• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote Start & Profile

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I did my first remote start this AM.
As I was driving away I noticed all my radio presets were different.
I had hoped I got the latest update and it jumbled them (wrong).
It was on the "guest" profile, not mine.
I don't see where (I presume in the app) to associate my profile with the app.
Anyone?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You cannot associate remote start with a profile. This is a hiccup that many have found, it should switch to your profile when you start it. Simply try hitting the number on the door that matches your profile once everything is booted up.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
You cannot associate remote start with a profile. This is a hiccup that many have found, it should switch to your profile when you start it. Simply try hitting the number on the door that matches your profile once everything is booted up.
I'll give that a shot next time.
Another one of those things @Ford needs to fix on the software side.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Every time I remote start our Lightning or Mach-E, the first thing I do after I hit the start button is to press my memory setting on the door.

Never had a problem with this on my ICE truck.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Hmm...I haven't seen this problem. After a remote start I start the truck using my profile's fob. Are those getting the anomaly doing something different? I don't have PaaK but I plan on using that exclusively once it's turned on; will that cause the issue?

Sponsored
OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Hmm...I haven't seen this problem. After a remote start I start the truck using my profile's fob. Are those getting the anomaly doing something different? I don't have PaaK but I plan on using that exclusively once it's turned on; will that cause the issue?
I use/d PaaK. Key is sitting in the console and didn't press any button on it.
Seems like my PaaK would be associated with my profile.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
And here I am just wishing the truck would connect to my phone that is associated with my profile, works as PAAK and I have my fob on me anyway. Instead it connects to my wife's phone, even if it's with her, inside the house and barely in signal range. Stupid.

It seems as if the truck still makes bluetooth phone/media connections based off initial pairing order and there's no way to set priority or make the braindead system prioritize the phone associated with a profile. It took Tesla a couple years to iron out kinks like this. So I guess Ford might have it figured out about the time I order my 2047 model F-150.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Well, I just figured it out. On your Profile page there is an option to Link Phone. Select this, then you have to select Lock from your phone, and now the profile is attached to your phone.

Seems like lots of different linking.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I just figured it out. On your Profile page there is an option to Link Phone. Select this, then you have to select Lock from your phone, and now the profile is attached to your phone.

Seems like lots of different linking.
Yes, but no...

Yes, you want your phone, and fob, linked to your profile.

That has little to do with Remote Start. Much of the time, remote start is done via cellular command to the vehicle. Therefore, there is no PaaK involved, or a profile. Yes, if you're within bluetooth range and connected, remote start does use bluetooth and accomplishes the task much quicker. However, the car should shift to the profile of whoever gets in the driver's seat with a phone or PaaK. So, if you remote start, but your wife is the driver, when she opens the door and has her phone / fob, the profile should be hers.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Yes, but no...

Yes, you want your phone, and fob, linked to your profile.

That has little to do with Remote Start. Much of the time, remote start is done via cellular command to the vehicle. Therefore, there is no PaaK involved, or a profile. Yes, if you're within bluetooth range and connected, remote start does use bluetooth and accomplishes the task much quicker. However, the car should shift to the profile of whoever gets in the driver's seat with a phone or PaaK. So, if you remote start, but your wife is the driver, when she opens the door and has her phone / fob, the profile should be hers.
This was less a "remote start" issue than a "why isn't my profile up once I've done a remote start" issue.
Without the profile assigned to my phone, when I got in the profile was guest.
After I assigned my profile to my phone, once I get in, my profile is alive and well.

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm even more confused, our trucks have profiles? I saw the seat numbers on the door, but I live alone so I've never touched them. How do you know its guest? Mine is always how I left it / want it, but I guess that's because I'm the only person who's ever sat in it. I had no idea that was a feature and now I'm curious.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I gave my profile an avatar, which shows on the main screen. I’ll take some pics tomorrow. Even if nobody else ever drives it, a price is a good idea

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm even more confused, our trucks have profiles? I saw the seat numbers on the door, but I live alone so I've never touched them. How do you know its guest? Mine is always how I left it / want it, but I guess that's because I'm the only person who's ever sat in it. I had no idea that was a feature and now I'm curious.
Have you not sat and go through the settings? Or read the manual?

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Have you not sat and go through the settings? Or read the manual?
Only for the stuff relevant to me, again, I'm the sole operator so no I've never looked into it in the manual. I never saw profiles mentioned at all when I went through the settings when I picked it up.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Only for the stuff relevant to me, again, I'm the sole operator so no I've never looked into it in the manual. I never saw profiles mentioned at all when I went through the settings when I picked it up.
Assuming you configured the FOB following all the steps, you associated one of the 3 seat position buttons on the driver door, I have as well as the PAAK, etc.

On the occasions that I "remotely" remote start and the default driver profile loads, as soon as I jump in the truck I tap my #1 seat button, that pulls up all my preferences including the sirius/xm personal presets.
Sponsored