• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Walk-away Lock: iPhone work around for the Lightning

ATXORIGINAL

First Name
Drivethru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat ER
It eventually broke for me when Ford changed something with the API. I got tired of the cat and mouse game with Ford changing something and causing the hack to stop working, so I no longer use this.
So have you still not received the update that allows the WAL feature using PAAK? I am so disappointed that this feature is not available to everyone.
Sponsored

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
So have you still not received the update that allows the WAL feature using PAAK? I am so disappointed that this feature is not available to everyone.
Nope, haven't received that yet. At some point I had seen that 2022 Lariats were supposed to get this with a software update, but not yet for me.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
The developer has been trying to move his updates and communication to Discord instead of Reddit. The updated shortcuts have been working, after some changes after Ford's API changes. If you already have or get on Discord there is a full list and installation guide of the available shortcuts.

Ford F-150 Lightning Walk-away Lock: iPhone work around for the Lightning Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 11.50.04 AM

https://discord.com/channels/1172642880846844075/1179562152667910257

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
The developer has been trying to move his updates and communication to Discord instead of Reddit. The updated shortcuts have been working, after some changes after Ford's API changes. If you already have or get on Discord there is a full list and installation guide of the available shortcuts.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 11.50.04 AM.png

https://discord.com/channels/1172642880846844075/1179562152667910257
I will note... with the Fordpass 5.0 changes the Zone lighting shortcuts no longer work, so dont get any false hope with those.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thanks for this. Know it is an old post but I never even thought about making a shortcut to make up for the fact we don't have walk away locking in my '23 Lariat. I got so used to it in my Tesla that I never remember to lock the doors. I did add a little bit to make verify that I was actually connected to my truck first, then if I was actually in my truck I verify I am not at home (park in garage, no need to lock it at home), and if all that is true, once I disconnect from CarPlay it will lock my doors behind me. Very useful.... Glad I stumbled upon this old post.
Just confirming you are using my instructions in post #1 (using Alexa VoiceMonkey and IFTTT). @ATXORIGINAL had an issue:
"I cannot get past step f under the IFTTT step. After I select Trigger Monkey Routine and it trys to log into my account, the page locks up and never gives me the option to choose "lock truck".

Before I look into it further just wanted to make sure you were successful with the same instructions.

Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Just confirming you are using my instructions in post #1 (using Alexa VoiceMonkey and IFTTT). @ATXORIGINAL had an issue:
"I cannot get past step f under the IFTTT step. After I select Trigger Monkey Routine and it trys to log into my account, the page locks up and never gives me the option to choose "lock truck".

Before I look into it further just wanted to make sure you were successful with the same instructions.
Sorry, no. I am using only Shortcuts, no Alexa integration at all. I am using the FordPass Homelink plugin to achieve the locking.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Sorry, no. I am using only Shortcuts, no Alexa integration at all. I am using the FordPass Homelink plugin to achieve the locking.
Got it. By chance did you mean the Home Assistant plugin? Homelink is for garage doors. I use the Home Assistant add-in and like it a lot.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I think I can safely say no one has received WAL with a SW update. '24's have it and some that have done FDRS updates have it. No one from an OTA SW update.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
If you can get your dealer to do the BCM update with FDRS your WAL will be automatically enabled and functional at that time. Regardless of whether your Sync is updated at the same time.

MrH42

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, 2023 Subaru BRZ
This is a really well done work around to get walk away lock to work.

Absolutely insane that we're at this point though. This is a total software Frankenstein. Multiple apps talking with each other on your phone to tell your truck to lock the doors. All to replicate a function that was introduced decades ago.
Sponsored