• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Right Side Sensor Beeping When Nothing is There

ebkeys

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Teacher
Need to know if anyone else is having this problem. I have a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Edition with fold-in running boards. These board seem to have sensors in them to detect objects/people that you may run into. Whenever I back up, they automatically go off as if something is there. It startles me and I am in a panic with my head swiveling to see if there is something there. This has been going on for several weeks and is getting progressively worse. I took it to the dealer for them to examine, but while they could see and hear the issue, the could not fix it because the truck was emitting not an error code for the issue. I really like this vehicle, but this is becoming unbearable, especially when I am in reverse in the vehicle. I am hoping someone has seen this issue and can give me some pointers that I can give the dealership to fix this.
Sponsored

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I would take it back. The fact that there are no error codes isnā€™t really your concern. If they can replicate the error- it should be easily fixed by any tech worth his salt.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ā€˜23 build)
Good thing I kept my service receipt, hope it helpsā€¦. Said it was a faulty part (sensor module or something like that), they replaced it and havenā€™t had any issues since.
Ford F-150 Lightning Right Side Sensor Beeping When Nothing is There IMG_5243

glean

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Good thing I kept my service receipt, hope it helpsā€¦. Said it was a faulty part (sensor module or something like that), they replaced it and havenā€™t had any issues since.
IMG_5243.jpeg
Thanks so much for posting. I have this issue, glad to know I won't be wasting my time. I will copy this so that the service can hustle getting it done.

Sponsored

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
If they can reproduce the issue, but refuse to fix it just because it doesn't throw an error in the computer, it is time to find a new dealership, They are obviously completely incompetent.
Not every fault will throw an error, and any mechanic worth going to will fix the problem regardless of error messages.
This type of diagnostic by computer only, is extremely lazy, and needs to be pushed back against. Computers are a tool, like any other, but they are not the end authoritative source. Treat the issue, not the code.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
My gripe, not an error just an overprotective safety system, is if I am in a parking lot and have to back out of a space, I press the accelerator and no movement but a message comes up on the screen to check my surroundings - nothing/no one behind me to run into/over. I have to push down really hard on the accelerator to override the warning.

Just have to live with that I suppose because I would like to be warned when backing up if there IS something there so I don't run over a little kid or hit an old lady...but not when there is nothing back there except air.

ciferguson37733

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Manager
Need to know if anyone else is having this problem. I have a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Edition with fold-in running boards. These board seem to have sensors in them to detect objects/people that you may run into. Whenever I back up, they automatically go off as if something is there. It startles me and I am in a panic with my head swiveling to see if there is something there. This has been going on for several weeks and is getting progressively worse. I took it to the dealer for them to examine, but while they could see and hear the issue, the could not fix it because the truck was emitting not an error code for the issue. I really like this vehicle, but this is becoming unbearable, especially when I am in reverse in the vehicle. I am hoping someone has seen this issue and can give me some pointers that I can give the dealership to fix this.

I have this on/off. Will look for the sensors no to see if they are obstructed with mud or similar . Goes away after I run it thru a carwash. But agree with you - very irritating

Nlrkoa

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I am having the exact same problem. Second service appointment scheduled for 7/2 for the same problem.

Electric Messiah

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The right side sensor on my 22 Lariat ER, is also challenged with beeping hallucinations.

Sponsored

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
My gripe, not an error just an overprotective safety system, is if I am in a parking lot and have to back out of a space, I press the accelerator and no movement but a message comes up on the screen to check my surroundings - nothing/no one behind me to run into/over. I have to push down really hard on the accelerator to override the warning.

Just have to live with that I suppose because I would like to be warned when backing up if there IS something there so I don't run over a little kid or hit an old lady...but not when there is nothing back there except air.
I only get this if it thinks there's something behind me. I put a bike rack on the trailer hitch yesterday, wow did not want me to back out of my garage! I was amazed how hard I had to push the pedal to get it to go, and of course I'm always worried when I push the pedal that hard that it will suddenly decide that everything is fine and go at mach 10 and cause me to actually hit something

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I only get this if it thinks there's something behind me. I put a bike rack on the trailer hitch yesterday, wow did not want me to back out of my garage! I was amazed how hard I had to push the pedal to get it to go, and of course I'm always worried when I push the pedal that hard that it will suddenly decide that everything is fine and go at mach 10 and cause me to actually hit something
Yes that was my fear too - that I'd end up rear ending the bank building behind me, the police would come, and I would die in a hail of bullets, or some such tragedy.

Wjburgin

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2018 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate Development / Timberland Management
I have the same issue with the same truck. I just turned off those sensors, although an update turned them back "on" and I about jumped out of my skin. I'm glad to know it was able to get fixed. I just haven't had time to take the truck in to be looked at.

OP
OP

ebkeys

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Teacher
IMG_5243.jpeg
Thank you very much. I will take this to my dealership on Monday.

OP
OP

ebkeys

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Teacher
I would take it back. The fact that there are no error codes isnā€™t really your concern. If they can replicate the error- it should be easily fixed by any tech worth his salt.
I plan on it. My dealership is usually responsive.
Sponsored