• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Side alerting but nothing there

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
During parking and backing up right side gives a object detection alert when nothing is there. I've looked but try to see whwre the sensor is located. Is it part of the blis I the taillight or does it use the cameras for detection? I can't find a real clear answer on the diffence between the blindspot notice you see in the mirrors and the alert that shows on the 360 view.
Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ā€˜23 build)
Take it in to have it looked atā€¦. My 2 month old Lariat ER was doing that and the front sensor blocked message. My dealership looked at it and said my issue was a bad module, hopefully they are right! They ordered the part but naturally no ETA!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I've looked but try to see whwre the sensor is located. Is it part of the blis I the taillight or does it use the cameras for detection?
I believe the sensors are these guys:
Ford F-150 Lightning Side alerting but nothing there 1703382891874

Last edited:

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
2023 made in the 3rd or 4th quarter?

Perhaps anecdotal, but it sure seems quite a few here are having this issue (myself included) with very, very recently manufactured trucks.

Last edited:

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
Interestingly my q3 2023 made Lariat ER seemed to do that a lot when I was in charge of it. Now its covered in mud and I don't think out on the farm they care. But next time out, I might wash it and see. I suspect in some environments, the various warning will either be ignored or disabled if the software allows.

I noted too that it seem VERY touchy -- could see a car 10 feet away and raise hell when I was backing up..... especially on the passenger side.

Sponsored

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
Mine does the same thing as well as saying that the transmission is not in park, one pedal drive doesn't work, adaptive cruise is inoperable, and the sensors going off saying pre-collision alert and etc. I've already had one sensor replaced. Same problems persist

BuzzLightning2023

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 Explorer,94 F150,06 Avalanche,05 F250,11 F150
During parking and backing up right side gives a object detection alert when nothing is there. I've looked but try to see whwre the sensor is located. Is it part of the blis I the taillight or does it use the cameras for detection? I can't find a real clear answer on the diffence between the blindspot notice you see in the mirrors and the alert that shows on the 360 view.
Yep. I got mine in 10/23 and itā€™s been doing it since day 1. Iā€™ve read here about sensor replacement and a software fix thatā€™s coming Q1 2024. Mine is tolerable for the moment, mostly happening when Iā€™m pulling out of my driveway. I usually turn off the parking sensors and rely on the cameras when parking to avoid the symphony of beeps and tonesā€¦

OP
OP

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Yep. I got mine in 10/23 and itā€™s been doing it since day 1. Iā€™ve read here about sensor replacement and a software fix thatā€™s coming Q1 2024. Mine is tolerable for the moment, mostly happening when Iā€™m pulling out of my driveway. I usually turn off the parking sensors and rely on the cameras when parking to avoid the symphony of beeps and tonesā€¦
Has it been predominantly the passenger side and start at the back and works forward with the red bar progressing from back to front?

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
My 10/23 build (so far) has solely been the 2nd one in on the front passenger side having intermittent fits.

BuzzLightning2023

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 Explorer,94 F150,06 Avalanche,05 F250,11 F150
Has it been predominantly the passenger side and start at the back and works forward with the red bar progressing from back to front?
Itā€™s the #3 front sensor (from left to right) or center/passenger ONLY on my truck. It has a total freak-out every time I start driving forward.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
same thing as well as saying that the transmission is not in park, one pedal drive doesn't work, adaptive cruise is inoperable, and the sensors going off saying pre-collision alert and etc. I've already had one sensor replaced. Same problems persist
Geez, any chance 12V battery needs replacing? I would think multiple problems might relate to weak LV.
Sponsored