• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
My truck is fine. I was simply sharing information regarding this SSM.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
If I could reiterate the point everyone else has stressed, this service message is about the inability to reach maximum SOC = 100%, if the vehicle CAN NOT reach a SOC of 100% and the last service involved a battery service, then be patient in that the truck will likely resolve the condition in 22 days. If not, then follow-up service is recommended.

Regarding the 320 mile predicted ranges when at 100%, it's rare for me to charge to 100% but when I did I would see the magic number often, and if I only charged to say 90% and took the predicted range divided by 90% it would result in a value in the neighborhood of ~320 miles.

At this point my truck has not had any updates regarding the BECM software nor any failed modules, nor powertrain issues of any sort, but I have noticed that my imputed maximum range at 90% is no longer range I seen in the past weeks summer/spring, nothing drastic and likely a seasonal adjustment for my cooler weather.

I believe this is due to a recent update to the prediction strategy, I'm not sure which update, but I've had 6.1.0 or 6.2.0 in recent weeks, one of these removed the super optimistic 100% = 320 miles on a ER battery that we've been seeing previously going back to last winter when we all (who were on this forum) noticed a change was made to give us the unrealistic 320 mile number at 100%, that value was a fairytale, as environmental, driving style and city/highway mix is never achieved per the EPA testing standards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.