gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
few basic items that the truck just needs to have

Also the seat adjustments. Pro just has front and back and recline. For those who have people driving who are shorter, being able to move the seat up and down could be pretty important for comfort level and bring are to see properly.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I agree on all your points here.
Does anybody know if you can get the vinyl seats with the XLT instead of the cloth seats? I hate cloth working construction. I would upgrade to leather but that is only with a expensive package upgrade price.
Definitely not. Ford limits customization to speed up builds and save in costs. Difference in seats between pro and xlt isn't just the material but the controls as well.

Might get seat covers or price out Katzkin... Depending on the method of purchase.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Definitely not. Ford limits customization to speed up builds and save in costs. Difference in seats between pro and xlt isn't just the material but the controls as well.

Might get seat covers or price out Katzkin... Depending on the method of purchase.
Two more options...try to find someone with a Pro that wants cloth and swap the seats. Or source a set of seats from a late model XL.

Mattlogic1

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Equipment Operator

Good to know...Thank You!

FireLightning

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tahoe, 2020 Ridgeline
So I’ve been laying low since placing my order back on 5/19. I haven’t seen any information on my situation though..

I received a phone call last week from my dealer saying that I should have received a link to order. I have no such email and my Ford account just has the deposit info but no way to order. I called the dealership back and they said if I don’t have it already then I “should have an email soon” because they “sometimes” get notified before the customer prior to the builds. They’re an honest dealership that has no history of playing games with customers..

Has anyone had a situation like this? Think I’ll be in wave 3 or was there a wave 2 glitch? Am I missing something?

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
So I’ve been laying low since placing my order back on 5/19. I haven’t seen any information on my situation though..

I received a phone call last week from my dealer saying that I should have received a link to order. I have no such email and my Ford account just has the deposit info but no way to order. I called the dealership back and they said if I don’t have it already then I “should have an email soon” because they “sometimes” get notified before the customer prior to the builds. They’re an honest dealership that has no history of playing games with customers..

Has anyone had a situation like this? Think I’ll be in wave 3 or was there a wave 2 glitch? Am I missing something?
They find out a few days early. The wave 3 notifications have supposedly gone to dealers and ordering should open Thursday.

FireLightning

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They find out a few days early. The wave 3 notifications have supposedly gone to dealers and ordering should open Thursday.
Thank you! I feel like we (the consumer) almost know more than the dealers at this point, lol. It’s been an interesting adventure already that I’m sure is about to become even more interesting as builds and delivery’s eventually get underway!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Thank you! I feel like we (the consumer) almost know more than the dealers at this point, lol. It’s been an interesting adventure already that I’m sure is about to become even more interesting as builds and delivery’s eventually get underway!
Well, the consumers who read forums about ordering a truck tend to be the most knowledgeable...and obsessive. :)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I received a phone call last week from my dealer saying that I should have received a link to order. I have no such email and my Ford account just has the deposit info but no way to order.
Keep an eye on your online reservation, look for step 2 to "light up".

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Feb 3rd ~ XLT SR 1643729563263

FireLightning

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keep an eye on your online reservation, look for step 2 to "light up".

1643729563263.png
Thank you! I’ve been logging in and checking. I was just shocked to get that call! After all the initial hubbub I figured I’d see something over the summer at the earliest..

Sponsored

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
High End Home Electronics
Good Morning everyone!

Now that we have all come to terms with the PRO being SOLD OUT for 2022, how do we feel about the XLT SR being sold out once Wave 3 opens?

Also, with SO MANY people wanting that PRO, what's to say it doesn't SELL OUT in WAVE 1 AGAIN in 2023?

Seems like WAITING for a PRO in 2023, you must almost HAVE to have been in WAVE 2 and WAVE 3 best case.

Thoughts?

Also, It seems like we are 11 days out from the next excitement/updates.

Thanks!
Unless you you are in good with someone at your dealership or have a good old boy connection with someone at Ford, it doesnt really matter since the corrupt and criminal system Ford has engineered does not honor your reservation place in line.

Brocked

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Ditch Digger
I was in wave 2. I was able to order mine online a full 2 hours before I got my email that it was time to order.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I was in wave 2. I was able to order mine online a full 2 hours before I got my email that it was time to order.
Same here. Do not wait for an email on Thursday, just keep an eye on your reservation page.

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
Ford's limited supply of Pro models is contrived and anti-consumer since they could easily plan to make as many trucks as they like of any model. They are only limiting Pro model production in order to manipulate the market and screw over reservation holders and force them to spend more for less return.

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
I think longterm (20 years) this first gen will be desirable by being the simplest to repair and upgrade down the road. I mean parts sharing with a vehicle they make 900k of a year and the potential ability to fit in future improved batteries between the frame rails is ideal. If the second gen goes unibody like more modern cars it limits customizability and future modding.
You are dreaming if you dont think they will engineer in as much obsolescence as they can get away with. The old school mentality will live on through these corrupt croneys like Jim Farley and Mary Barra and Joe Biden
Sponsored