• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rain Sensing Wiper Add

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
Occupation
Auto
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum as I just got my lightning about 2 weeks ago, but I have managed to successfully make a few changes to my lightning with no problem, however when I decided to add the rain sensing wipers to my truck and follow another thread, I cant seem to make it happen. I have added the rain sensor to the rear view mirror area and made sure it is fully plugged in, and I have made the necessary changes in forscan and reset each module after the change. Here are the codes I used for reference;

7D0-09-04 x3xx-xxxx-xx—
726-39-02. xxxx-xxxx-01—
720-02-02. xx8x-xx—
724-02-01 xxxx-xC4x- —

but it doesnt seem to be working. I have the option to turn it on in my screen, but it only functions like a normal intermitent wiper. IE... I put it on 1 rain drop and it wipes every about 15 seconds and so on all the way up to the highest setting. I'm not sure what I've done wrong, but its just not working. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I have the same problem. I saw one post that the 726 change wasn’t necessary but I haven’t tried to undo it. I’m not sure how that would make a difference but I will eventually give it a try.

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
I had this issue also, but it turned out that even though the connector was present, it did not have the LIN bus or +12V power running to it from the harness that runs up the A-pillar. I had to add those wires myself. My steering column control module threw a code when I enabled rain sensing wipers saying that the sensor was not found (i'm going off of memory at the exact text it said). Turn on your wipers and check the 3-pin to the sensor - see if it has the 12V on it before messing with Forscan settings further.

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
The 726-39-02 change in the BCM, AFAIK - is just to make the headlights turn on with the rain sensor. I left this change out when I set up mine.

OP
OP

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto
I had this issue also, but it turned out that even though the connector was present, it did not have the LIN bus or +12V power running to it from the harness that runs up the A-pillar. I had to add those wires myself. My steering column control module threw a code when I enabled rain sensing wipers saying that the sensor was not found (i'm going off of memory at the exact text it said). Turn on your wipers and check the 3-pin to the sensor - see if it has the 12V on it before messing with Forscan settings further.
ill check it as soon as i can. mine doesn't throw any codes though. thanks for the info.

EDIT: as it turns out, i do not have 12v at the plug. what all did you have to do to get it working? is there a harness i need to purchase? or?

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
So infotainment.com sells a kit with a turn signal stalk, rain sensor, and diy harness - but you've already got the sensor and from what I understand the newer stalks are all compatible now. Other forum members have asked @Jesse-Infotainment if they can purchase just the harness and i think he does that - maybe reach out to him if you want the easy option.

i was running wires for other projects in the truck so i just ran these myself - but it is more work. The infotainment harness has the connectors to plug into the steering column module.

OP
OP

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto
So infotainment.com sells a kit with a turn signal stalk, rain sensor, and diy harness - but you've already got the sensor and from what I understand the newer stalks are all compatible now. Other forum members have asked @Jesse-Infotainment if they can purchase just the harness and i think he does that - maybe reach out to him if you want the easy option.

i was running wires for other projects in the truck so i just ran these myself - but it is more work. The infotainment harness has the connectors to plug into the steering column module.
thanks so much for the info!

OP
OP

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto

Sorry to bother you again, but i'm assuming that this is the kit;

https://infotainment.com/shop/interior-accessories/infotainment-radio-upgrades/f-bdlrswiper-21l3/

it doesn't specifically say that it fits the lightning, but I'm thinking that its the same parts hopefully. I may just buy the whole kit because it actually comes with the stalk.
Sponsored