• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thread for people who haven’t got their Lightning yet to be grumpy in

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Anyone here have a timeline on how long you are willing to wait given the rise in interest rates?
I have an unsecured loan - I already made 1 payment - didn’t think it would take this long considering when they started shipping. Doesn’t really matter total number of pay,Mets remains the same no matter when it comes. Now ask me again in 3 months if I’m still waiting for it to ship
Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What do we think the current issues are for the hold ups? While others around you are getting shipped, and yours isn’t… I don’t think it could be chip related.
🤷🏼‍♂️ 🤷🏼‍♂️

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If only The Vehicle Visibility tool was public….
Not all that helpful - the phrasing has changed once in 8 weeks since blend

beneficial if going by rail, has shipped and your dealer is too lazy to look it up for you.

OnTheGround

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Accord
You do know that reservation date/time does not mean you will get an order invite in the order it was reserved?

It's not as simple as "first in - first out" that everyone seems to be expecting ?
I realize that now, and I haven’t been complaining about it until that post. I wasn’t a Ford guy before and didn’t know how the process worked, nor how to take advantage of it. I’ve been waiting for my dealership (Perry Ford in San Luis Obispo) to get a mannequin so I can test drive it and figure out if I even want to buy one (F-150’s a little bigger than I’m used to), and if I do I’ll try to figure out where I am in the process and if I can move my reservation to AG or PR to get a faster delivery if I want to.

That being said, this is a thread for people to complain in about not heving a truck, is it not? I was just trying to join in (and remind some of the guys with build dates and slow shipments that it could be worse!), and I absolutely do stand by my statement that this ordering process sucks. It should be first in and first out, not by dealership allotment. If there’s demand for 80 trucks at a specific dealership then that demand should be fulfilled, even if it normally would be allotted just 3 trucks. If Ford wants people like me who aren’t previous Ford customers to become loyal future Ford customers then we shouldn’t be stuck watching as someone else jumps ahead of us just because they happened to live in an area with a higher retail volume. Especially when we have things like tax credits we’re potentially being denied the chance to take advantage of.

I was stretched thin on a standard range XLT. If my price goes up $5,000 or more and my tax credit drops by $3,750 or more between when I reserved and when I am given the chance to order, I’m out. Ford loses a sale and an opportunity to create a new, loyal customer.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I realize that now, and I haven’t been complaining about it until that post. I wasn’t a Ford guy before and didn’t know how the process worked, nor how to take advantage of it. I’ve been waiting for my dealership (Perry Ford in San Luis Obispo) to get a mannequin so I can test drive it and figure out if I even want to buy one (F-150’s a little bigger than I’m used to), and if I do I’ll try to figure out where I am in the process and if I can move my reservation to AG or PR to get a faster delivery if I want to.

That being said, this is a thread for people to complain in about not heving a truck, is it not? I was just trying to join in (and remind some of the guys with build dates and slow shipments that it could be worse!), and I absolutely do stand by my statement that this ordering process sucks. It should be first in and first out, not by dealership allotment. If there’s demand for 80 trucks at a specific dealership then that demand should be fulfilled, even if it normally would be allotted just 3 trucks. If Ford wants people like me who aren’t previous Ford customers to become loyal future Ford customers then we shouldn’t be stuck watching as someone else jumps ahead of us just because they happened to live in an area with a higher retail volume. Especially when we have things like tax credits we’re potentially being denied the chance to take advantage of.

I was stretched thin on a standard range XLT. If my price goes up $5,000 or more and my tax credit drops by $3,750 or more between when I reserved and when I am given the chance to order, I’m out. Ford loses a sale and an opportunity to create a new, loyal customer.
Id suggest you test drive an ICE if you just want to figure out if the size is going to be an issue.

As far as loyal customer…. I don’t think Ford really cares. There are still people who ordered Broncos over a year ago waiting. We might have the same situation here.

OnTheGround

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Accord
Id suggest you test drive an ICE if you just want to figure out if the size is going to be an issue.
That’s my plan if I get invited to convert before they or another dealer nearby get a mannequin, but I wanted to test drive a Lightning if possible for a true sense of what I’m getting, so I’m willing to wait until something happens.

As far as loyal customer…. I don’t think Ford really cares. There are still people who ordered Broncos over a year ago waiting. We might have the same situation here.
And that seriously sucks. I still stand by my statement.

I would guess that distributing orders by dealer allotment maintains a “peace” in the dealer network by showing that Ford doesn’t favor certain dealers over others, but IMO pleasing dealers should take a back seat to pleasing customers.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That’s my plan if I get invited to convert before they or another dealer nearby get a mannequin, but I wanted to test drive a Lightning if possible for a true sense of what I’m getting, so I’m willing to wait until something happens.

And that seriously sucks. I still stand by my statement.

I would guess that distributing orders by dealer allotment maintains a “peace” in the dealer network by showing that Ford doesn’t favor certain dealers over others, but IMO pleasing dealers should take a back seat to pleasing customers.
I understand. But I think test driving the ICE will convince you to wait, it’s a great platform and the interior is a nice place to be in. The addition of an EV powertrain made it 10x’s better. It’s one of the reasons I am patiently waiting.

As far as dealer allotments, yes I agree.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Yes, agree with you - I would feel the same way.

As for a demo, definitely seek out a demo and test drive it - see if it fits your needs.

I am looking to test drive a Lightning as I am uncertain about a simple maneuver called "U Turn" & finding a "Parking slot" that would fare in my urban area. So being uncertain it would fit in my daily driving is a big question...

I for one was not thrilled that a Lariat was the only lowest trim I could order as I truly wanted the XLT.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Under the dealership model, Ford's customer is the dealer. The dealer's customer (and the ultimate end user) is you.

Until citizens make fixing the horribly broken dealer model a priority with their governmentcritters, they'll be forced to do stupid stuff like this because of those regulations.

Then there is the question of ZEV credits, which is leaving some dealers in the midwest with 0 allocations.

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I have an unsecured loan - I already made 1 payment - didn’t think it would take this long considering when they started shipping. Doesn’t really matter total number of pay,Mets remains the same no matter when it comes. Now ask me again in 3 months if I’m still waiting for it to ship
I am in the same boat, except I gave the credit union my VIN and it is secured against that even though I don't actually have the truck yet.. I did my loan already and will be making the first payment in a couple more weeks with no truck. I did get a ship email today, but not expected to be here until July 24th. I'm just hoping I get it sooner than later since Navy Federal said they need the title within 3 months. So that gives me until September 9th

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
You do know that reservation date/time does not mean you will get an order invite in the order it was reserved?

It's not as simple as "first in - first out" that everyone seems to be expecting ?

Case in point: my buddy reserved on day 1 and I reserved on day 2.

Buddy chose his local nearby dealer without checking with the dealer that has low volume, low allocations, and does not move fleet sales - he is still waiting because his dealer only got 2 MY22 Lightning allocations. And his dealer (Chino Hills Ford) charges $10K ADM on a customer ordered vehicle.

I got an order invite even though I was way past 30,000 other reservations from day 1 - mine was a day 2 reservation. I spent a WHOLE day calling many dealers to find out allocation numbers for special orders, volume sales # and ADM. My dealer (Ken Grody Ford) is 2 counties away, but they have the largest number of fleet sales, Roush, Raptor, and F series truck sales which is what Ford uses to allocate. My dealer received 50 Lightning allocations.

My buddy changed his reservation over to Ken Grody and will be in line for a MY'23 with no ADM.

Sometimes it's well worth the extra distance and drive to find a dealer that will come thru for you.
This is my first time "ordering" a vehicle and I should have researched dealers. Ken Grody is where my vehicle is serviced, but Penske has been my selling dealer because they have always given me the best pricing. I'm not sure a different dealer would have helped my situation, but vehicles on the same train as mine have arrived at KG in Carlsbad and I keep getting told my should be here tomorrow.
Ford should just activate Ford Pass on all orders then I wouldn't be quite as frustrated trying to figure out where my darn truck was.
Also, I will try to keep my pissing and moaning to this thread 😂

aquapools

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat and 2018 Ford Lariat
Occupation
Retired
This is what I received from my dealer which tells me nothing more than I already know. The elephant in the room is why micro chips are totally installed on Lightnings produced after my Production date, but mine sits in a yard supposedly waiting on Chips that they decided to put in trucks built after mine.

Here is my dealer response:
After checking through the tracking Ford provides our dealership, your Ford Lightning is currently still in production, but was sent offsite to the Electric Vehicle Center in Michigan. They have not provided me with an estimated ETA for your order.

Just as you are receiving little to no updates, it is the same for my managers too. Your order was completed in February. With all of the delays coming from the factory at my dealership specifically, I would expect at least a 6-month turnaround time. It could be even more.

I understand you have read forums and have other contacts already receiving their vehicles, but it is different for every dealership. These are the only updates I have for you at this time. The good news is that you receive all of the email updates I do. This way, you know you are getting the updates I do.

I think the whole process is bullshit and Fords communication process is shit.

Last edited:

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I am on the same boat. I had to trade in my Explorer and get the loan started. Locked in to the loan before the interest rates were raised by 3/4%. In the meantime, my truck has been in production for almost 15 days. Don't know how this production to built plays out. Don't know how often Ford updates the production and built records for the customers to see.
I have waited for my Mach E for 14 months to arrive. It looks like the same wait for the Lightning. I am patient enough. The wait will test most of us.
Hopefully this week should get my build date and will ship within two weeks.
Customer service is trying to be helpful but you get the same info I already know.
Patience a little bit longer.

smax64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F250 FX4
Occupation
Firefighter
I'm a 5/23 blend date and its now 25 days since 6/2 showed up as in production. I dont have a lot of hope the a lot of the 5/23 trucks will be shipping any time soon.
A men to that... I am with you on that
Sponsored