First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Professor
I just got my truck back from the dealer who was addressing a non-functioning volume control knob. It would not adjust the volume through the sound system when using any source (e.g. FM radio, Android auto, etc.). The knob would allow fan speed adjustments.
The technician replaced the amplifier and reprogrammed some settings.
Here are some of the codes in the repair order - if anyone can translate them, I'm curious about what they are.

"Confirm concern no sound from all speakers. Scan vehicle with scan tool DTC ACM UO238:00. WSM 415-00 Perform PPT AO. AO1Y AO2Y AO3N AO4N AO5Y AO6Y AO7Y Replace DSP. Order DSP 1978 Form. R&R DSP Program to Vehicle Perform Quick Test to Verify Repair."

"Replacement of the Amplifier"
Sponsored

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
He the same issue in my ‘24 when I first got it. I don’t recall whether the replaced the ACM or it was a loose plug plus some settings.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I just got my truck back from the dealer who was addressing a non-functioning volume control knob. It would not adjust the volume through the sound system when using any source (e.g. FM radio, Android auto, etc.). The knob would allow fan speed adjustments.
The technician replaced the amplifier and reprogrammed some settings.
Here are some of the codes in the repair order - if anyone can translate them, I'm curious about what they are.

"Confirm concern no sound from all speakers. Scan vehicle with scan tool DTC ACM UO238:00. WSM 415-00 Perform PPT AO. AO1Y AO2Y AO3N AO4N AO5Y AO6Y AO7Y Replace DSP. Order DSP 1978 Form. R&R DSP Program to Vehicle Perform Quick Test to Verify Repair."

"Replacement of the Amplifier"
Well, I know what the last sentence is “repair and replace DSP(digital signal processor?)”then they probably programmed it and tested to verify that it was working and solved the problem.
I think the first part is probably the error codes, but I am not sure

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
WSM 415-00 Perform PPT AO. AO1Y AO2Y AO3N AO4N AO5Y AO6Y AO7Y
Workshop manual procedure 415-00
Perform pinpoint test, then several steps to the test to determine issues, some were YES and some were NO
Sponsored