Sponsored

Wave 7 Orders & Allocations --Phone Call from Dealer

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Just called my dealer to tell him my order is in. He pulled it up and accepted while I was on the phone. Y’all might wanna try that.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Placed my order for carbonized grey, max tow and spray in bedliner!

RandomBurger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Hii yall, been reading thru multiple points and thanks everyone for compiling all the useful information. But I'm still scratching my head, do I need to actively contact the dealer otherwise they will just sell my order reservation allocation? I haven't received any update from either Ford or the dealer I chose.

I reserved early June so it could be that it's still not my turn yet but I've seen June people with build date already

Last edited:

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Hii yall, been reading thru multiple points and thanks everyone for compiling all the useful information. But I'm still scratching my head, do I need to actively contact the dealer otherwise they will just sell my order? I haven't received any update from either Ford or the dealer I chose
They can't sell your order from what I understand. The dealer needs to accept the order in their system for Ford. If you don't have it accepted yet, call them or stop in.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Hii yall, been reading thru multiple points and thanks everyone for compiling all the useful information. But I'm still scratching my head, do I need to actively contact the dealer otherwise they will just sell my order? I haven't received any update from either Ford or the dealer I chose
Log onto your FORD.COM reservation page and view the Lightning reservation. if you were chosen then you will be able to place an online order. If you do not see this, call your salesman to find out if you were passed over

RandomBurger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Log onto your FORD.COM reservation page and view the Lightning reservation. if you were chosen then you will be able to place an online order. If you do not see this, call your salesman to find out if you were passed over
The status hasn't moved since I complete the reservation. I will try to make couple calls. Thank you for the reply!

Krypto

First Name
Krypto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
I got the call from my dealer on Tuesday as well and they had 8 Lariat ERs and I was one of them. He told me he couldn’t do the order I would have to wait until for emailed me “in the next two weeks”. I’m thinking next week as well.
Your dealer was right, I got the invite today.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The status hasn't moved since I complete the reservation. I will try to make couple calls. Thank you for the reply!
Clarification of terminology, last year you placed a RESERVATION, for which you are waiting to place and ORDER, did you place an ORDER in the past 3 hours?

Call your dealer, remind them they need to ~ACCEPT~ your order proposal

Reactions: GDN

RandomBurger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Clarification of terminology, last year you placed a RESERVATION, for which you are waiting to place and ORDER, did you place an ORDER in the past 3 hours?

Call your dealer, remind them they need to ~ACCEPT~ your order proposal
My bad, I revised my original post. I never placed an actual order as my status hasn't moved or allowed me to do that. I was just wondering if I have to actively pursue it or the reservation allocation can be sold to someone else by the dealer even if an actual order wasn't placed by me.

Or the reservations simply doesn't allocate anything to the dealer, until an actual order is placed thru.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My bad, I revised my original post. I never placed an actual order as my status hasn't moved or allowed me to do that. I was just wondering if I have to actively pursue it or the reservation allocation can be sold to someone else by the dealer even if an actual order wasn't placed by me.

Or the reservations simply doesn't allocate anything to the dealer, until an actual order is placed thru.
Ford allocates builds to the reservationists who are associated with the dealer with un fulfilled allocation.

SO assuming you are on the outside looking in, all the folks who are placing orders right now will have first rights to complete the purchase on delivery, if they decline to complete the purchase, then the dealer can sell the build to anyone, including you for the right price.

Last edited:

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Got a phone call from my dealer as well. The order link said the dealer put on a $8K Markup. I can’t change dealers now can I if I want this order? O just saw the post from GDN on page 10, gonna give corporate ford a call.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Got a phone call from my dealer as well. The order link said the dealer put on a $8K Markup. I can’t change dealers now can I if I want this order? O just saw the post from GDN on page 10, gonna give corporate ford a call.
If understand you ...... you're stuck with an 8k ADM ~~IF~~ you committed the 500$ deposit

Reactions: GDN

RandomBurger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Ford allocates builds to the reservationists who are associated with the dealer with un fulfilled allocation.

SO assuming you are on the outside looking in, all the folks who are placing orders right now will have first rights to complete the purchase on delivery, if they decline to complete the purchase, then the dealer can sell the build to anyone, including your for the right price.
Makes sense, and finally a salesman who knows enough about reservation found mine. It's like 200+ at the dealership's line lol. I guess I will see yall in 2024 haha

I wish I had placed my reservation at day one, dunno what I was thinking.
Sponsored