Sponsored

Stuck on "Not Completed" for a OTA update.

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Got it, thanks. I have an appointment for the front sensors so I wonder if the dealership can help push it through?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Got it, thanks. I have an appointment for the front sensors so I wonder if the dealership can help push it through?
Dealerships can't push or do OTA updates. They can only update individual modules.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey all, I am an EAP member facing a like issue with 6.8. It's been over 5 weeks since I've had this screen and I cannot get the update to go through. I have driven over 1,200 miles, trickle charged the 12v, etc. Any ideas? Thanks!
I had same issue with 6.2. Called the ford EV team and they told me to take it to dealer to get it installed. Did just that under warranty and they also went ahead and update what I believe is the modem or module that is used to communicate. After that so far I’ve been getting update without any failure. Now on 6.14 and just got this vehicle communication update yesterday.

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Thank you. I called Ford this morning and they told me that the update has been canceled a couple times by Ford and it’s currently outstanding waiting for the vehicle to pull it again.

I’ll see if my dealership can work with Ford to take it further if it’s not completed by next week when I bring it in.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I would recommend you tell the service advisor that you have had an IPC update fail a few times. Make sure he writes a line in the work order stating this specific customer complaint. If you send me your VIN, I can pull up your OTA history so you can show them.

The front sensors issue requires they program the IPMA/PSCM to the latest version. You see improved ADAP and Bluecruise performance after the update those modules. You'll also be able to enable the config for the new BC features with FORScan if you wanted to do so.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@Keanen Got your message. 6.8.0 has been sent to you three times. The first two times, it was canceled by the server. It was resent again on 10/4. You being in software, this should make sense to you. If you see the course of the previous OTA trigger, your truck completed the handshake with the mothership in terms of giving "consent" for the OTA trigger to proceed. Interrogator posted the log, but the manifest was not verified to download any files before the update was canceled.

This time around, your truck is failing to ping the server back to allow the OTA process to go on to the next step. I would try rebooting the GWM and TCU with FORScan. If you don't have FORScan, then I would try to unplug the negative battery terminal for 15 minutes or so to reboot everything. Once you do that, take the truck for a 10-15 minute drive to see if it phones home and allows the OTA to proceed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stuck on "Not Completed" for a OTA update. 1728577822948-z

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Thank you. I will try that today.
Sponsored