wiper arm and door key pad replaced under warranty, so can't check mine to see what it says. You saying this happens when you check for updates?
Just stays on this screen. Started yesterday afternoon. If still doing it tomorrow I'll pull the 12v for a few. Reboot did nothing to change the behavior.
Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread (service unavailable) IMG_7100

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi Everyone,

I’ve posted here a few times before, and the community has always been incredibly helpful, so I’m hoping for some more advice!

1. SYNC Version Issues: I’m still running the same version of SYNC that was on my vehicle when I drove it off the lot in December 2022. I’ve been to two different dealers nearly 10 times, and while they’ve done module updates, they keep telling me that my system is “up to date.” However, I’ve noticed that many others have received UI updates, access to YouTube, etc., and I still feel like I’m stuck in the SYNC stone age. I know Ford is odd about how they roll these out, but nearly 2yrs?

2. BlueCruise Deactivation: Since early August, BlueCruise has stopped working, and in Connected Services, it shows “activation pending.” After another trip to the dealer, they informed me that Ford is aware of the issue and is working on a fix, which I’ll apparently be notified about by mail. For reference, my trial is still active, and other connected services are working fine.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or have any advice on how to move forward?

VIN --> 1FT6W1EV0NWG14215
In regards to your BC not working, do you have FORScan?

nickpalm

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Hi - No, I don't have FORScan.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi - No, I don't have FORScan.
Unfortunately, I recently lost my access to PTS so I am unable to pull the data I need to check if Bluecruise is properly configured on your truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sorry you lost access, if it comes back let us know!

I updated post 1 with your current status for the benefit of new readers of this thread.

Thanks for lending your time & research to help Lightning owners know the inner workings of their trucks!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.