• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remove sun visor stickers?

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Anyone have a reliable way to remove the huge stickers on the sun visors without damaging the visors?
Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Gently with a hair dryer or heat gun and you’ll eventually be able to pick at and lift the corner with your fingernail. Just be careful to slowly warm it so it only gets just hot enough to make the adhesive pliable again. There will still be a very slight outline where the sticker was but in my case it wasn’t sticky so I left it alone instead of trying to clean the fabric further

OP
OP

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gently with a hair dryer or heat gun and you’ll eventually be able to pick at and lift the corner with your fingernail. Just be careful to slowly warm it so it only gets just hot enough to make the adhesive pliable again. There will still be a very slight outline where the sticker was but in my case it wasn’t sticky so I left it alone instead of trying to clean the fabric further
do you have any pictures of the outcome?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST

I've been debating doing this all summer. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Done!

It took all of 15 minutes to remove all 3 stickers. There is a slight glue imprint left but I'm confident that I will figure a solution to that in the near future. It's so much better than those loud, ugly stickers that takes away some of the beauty and elegance of the cab's interior.

Thanks, OP. :cool:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Done!

It took all of 15 minutes to remove all 3 stickers. There is a slight glue imprint left but I'm confident that I will figure a solution to that in the near future. It's so much better than those loud, ugly stickers that takes away some of the beauty and elegance of the cab's interior.

Thanks, OP. :cool:
If you figure out the glue imprint please post your solution.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
If you figure out the glue imprint please post your solution.
Yes, this is my concern. I need to figure out a way to get rid of the glue also.
I did a quick Google and saw this...

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/t...glue-left-behind-on-the-visor-sticker.359853/

I will try some of this this weekend. I will perform spot tests on the other side of visor first. I'm not sure if this Ferrari visor is cloth, leather or what.

Also found this....

Last edited:
OP
OP

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
I've been meaning to do this ever since I got the truck, thank you for the reminder! Took them off today.

As for the "residue", I'm not actually convinced that it is a residue after all. I believe that these are applied to the visor with heat. And I think that what you're seeing isn't so much a residue, as much as it is melted fibers. I attacked it with goo gone as well as soap and water, scrubbing with a cloth and a brush, and it made no discernable difference.
EDIT: Ignore that... Apparently I just didn't use enough elbow grease the first time. Went back at it with the goo gone again, and made a noticeable difference. I can still see a faint outline, but maybe that's because I need to attack it even more.
Sponsored

Last edited: