• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync updates and Powerup updates are different?

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Up until now, I assumed Sync updates and Powerup updates were the same thing. I've been waiting for my Sync version to update since I got my truck last week, but nothing until today. I've been on Sync version 22082_PRODUCT, Revision 411.

Today, my truck got the the Powerup 3.5.2 that other folks have been discussing. (PAAK finally working for me. Very exciting!) But when I checked the Sync version, it was still the same as before. No update there.

So are the Sync updates being pushed out separately? I'm confused, but that's what I'm guessing after seeing what happened today.

Ford F-150 Lightning Sync updates and Powerup updates are different? 20220907_193714
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Up until now, I assumed Sync updates and Powerup updates were the same thing. I've been waiting for my Sync version to update since I got my truck last week, but nothing until today. I've been on Sync version 22082_PRODUCT, Revision 411.

Today, my truck got the the Powerup 3.5.2 that other folks have been discussing. (PAAK finally working for me. Very exciting!) But when I checked the Sync version, it was still the same as before. No update there.

So are the Sync updates being pushed out separately? I'm confused, but that's what I'm guessing after seeing what happened today.

20220907_193714.jpg
"Power up" updates are any updates delivered for the modules in the truck. This may or may not include an update to Sync, which is one of the modules.

Sync updates are a sub-set of "Power up" updates.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
And Sync updates are RARE.

OP
OP

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
"Power up" updates are any updates delivered for the modules in the truck. This may or may not include an update to Sync, which is one of the modules.

Sync updates are a sub-set of "Power up" updates.

Yes, that makes sense, thanks. But does that mean we can get Powerup updates out of order? In other words, I just received yesterdays latest Powerup 3.5.2, which activated PAAK for me. But I know others already have a newer Sync version, and I'm still waiting for that to get updated. I'm assuming that was included in an older Powerup update, but it just got skipped for my truck.

Usually, I expect these updates to be cumulative, and if you get the latest one, you're good to go. Doesn't look like that is happening here.

Reactions: GDN

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yes, that makes sense, thanks. But does that mean we can get Powerup updates out of order? In other words, I just received yesterdays latest Powerup 3.5.2, which activated PAAK for me. But I know others already have a newer Sync version, and I'm still waiting for that to get updated. I'm assuming that was included in an older Powerup update, but it just got skipped for my truck.

Usually, I expect these updates to be cumulative, and if you get the latest one, you're good to go. Doesn't look like that is happening here.
For the Mach-e at least, out of order seems to be business as usual.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

- Yes, updates can be delivered out of sequence
- No, updates are not cumulative. HOWEVER, because an update may change say 4 modules, and one of those modules may be changed in an earlier update you didn't get, you now, by default, have both of those updates.
- Sync updates are very infrequent

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Still stuck at 3.2.

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
Where do you find the version of Power-up that you're running?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Where do you find the version of Power-up that you're running?
See post #1 - that is really the only place. That text doesn't stay there long term. It should be there after you get an update however.

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
See post #1 - that is really the only place. That text doesn't stay there long term. It should be there after you get an update however.
Thanks. I've look everywhere for this version.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Sync 4-V-22228_PRODUCT REVISION 539
On receipt of Power Up 3.5.4

Ford F-150 Lightning Sync updates and Powerup updates are different? 1667084923271

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Any other changes noticed in the GUI lately? I found these this week. I've got the same version as @TaxmanHog notes in the previous post.

The phone items used to be text and now they are icons, I believe this is new and now the charging set up for a given location is done through the GUI and is no longer found in the app where it was when I first got the truck.
Ford F-150 Lightning Sync updates and Powerup updates are different? IMG_2449
Ford F-150 Lightning Sync updates and Powerup updates are different? IMG_2450
Ford F-150 Lightning Sync updates and Powerup updates are different? IMG_2452
Sponsored