• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla stops reservations for cheapest Cyberturd

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Actually the Lightning does engage the parking brake once you open the door…….

But go ahead and show me the CT’s 360 degree camera….

How about the in bed camera?

Zone Lighting?

Why would I want the truck to drive me to my office when it’s “Fun to drive”

Apparently its not that fun…..Tesla drivers always crack me up with FSD. “The best car I’ve driven…” yet want FSD, which is like having a student driver take you on a trip.

Sentry Mode, I’ll give you that.

Dog Mode, there is a work around, but again I agree with you.
You don’t need a work around if you have the best software. FSD, because it is nice to be able to not pay attention for a few seconds. Do it the Lightning and you are in another lane or you are hitting garbage cans and dogs. Park should engage the parking brake, not emergency roll away. All those other things are nice, but I have yet to actually use zone lighting out of need. I don’t see a big difference in the park assists, I would give the edge to the Ford, but just barely. The Tesla shows lane lines as soon as you are in a parking lot, the Ford is quick to give you cross traffic alerts. I find in the Ford I am pushing the camera button a lot which I don’t need to in the Tesla. I have used trailer assist and that is a big plus but I would trade it for the CT sound system in a second, or sentry, or dashcam. The frunk and the rear cargo area are my needs. I don’t have a CT so my CT assumptions are from 3/Y.
Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
You don’t need a work around if you have the best software. FSD, because it is nice to be able to not pay attention for a few seconds. Do it the Lightning and you are in another lane or you are hitting garbage cans and dogs. Park should engage the parking brake, not emergency roll away. All those other things are nice, but I have yet to actually use zone lighting out of need. I don’t see a big difference in the park assists, I would give the edge to the Ford, but just barely. The Tesla shows lane lines as soon as you are in a parking lot, the Ford is quick to give you cross traffic alerts. I find in the Ford I am pushing the camera button a lot which I don’t need to in the Tesla. I have used trailer assist and that is a big plus but I would trade it for the CT sound system in a second, or sentry, or dashcam. The frunk and the rear cargo area are my needs. I don’t have a CT so my CT assumptions are from 3/Y.
Did you sell your Lightning for a Cyber Pony?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Things is “best software” just means Preference and what the company think the owners want.

I also own both and have used FSD. It’s not as great as people make it out to be. I find AP to be adequate.

But then again I wouldn’t pay for BC or FSD, so again, user preference.

Reactions: dww

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
No, still working off that $80k to $50k in 8 months price adjustment (my fault for not waiting Ford out). I don’t know that the CT fits my needs. I actually prefer my M3P to everything. I’m staying pat. Can I not own a Lightning and still like/admire some of the features of the CT? It’s all about pro/cons and the CT has a lot of pros in my book just not enough to outweigh the Lightning for what I need.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
No, still working off that $80k to $50k in 8 months price adjustment. I don’t know that it fits my needs. I actually prefer my M3P to everything.
Things is “best software” just means Preference and what the company think the owners want.

I also own both and have used FSD. It’s not as great as people make it out to be. I find AP to be adequate.

But then again I wouldn’t pay for BC or FSD, so again, user preference.
The removal of the steering wheel nag is nice. The last few months of updates are promising.

Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
No, still working off that $80k to $50k in 8 months price adjustment. I don’t know that it fits my needs. I actually prefer my M3P to everything.

The removal of the steering wheel nag is nice. The last few months of updates are promising.
I would be upset too with the price adjustments, if I were you. I think waiting it out makes sense. I know Dodge has made many strides with their EV truck. Chevy has a EV truck that looks like an Avalanche (not for me, but will be for some for sure). I think what you are wanting is a Lightning that has some of the features you like that are utilized by CT. My hope is that Ford makes some of these additions/adjustments to the Lightning and keeps evolving the Lightning brand. I actually like Elon's cars, but I can't get past the looks of the CT. I do like the Dodge EVs regarding looks and features. Will be looking at that in 2026 for sure.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
No, I won’t find threads on needing to upgrade the sound system.

But I will find thread on under seat storage, what color wrap, plastic coming off the exterior, door handles, installing a proper rear view camera, improving video quality of the existing rear view camera, how to keep fingerprints from the exterior.

Isn’t that the video where the CT broke into pieces? You really want to use that video for reference?
It made the jump, landed and drove away AFTER it “broke to pieces”. It broke completing the challenge the Ford could not make past the first culvert. It’s more than 3X as high on the jump. Just saying, it’s bad ass. Bad ass doesn’t fit my dog kennels in the back seat or fit all my luggage in the frunk though.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
It made the jump, landed and drove away AFTER it “broke to pieces”. It broke completing the challenge the Ford could not make past the first culvert. It’s more than 3X as high on the jump. Just saying, it’s bad ass. Bad ass doesn’t fit my dog kennels in the back seat or fit all my luggage in the frunk though.
Just being honest here. The offroad capabilities of the Cyber Truck are not good. If you are looking for an offroad truck, ICE is your best option. There are many ICE options that would run circles around the Cyber Truck offroad.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Have you ever noticed that there has never been a head on comparison with the Lightning ER and the AWD CT offroading or doing these stupid things? Do you think maybe it got higher because it picked up speed faster than the ICE F-150? Only one that I remember the Lightning leaving the AWD CT in the dust .......

Everyone has their own taste, to me Bad Ass is a Raptor or TRX, the CT to me is just a Model X built to off-road. But that's just me, and it's exactly what I wanted when I reserved. Unfortunately, we were sold on Gods gift and received run of the mill. Like the Lightning, to me it should have been slammed to the ground and just made into a proper street truck.

OP
OP

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
It broke completing the challenge the Ford could not make past the first culvert.
Maybe the Ford was smart and was like “no I am good” 😊

Cause really most people need to go stump jumping culverts that snap your truck. Yeah great selling point. 😜

Sponsored
OP
OP

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
FSD, because it is nice to be able to not pay attention for a few seconds.
Or you could obey the traffic laws and be in control of your 6000# sledge hammer (wedge in the CyberTurds case) that can kill people.

While I love tech, I will never solely trust a computer. WHEN something happens and your precious dash cam that records everything prior to and into the crash will be used against you in a personal liability or wrongful death suit.

Definitely not worth paying for or using. Lane assist and sonar works great for me and offers all the stupidity protection I would want in a road trip.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Have you ever noticed that there has never been a head on comparison with the Lightning ER and the AWD CT offroading or doing these stupid things? Do you think maybe it got higher because it picked up speed faster than the ICE F-150? Only one that I remember the Lightning leaving the AWD CT in the dust .......

Everyone has their own taste, to me Bad Ass is a Raptor or TRX, the CT to me is just a Model X built to off-road. But that's just me, and it's exactly what I wanted when I reserved. Unfortunately, we were sold on Gods gift and received run of the mill. Like the Lightning, to me it should have been slammed to the ground and just made into a proper street truck.
People who own Lightnings don’t do stupid shit. The most I have seen is Kyle going up a dirt mound to demonstrate locking difs. Yeah, the Lightning would have been WAY higher on that jump. Would it have survived?

Day 1 Lightning: Are these $200 floor mats going to protect my carpet from dog hair?
Day 1 CT: What caliber do I want to shoot the door with first?

Last edited:

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
People who own Lightnings don’t do stupid shit. The most I have seen is Kyle going up a dirt mound to demonstrate locking difs. Yeah, the Lightning would have been WAY higher on that jump. Would it have survived?

Day 1 Lightning: Are these $200 floor mats going to protect my carpet from dog hair?
Day 1 CT: What caliber do I want to shoot the door with first?
Stuck...

Go to 6:07 mark and 11:04 mark:

On sand:

On Sand:

water:

mud and snow:

in the field:

in the charger:

in a puddle:

in a contract agreement (luckily he is a fanboy):

with the accelerator:

with roadside service:

in the carwash:

with your sausage in the Frunk (ouch and not recommended):

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Stuck...

Go to 6:07 mark and 11:04 mark:

On sand:

On Sand:

water:

mud and snow:

in the field:

in the charger:

in a puddle:

in a contract agreement (luckily he is a fanboy):

with the accelerator:

with roadside service:

in the carwash:

with your sausage in the Frunk (ouch and not recommended):
There have been several “mode” updates since these videos, including the locking diffs, baja, and an off road creep. I’m sure there are better off roaders, but for EVs it is CT or R1T. A used $50k R1T looks pretty good.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
There have been several “mode” updates since these videos, including the locking diffs, baja, and an off road creep. I’m sure there are better off roaders, but for EVs it is CT or R1T. A used $50k R1T looks pretty good.
I would go with the GM Hummer EV for Off Road b/c it is really made for it. The Rivian R1T would be second choice. Dodge will have an EV truck for each trim package so I think they will have one that will compete as well. But that offroad Dodge EV won't be ready till 2026.
Sponsored