• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Why do my instrument cluster settings reset sometimes?

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I've been fortunate to have never lost my radio presents, but I have noticed that on every update the settings I've chosen for the instrument cluster reset to default on the instrument cluster. Things like customizations to the view (like showing power output or pitch or the different trips) and the brake coach toggle.

Recently I've noticed a couple of instances where I'll hop back into the truck and the brake coach has been re-enabled. And all of my view customizations are reset as well. However, I have not had an update in a long time. Anybody know what gives?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Same thing happens to my 2022. More maddening is that I like my default sync screen to show nav. But often after startup nav is gone and the next previous app is showing (CarPlay, radio, trips). Nav is not even in the recent app list at the bottom.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
👻

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Updates reset the ic

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Happens to me too. It's on my long list of Ford software bugs.

Updates reset the ic
Makes sense when it happens after an update (although with some minimally savvy programming they could save user settings and reapply them after the update completes).

But OP is saying the settings reset even when there has been no update, and that happens to me too occasionally.

Sponsored

Crullbri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Semi Retired, Part time Handyman
Unfortunately i bought a truck that must have been set for Canada. When i charge to 100% for a longer trip, my dash reverts back to KPH. I have to go in and change every time to MPH.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Unfortunately i bought a truck that must have been set for Canada. When i charge to 100% for a longer trip, my dash reverts back to KPH. I have to go in and change every time to MPH.
Visiting Vancouver and just saw my first Lightning this morning ... LOL

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But OP is saying the settings reset even when there has been no update, and that happens to me too occasionally.
There are updates happening in the background and not all at once before you get a notification that it's complete.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Check your user settings in sync, you should be able to set the units permanently. The ic setting is for border travel essentially.
Sponsored