First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
OH well I was debating getting the Spray-In because it might delay. We will see..
To date it doesn't seem to have truly slowed anyone down. Your dealer can add and update your order if you reach out to them. You can modify the order at least up until you are scheduled.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yeah I saw that, definitely wishful.
There is no reason to jump other groups.

To be honest I'm kinda hoping they decide to transfer us(wave 7) to early 2023 models with Android. As long as we get price protection that would be sweet...

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
To be honest I'm kinda hoping they decide to transfer us(wave 7) to early 2023 models with Android. As long as we get price protection that would be sweet...
That would be nice, but I think if that were a possibility they never would have opened another wave.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That would be nice, but I think if that were a possibility they never would have opened another wave.
True...so what I *think* may occur is they will use Wave 7 to plug holes in the schedule. Example if the are producing 425 Lariats in a week and they have scheduled 423 they may pull 2 from Wave 7..etc.

Either that or they will add us on the end. I guess we'll see. I know I would be pissed if I ordered in Jan/Feb and a June delivery got scheduled before mine. I am hoping that's not the case..not a line jumper. I can wait as long as needed....as long as I have my order in there and a solid agreement on price.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I would agree with this. I'm guessing they found capacity (despite not being able to get all the chips and parts they need for current builds) to build a few more 2022's.

I believe there is also something big here in that they could be having problem with the Android OS - same reason it didn't make it to 2022, so they will just continue building this model and call it 2022, with a very very late year switch over to 2023 or maybe even early 2023. So they went ahead and added more where you might have truly been lined up for a 2023.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
EXCEPT for the fact that many dealers are out of allocation, or will be shortly, as this wave is fulfilled. I might call Ford just to inquire of the possibility...
Even if it costs you half the tax credit?

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Even if it costs you half the tax credit?
The tax credit is based on when it is delivered, not what model year it is. A MY22 delivered in Oct would have the same tax credit as a MY23 delivered in October.

Estimates are Ford would hit the cap in Q3 2022 which means all trucks delivered in Q3 and Q4 (regardless of if they are MY22 or 23) would be eligible.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would agree with this. I'm guessing they found capacity (despite not being able to get all the chips and parts they need for current builds) to build a few more 2022's.

I believe there is also something big here in that they could be having problem with the Android OS - same reason it didn't make it to 2022, so they will just continue building this model and call it 2022, with a very very late year switch over to 2023 or maybe even early 2023. So they went ahead and added more where you might have truly been lined up for a 2023.
That makes sense..they may hold 2022 a few more months further than normal...

I would NOT be surprised at all if they did not do the Android switchover on the 2023 Lightning and let the SYNC 4A run another year. I would expect no changes to 2023 other than perhaps more paint colors.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 won't be delivered in October, as they start production then. At best November, leaving you just 6-7 weeks to get it in time.

I am sweating getting my Wave 6 MY22 order in time.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
MY23 won't be delivered in October, as they start production then. At best November, leaving you just 6-7 weeks to get it in time.

I am sweating getting my Wave 6 MY22 order in time.
Hell there are some of us from Wave 1 with just built, but on chip hold that may not get them in time.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hell there are some of us from Wave 1 with just built, but on chip hold that may not get them in time.
Exactly. My federal and state tax credit is likely up to an offshore chip manufacturer🤷‍♂️

Reactions: GDN

mklcolvin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Insight, 2022 Lightning Lariat LR
Occupation
Retired; Former Systems Engineer
Good dealer stock is coming in…. Prepare for a markup
Just got a call from my dealership - they gave me my VIN, and they now want to tack on a $10K markup! This fee is nowhere in the order that I placed, and this is the first time that I've ever spoken with anyone from that dealership! This is why I went with Tesla for our last few cars! How can I report this to Ford, and anyone know where I can find a dealer that would accept my order for the original MSRP? Build week 8/22

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Yeah similar story here -- been working through my dealership since May and talked through things a ton. Kept saying no ADM and then when I went to order today there's a $10k ADM on there. Sales guys call the owner and he says "I have to keep pace with the market." So now I'm looking for a new dealership. OG dealership was Ford of Upland in Southern California -- any SoCal folks that have a reputable dealership they can point me towards. I know calling Ford may jeopardize my spot, but I'm not paying $10k over -- I'll risk getting bumped into MY23.
Sponsored