First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
I’ll pre complain about not having a heated steering wheel and onboard scales. :) …Oh, and an air suspension would have been nice to lower height of truck while parked. Otherwise will have to wait till it shows up to see what else I’d change.
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
6)I understand this is a safety issue but I don't like how you can't move the truck with the door open. I never new this was an issue till I got the lightning. Occasionally I will have to readjust the truck on a job site or such and it's awkward to get in and completely shut the door to move 1 ft.
I agree with this 100%. I'm constantly driving 30 feet through a gate and with my other trucks, I would hold the door open, slip through the gate and then hop out and close the gate.

Other gripes.
- No indicator that the electric heating element is being used to heat the cabin when HVAC is in auto mode.
- No info from Ford on how windy it can be to safely open the Frunk. I figure that a 20 MPH wind could damage the Frunk hinges or actuators. But it would be nice to have some info from Ford so we aren't all putting our Frunks at risk.
- The rear camera when the tailgate is down should default to the bed camera or just turn off.

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
1. No bench seat option.
2. The clunky low speed noises.
3. Frunk beeping.
Hopefully the second two will be solved with time.

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
I’m not a fan of the instrument cluster. The gauges all look like an afterthought. BMW, tesla, and rivian (to name a few) give you a map on the instrument cluster- pretty please, ford?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I’m not a fan of the instrument cluster. The gauges all look like an afterthought. BMW, tesla, and rivian (to name a few) give you a map on the instrument cluster- pretty please, ford?
Or better yet, alot of those companies allow you to customize the widgets/gadgets on said cluster (including a map as an option).

Sponsored

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Another vote for a more accessible 360 degree camera button, replace the useless autopark physical button with a cam button.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
First and foremost, and not a Ford problem: lack of charging infrastructure.
Second, the inability to move with the door open. This is a truck, not a minivan. Let us have some personal responsibility.
The shifter could be deleted for those who use the folding console table.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
You have to really dive into the menus for certain controls. There should always be a battery percent icon on the top of the screen, and when you click it, it could take you to a screen that allows changing the charge limit.

The charge limit should just be a global setting and not set by location and should not be defaulted to 100%

There should be a way to set the charging to be at less amps. Seems like every other ev can reduce their charge speed.

% is only on the calm screen binacle option

The antenna could have been put some place else or smaller... I ended up removing it altogether

Fog lights being absent on such an expensive vehicle

Unless I am mistaken, there's no walk away lock, and there's no auto turn off... If I get out and walk away with key the car should just turn itself off

One-pedal mode setting doesn't save to the driver memory buttons

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
The Pro does have a manual button for the 360 degree camera, if you get the tow tech package. I really don't have any gripes, but if I were adding buttons, I would add one for one pedal drive.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The Pro does have a manual button for the 360 degree camera, if you get the tow tech package. I really don't have any gripes, but if I were adding buttons, I would add one for one pedal drive.
You have the superior 12" screen and physical button combination. The 15" screen requires digging through menus for the simple things you get to enjoy at the push of a button.

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Mine is completely minor.

I have basically use a 24 hour time (aka "military time") since I was a teenager. The damned truck has to be reset every time it starts. Like WTF?

The only workaround I have found for this is the Phone As A Key startup.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I was kinda bummed mine didn't come with that option being an XLT. But probably wouldn't have used it anyways.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Qi-Cer...ocphy=9011375&hvtargid=pla-570957436285&psc=1
my PRO did not come with the 'built in' wireless phone charger, but, actually, I'm glad it didn't. I bought a simple USB wireless and adaptable 'charger' stand that not only can sit wherever I would like it to, but I can SEE my phone's screen, and 'see' if there is some notification I need to attend to, or 'see' the Google Maps, or 'see' the Charger Options in my path, etc. I like all of these as options to the truck's center screen, which works well in some cases, and not as much in others. It's nice to have options.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I agree with this 100%. I'm constantly driving 30 feet through a gate and with my other trucks, I would hold the door open, slip through the gate and then hop out and close the gate.

I have found that you CAN move the truck with the driver door open, but in this case, you must turn ON the truck WHILE the door is open. I have done this several times to simply move the truck several feet to get it into a better position at a charging station, or in the home's carport, etc.
Other gripes.
- No indicator that the electric heating element is being used to heat the cabin when HVAC is in auto mode.

- No info from Ford on how windy it can be to safely open the Frunk. I figure that a 20 MPH wind could damage the Frunk hinges or actuators. But it would be nice to have some info from Ford so we aren't all putting our Frunks at risk. I'm not aware that there is any 'safety' concern for the front trunk Hood opening while in windy conditions, any more than if you were to open up ANY vehicle's hood in windy conditions. I'll say that the two PISTON or GEAR 'lifts' are not air or hydraulic types, like on many hoods, they are ELECTRICALLY CONTROLLED to open and close. I think they are quite beefy to take any wind you could throw at them, if you MUST open your 'frunk' in those conditions.

- The rear camera when the tailgate is down should default to the bed camera or just turn off.
I LIKE that the rear camera is still available when the bed gate is Down, simply, if nothing else, to LET ME KNOW that the gate is down, otherwise, with my tri-fold hard tonno, I would NEVER know!

OP
OP

Galaxidan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
30 Model A,
One of the main considerations when I ordered the XLT was the smaller screen with actual buttons for the HVAC and radio. That and cloth seats. My wife has an expedition king ranch and wouldn't pay a penny for leather in Florida. I have debated looking into buying the rubber floor instead of carpet too. I got spoiled with my F250 that was originally fleet ordered with a good choice of options. Cloth seats with no center console and rubber floor. I did check the box for the rubber mats from Ford. Only complaint with them is they feel tacky and the dirt really sticks to them. Probably get better with age?

Ford F-150 Lightning Top Lightning gripes or dislikes. 16677491910217176480640782994069

OP
OP

Galaxidan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
30 Model A,
I added a fitcam dash cam that's pretty slick. It's powered by the mirror wiring.

Ford F-150 Lightning Top Lightning gripes or dislikes. 16677493211345761264834065483682
Sponsored