• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EVben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Ranger
some sweet setups here

No pic but we have two 14-50s run on a separate panel/time of use service in garage. Located one for each stall and between them can accommodate any brand any parking direction, one stall mainly Tesla location (left side) the other front end.

While technically the savings doesnā€™t quite justify having an entirely separate service for time of use, I still like it because itā€™s separate and built for 2 cars.

Have not had a need for anything more than mobile connector speed so far but that may change when moving to less efficient vehicle/bigger battery
Sponsored

Last edited:

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Ford F-150 Lightning Show your Lightning's home charging setup! 61DADB19-55A8-4A46-9CA1-3C684E5195C3

ChargePoint Home Flex on a 60 amp circuit at the cabin. Work will be a Clipper Creek HCS-80. Home will be something small, because there is only 30 amp service to the garage (and mostly I will charge at work). Probably a Grizzl-E set to 24 amps.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
61DADB19-55A8-4A46-9CA1-3C684E5195C3.jpeg

ChargePoint Home Flex on a 60 amp circuit at the cabin. Work will be a Clipper Creek HCS-80. Home will be something small, because there is only 30 amp service to the garage (and mostly I will charge at work). Probably a Grizzl-E set to 24 amps.
Your cabin charger has its own cabin! Cool!

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The ChargePoint is particularly useful- the local utility has a time-of-use plan that is fully integrated with the ChargePoint. Just tell the charger during setup which rate plan you have, and the charger makes a schedule that matches the rate plan. Plug in, go to bed, and charging starts when the rates go down.

Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
image.jpg
Hereā€™s the ChargePoint plus I installed for my wifeā€™s Tesla last year.. should do the job just fine. Charges at 48amps on a 60amp breaker. I had sunrun come out to see about installing the Ford package but honestly I have solar and 3 tesla power walls so I see no point. Iā€™ll be selling my Ford charger when it arrives.
Let me know when you go to sell it, I may be interested

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Show your Lightning's home charging setup! IMG_7116

Okay, not home charging. But this is where my Ford Charge Station Pro is NOT installed. The parking spot is empty because my Lightning is across the lot, plugged into the mobile charger using a welder outlet, extension cord and adapter (under the supervision of a licensed electrician, of course).

Last edited:

pinaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
engineer
Is there any charger that can monitor how much power is pulling through main and lower the usage if the rest of the house has a high usage level? ie just because you have 200 amp service doesn't mean you will always have 80 amps free
It doesn't support 80A, but... the Wallbox Pulsar Plus ($649 or $699), when used with their optional power meter ($279), looks like it would do just that:

https://wallbox.com/en_us/types-electric-car-chargers

They call the feature "Power Boost":

https://support.wallbox.com/na/knowledge-base/how-to-configure-power-boost/

As I read it, the power meter goes upstream of the load and measures the total usage. The instructions show the user setting up the maximum current via the smartphone app. Then, whatever is left over (maximum current minus present current draw) is made available to the vehicle. Some of the nitty gritty details seem to be in this document:

https://support.wallbox.com/wp-cont...er-Boost-and-Eco-Smart-Installation-Guide.pdf

I've got a 60A subpanel in my home's garage that has just 120V loads (house outlets and lights). Most of the time, the subpanel usage is minimal, except when vacuum cleaners or power tools are running or all the house lights are on. I was eying this product as a way to share the panel without having to pay an electrician to run yet another home run of 100 ft of expensive copper.

I also wonder if it could be used to share a range/oven circuit and/or share the infrequently used heat pump emergency heat circuits (I've got two 60A such circuits nearby my garage).

Kevin22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Systems Test Engineer
I have posted this before but here is my charging set up for my new Lighting. Oh sorry still have not been invited yetā€¦ so here is my Mach e charging setup. She will hopefully arrive 7.23.22!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Show your Lightning's home charging setup! 1655159020127

Sponsored

Gerrard155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Duty
image.jpg
Hereā€™s the ChargePoint plus I installed for my wifeā€™s Tesla last year.. should do the job just fine. Charges at 48amps on a 60amp breaker. I had sunrun come out to see about installing the Ford package but honestly I have solar and 3 tesla power walls so I see no point. Iā€™ll be selling my Ford charger when it arrives.
Has anyone been able to find out if the ford charger will "play nice" with the tesla powerwalls? I.E. if they get to low use the truck as a mobile battery to get juice to transfer to the house in longer term outages where the solar may not be enough.

Pending that question getting answered, I am seriously considering the Span option (along with the breaker panel)-

https://www.span.io/

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I have posted this before but here is my charging set up for my new Lighting. Oh sorry still have not been invited yetā€¦ so here is my Mach e charging setup. She will hopefully arrive 7.23.22!!!

1655159020127.png
You mean your Cluck-E setup?

Your photo shows a chicken coop :LOL:

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Raptor ā€˜21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Iā€™ve been trying with no luck. SunRun is terrible and they basically admit they have no idea. They told me the only way to make it work (they think) is to install their $10k system on top of my Tesla solar with power walls. I suspect if we want this sort of thing to work we need to find an independent electrician, but oh by the way you canā€™t becUse Sunrun has a monopoly on the Ford equipment.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt

Kevin22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Systems Test Engineer
You mean your Cluck-E setup?

Your photo shows a chicken coop :LOL:
I found out on the www - world wide waste of time that you can actually power an F-150 Lighting with chicken poop! It was on the internet so has to be true. So I got me some chickens and yes that is my automatic door. Canā€™t have my power getting stolen or eaten?!?
Sponsored