Sponsored

Wave 3 Feb 3rd ~ XLT SR

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Why would someone make a buying decision based on a wildly unrealistic worst case scenario?
because this:
the more realistic situation I'm trying to avoid would be one where my 230mile truck drops to 180 mile range in the winter, then I commute back and forth to work and expend 80 miles, my GF takes it shopping and forgets to plug it in (HAS HAPPENED ALREADY) then I expend another 80 miles commuting the next day. I'm at less than 20 miles of range and I have to bring my daughter to a travel basketball that evening and I have to figure out what to do.
and
my 230mile truck drops to 180 120 mile range in the winter.

Fixed it for you.
Plus, I think I remember you discussing elsewhere your plans to hitch a freaking snow plow to your Lightning.

Bottom line: I was trying to be helpful when I recommend you should probably get an ER.
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
OK, thanks for your help.

Sharpster

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT Carbonized Grey
For a very select group that commutes 5 hours for work each day or drives all day while working, I don't think EVs are ready for these people yet. SR or ER, it doesn't matter, for this very small group of people you should wait. With that said, we're talking < 1% of commuters that meets this criteria. The vast majority of people will be served just fine by SR, whereas some people certainly do need the ER. Ironically, most people who get an ER will never justify their expensive purchase based on real world usage.

If you are afraid about EVs for road trips, I ask WHY ARE YOU TAKING YOUR OWN VEHICLE ON A ROAD TRIP!?!?!? Take a quick look at depreciation cost per mile, you'd be absolutely insane to put that cost on the truck you own if you are driving 1,000+ miles in a week. Unless you have a beater and don't care if it dies on the trip or you drive your car for 10+ years and resale means nothing, springing $200 on a weekly rental to drive 1,000+ miles is mathematically always the right decision. I own ICE and EV, I've taken 20 road trips in my life and rented each time, because it just doesn't make sense financially to do anything else.
Yep, I decided a while back that it would just be easier to keep using Wife's ICE Yukon for the long distance trips and for towing (when I get a trailer) and keep the EV for all SR appropriate driving.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I'm one of those people, and yes the value isn't as good as the Pro. However, you do get a few more items then just the cloth seats. And I don't see how the tax credit is irrelevant. But the main reasoning is:

I don't think I would call the config "horrible" even compared to the Pro, just definitely not the screaming deal the Pro is (was).

Ive always wanted the XLT SR because that's my price point and the pro is missing the front light bar and what others say are insignificant features are all things I would miss. Everyone has there own price point, yeah the Pro is great deal but it's below my price point..

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Ive always wanted the XLT SR because that's my price point and the pro is missing the front light bar and what others say are insignificant features are all things I would miss. Everyone has there own price point, yeah the Pro is great deal but it's below my price point..
I ain’t gonna lie, I wanted and ordered the XLT SR just because it has the light bar lol.

Sponsored

KR17601

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Operations Manager
Hello All,

Was recently told by my dealer the following:

Wave 2 will now actually be wave 3.

Anyone else hear that type of news?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Hello All,

That does not make sense, there have been two waves already, maybe they misunderstand the MOCO's master plan and are interpreting a ZERO offer wave as a NULL event, not the case, Thursday is wave 3

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
Hello All,

Wave 2 already happened.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I wanted the Pro and would have ordered it if it had been available. But since the admin posted the eSourceBook I now realize there are a few basic items that the truck just needs to have and should have been included on the Pro:

- Rear window defroster
- Power tailgate lock
- LED side-mirrors with spotlights, heat and turn signals
- Illuminated entry
- Pedals — power adjustable
- Front Parking Sensors
- Accessory delay

I'm not saying the upgrade is worth $13k, but if the Pro suddenly became available again I don't know if I would try to switch back.

Link: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/f-150-lightning-esourcebook-–-146-pages-of-info.8462/

F150MANCAVE

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 on order, Dodge Ram
Occupation
Retired
Good Morning everyone!

Now that we have all come to terms with the PRO being SOLD OUT for 2022, how do we feel about the XLT SR being sold out once Wave 3 opens?

Also, with SO MANY people wanting that PRO, what's to say it doesn't SELL OUT in WAVE 1 AGAIN in 2023?

Seems like WAITING for a PRO in 2023, you must almost HAVE to have been in WAVE 2 and WAVE 3 best case.

Thoughts?

Also, It seems like we are 11 days out from the next excitement/updates.

Thanks!
My thoughts??

Ford has violated a trust with their customers who wanted a PRO for job applications. Bait and switch? Yes, I think so.

Marketing hype to snare future customers with the promise of a sub $40,000 work tool. I think so.

The damage that the Lightning marketers have done to the Blue Oval crest will hurt the company for generations to come.

It's like SONY Marketing a new Playstation 10 before Christmas and only building 100 units for all 50 states, but offering the Playstation 20 at TWICE THE PRICE.

I will keep my reservation made on May 20th as I watch the competition step up with products priced similar to the upper 3 Lightning trim levels, but with better specifications.

Thanks Ford.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
My thoughts??

Ford has violated a trust with their customers who wanted a PRO for job applications. Bait and switch? Yes, I think so.

Marketing hype to snare future customers with the promise of a sub $40,000 work tool. I think so.

The damage that the Lightning marketers have done to the Blue Oval crest will hurt the company for generations to come.

It's like SONY Marketing a new Playstation 10 before Christmas and only building 100 units for all 50 states, but offering the Playstation 20 at TWICE THE PRICE.

I will keep my reservation made on May 20th as I watch the competition step up with products priced similar to the upper 3 Lightning trim levels, but with better specifications.

Thanks Ford.
Sadly, you’re correct.

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
I ran across this article on the Ford Authority website today:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-ford-e-transit-fleet-orders-put-on-hold/

Am I reading this right? All fleet orders are on material hold because of the lack of capacity? I originally thought they meant reservations , which we know are on hold, but this article was posted this morning (Jan 31st) and it specifically states fleet ORDERS are on hold Until further notice.

Is this new, or old news I’m just now seeing?
Thoughts?

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I ran across this article on the Ford Authority website today:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-ford-e-transit-fleet-orders-put-on-hold/

Am I reading this right? All fleet orders are on material hold because of the lack of capacity? I originally thought they meant reservations , which we know are on hold, but this article was posted this morning (Jan 31st) and it specifically states fleet ORDERS are on hold Until further notice.

Is this new, or old news I’m just now seeing?
Thoughts?
I think this is new, but not unexpected. They had to cut off fleet orders at some point.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I don't know how they handled the fleet orders. They may have already reached their planned order capacity.

Mattlogic1

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Equipment Operator
I'm one of those people, and yes the value isn't as good as the Pro. However, you do get a few more items then just the cloth seats. And I don't see how the tax credit is irrelevant. But the main reasoning is:

- The '23 Pro might cost more
- The '23 Pro might not be offered or would still probably be severely limited
- A full tax credit on the XLT SR makes it fairly close in price to a '23 Pro with no tax credit or even partial tax credit...so the upgrade is no longer $12k, more like $4.5k-$9k
- I could use a $7500 tax credit this year rather then waiting for a $3250/no credit next year
- I could use a truck this year rather than waiting for next year.

I don't think I would call the config "horrible" even compared to the Pro, just definitely not the screaming deal the Pro is (was).
I agree on all your points here.
Does anybody know if you can get the vinyl seats with the XLT instead of the cloth seats? I hate cloth working construction. I would upgrade to leather but that is only with a expensive package upgrade price.
Sponsored