Sponsored

Remote start results in charging to 100%?

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I don't use the remote start feature often so I don't know if this has been this way for a while, but it seems like incorrect behavior to me.

I have my charging set to charge to 80%. This has been working fine for me for many months. My truck was plugged in last night and correctly charged to 80%. Since it was chilly this morning and the truck was still plugged in, I decided to remote start it to use the plug energy to heat things up. But once started, it also started a charging session to 100% (see top of screenshot). Interestingly, the message implied that the charging would finish 2 minutes ago :crazy:

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote start results in charging to 100%? Screenshot_20241016_094607_FordPass

I clicked on the Stop button and the charging did stop. When I went out about 5 minutes later, the remote start was still working as I had hoped and expected.

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote start results in charging to 100%? Screenshot_20241016_094627_FordPass

Seems like a bug (or two) to me. I would have expected the latter behavior without having to stop a charging session I didn't want in the first place.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've seen that in the past, it's just topping up a fraction of a percent SOC from your prior bulk charging event, after the pack cools down, there is a bit of settling in values, so during remote start or departure timed start, the charge controller will top up to programmed value (80% in your case).

The message needs perfection, but the actual action is fine.

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote start results in charging to 100%? 1729095020943-by

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I've seen that in the past, it's just topping up a fraction of a percent SOC from your prior bulk charging event, after the pack cools down, there is a bit of settling in values, so during remote start or departure timed start, the charge controller will top up to programmed value (80% in your case).

The message needs perfection, but the actual action is fine.

1729095020943-by.jpg
Or...... it could compensate for that in the charging session by charging to the correct value.

If I charge to 80%, and I get in the truck, the moment I turn it on and back out of my driveway, I'm at 79%.

If I charge to 100%, I can be 10 miles down the road and still at 100%.

Just Ford things I guess....

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Something weird that I have seen is remote start is an entirely different profile in my truck. Whoever THAT guy is likes things very different than me. After I remote start I have to be sure to press my memory button. Could be the same thing happening, and the default on that profile is 100%.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Something weird that I have seen is remote start is an entirely different profile in my truck. Whoever THAT guy is likes things very different than me. After I remote start I have to be sure to press my memory button. Could be the same thing happening, and the default on that profile is 100%.
That's been happening since day 1. It did it with my 2021 ICE truck too, so not even specific to the Lightning.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Always goes to the guest profile when you remote start. Pretty annoying bug, but just have to remember to hit the seat position 1 button and it changes everything back. Took me a while to realize that.
Sponsored