• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Now this is VERY cool (to me anyway).

A while ago there wasn't much alternatives which is why I started my Black Box project, but I just stumbled on this which would cover 99% of all use cases plus it offers more of a "real-time" functionality compared to the black box plus it displays the data live, even when driving (one might have opinions about that, but then again, you're responsible for your own safety). Torque also allows logging and uploading of logs, so it should cover the long-term data collection goals as well.

The project (not mine) is called AA Torque - https://github.com/agronick/aa-torque and it is an Android Auto plugin for Torque Pro.
You can have up to 10 "pages" (for now anyway) and each page allows 7 values, 3 dials and 4 text based values.
I just tinkered with it for an hour this morning and this is about as far as I got.

The instructions are clear (if you read them), use the kingsinstaller and make sure you enable developer functions (in AA, not just on the phone itself).

One thing worth noting is that, I could NOT get it working on my Pixel7 that I've used as a dedicated android auto phone, and there's comments where others have not had any success with a Pixel 6, but it does work (as you can see) on my Galaxy S23 which is bone stock with the latest android auto.

Figured out how to get it working on Google Pixel Phones

Ford F-150 Lightning Torque Pro on your dash / Android Auto !!! 20231004_054505 - Copy
"
Ford F-150 Lightning Torque Pro on your dash / Android Auto !!! 20231004_054528 - Copy
Sponsored

Last edited:

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
That is awesome! I might need to get a cheapo android device now

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Amazing work, going to try this later today. Will be neat to have the ability to see some more details while fast charging.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I have torque pro, but haven't been able to find my OBD reader...guess I need to bite the bullet and order a new one. Great find!

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Now this is VERY cool (to me anyway).

A while ago there wasn't much alternatives which is why I started my Black Box project, but I just stumbled on this which would cover 99% of all use cases plus it offers more of a "real-time" functionality compared to the black box plus it displays the data live, even when driving (one might have opinions about that, but then again, you're responsible for your own safety). Torque also allows logging and uploading of logs, so it should cover the long-term data collection goals as well.

The project (not mine) is called AA Torque - https://github.com/agronick/aa-torque and it is an Android Auto plugin for Torque Pro.
You can have up to 10 "pages" (for now anyway) and each page allows 7 values, 3 dials and 4 text based values.
I just tinkered with it for an hour this morning and this is about as far as I got.

One thing worth noting is that, I could NOT get it working on my Pixel7 that I've used as a dedicated android auto phone, and there's comments where others have not had any success with a Pixel 6, but it does work (as you can see) on my Galaxy S23 which is bone stock with the latest android auto.

The instructions are clear (if you read them), use the kingsinstaller and make sure you enable developer functions (in AA, not just on the phone itself).

20231004_054505 - Copy.jpg
"
20231004_054528 - Copy.jpg
I've been using the dongle + car scanner solution since I got my Lightning to monitor things, but I am so going to look into this. I always wondered if there was a way to get Torque on the Android Auto display.

Sponsored

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
For those who have used the adapter before, do you leave it in always or plug it in each time you get in the truck? On my previous vehicles I would always leave it in but I tried once so far on the Lightning and was concerned about the battery drain on the 12V system. Also don't know if was just my bad luck or what but ever since the first try of leaving it overnight it looks like my adapter has failed and won't connect to the phone anymore. Also only 1 red indicator light shows up when it is plugged in now.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you for this......just installed the plug-in on my S23 Ultra. Curious to see how this works with the 12" screen in my ICE truck. Now I just have to remember where I put my OBDII plug.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Before I go down this road, with this plugin can you change the appearance? I've used torque before but I don't care much for the dials and prefer just a grid with numbers a la car scanner.

OP
OP

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Before I go down this road, with this plugin can you change the appearance? I've used torque before but I don't care much for the dials and prefer just a grid with numbers a la car scanner.
I like carscanner better as an app, but beggars can't be choosers, you either have it on the main screen or you don't.
The layout is fixed, three dials and four text fields. You can change themes (limited), font and background, but overall the look stays the same.

Torque is more powerful than carscanner, but the GUI of carscanner is much better than torque.

I integrated Torque with Home assistant this morning as well, so you can do long term logging as well which is nice.

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I tried it on my Mach E loaner just now, but it sticks at "connecting to ECU". Might be my cheap OBD II reader

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those who have set this up already what data are you looking at? What screen configurations have you created?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
For those who have set this up already what data are you looking at? What screen configurations have you created?
I played with a bit yesterday. I set up a screen with boost/vacuum, air/fuel mixture, and throttle percentage gauges. Added a few more things like tranny temp, air charge temp and two other things I can't remember now. Most of the things worked and the ones that don't may not be available due to what I am asking and what sensors Torque can read or not. I'd have to play with it some more.

On my ICE truck with the smaller screen, my view is left and right and not top and bottom like in the OP, but the plug in itself seems to work well. I'm digging it.

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So here is what I created so far. My intent was to create a screen for AC charging, DC charging, Acceleration, and then Efficiency. I am still learning what each PID is (trial and error a little). The PID's I found for DC charging seem to be just Max values so I used the HVB PIDs and those seem to be from the onboard charger. In the 2 pics you can see the AC power and the HVB charger power calculate out the same. Now if I did plug into DC fast charging would the HVB PID's be equivalent as there is no conversion from AC? Also on another thread they showed some PID's for instantaneous power consumption and miles/kw but I could not find those on the AA Torque list. Am I missing something?

Ford F-150 Lightning Torque Pro on your dash / Android Auto !!! 20231006_101031

Ford F-150 Lightning Torque Pro on your dash / Android Auto !!! 20231006_101025

Ford F-150 Lightning Torque Pro on your dash / Android Auto !!! 20231006_101017

Ford F-150 Lightning Torque Pro on your dash / Android Auto !!! 20231006_101010
Sponsored

Last edited: