• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

With reduced amperage setting, does Charge Station Pro still charge faster than equivalent amperage chargers (Chargepoint/Flo/Emporia etc)?

TopTension

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi all-
If I install the CSP but reduce amperage setting to 60A will it still charge faster than a non Ford charger that is 60A?
thanks in advance!
Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Watts is watts no matter where it comes from. Watt (or P) = volt (U) * current (I)

A Ford charger at 40A is the same as Brand X at 40A.

Most chargers cap out at 40-48A so anything over that is more/faster.
The question is - do you need it ?
Upgrading your panel and input can be expensive, so gage your requirements vs your investment.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm charging both my vehicles tonight. I usually calculate what I need to get to 90% and do the math to what charge rate I need to set to get to that level during my "super off peak" rate time. I adjusted my Emporia level up to 32 amps to match my FCSP. They are very close to each other.

Ford F-150 Lightning With reduced amperage setting, does Charge Station Pro still charge faster than equivalent amperage chargers (Chargepoint/Flo/Emporia etc)? Screenshot_20230423_221856_Emporia Energy

Ford F-150 Lightning With reduced amperage setting, does Charge Station Pro still charge faster than equivalent amperage chargers (Chargepoint/Flo/Emporia etc)? Screenshot_20230423_221911_Emporia Energy

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I will add this. App control and information is much better with an aftermarket EVSE. I don't like the fact I can't restrict charging times through the FCSP like I can with the Emporia.

The FCSP is truly overkill of you don't need the full 80 amps.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I will add this. App control and information is much better with an aftermarket EVSE. I don't like the fact I can't restrict charging times through the FCSP like I can with the Emporia.

The FCSP is truly overkill of you don't need the full 80 amps.
It is, but it also has the advantage of coming "free" with the ER trucks. I installed mine but have it set to 48A and don't use any of the smart features. I preference would have a been a cheaper truck and let me buy my own.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Hi all-
If I install the CSP but reduce amperage setting to 60A will it still charge faster than a non Ford charger that is 60A?
thanks in advance!
Why did you think it would?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
It is, but it also has the advantage of coming "free" with the ER trucks. I installed mine but have it set to 48A and don't use any of the smart features. I preference would have a been a cheaper truck and let me buy my own.
I tried doing the delete but it's only permitted on a fleet truck.

I consider it a "dumb" smart EVSE. If it won't let me schedule use times with it, it's not smart enough.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Without HIS, only FCSP smart feature is setting reduced amperage delivery through Ford Pass. Charge times and upper SOC limit are truck directed through FP. I leave mine at 80 amps and pretty much charge weekly in middle of the night. When this one goes, it will be replaced with physically smaller unit without CCS plug.
edit for poor grammar, old guy thing

johnnycombo

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
Occupation
electronic technician
Yes, if you have the extended range which is 80 amps (19.2 kw onboard charger). No, if you have the standard range which is 50 amps (11.3 kw onboard charger) , ChargePoint is a maximum of 50 amps.
The question you should ask is what evse is most reliable! IMO, ChargePoint.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I am the owner of two(2) charging wall boxes. First came the Mach E with a ChargePoint Flex 48amp box. The max the Flex can do on a 60 amp C/B is 35 mph equivalent charge. A year later came the Lightning with the Charge Pro wallbox. Factory setup is 80 amps. Once that Siemens wallbox started operating correctly, it will charge the max rating until it overheats and goes into a cool down mode. Charge Pro will charge at 45-50 mph equivalent charge.
Big battery, bigger Charger but if I want the Mach E charged quickly at home, I will use the Charge Pro wallbox. I am happy with both of them. Also, my Charge Pro came with the truck, part of the Lariat package and Intelligent Back Up option. So it is used constantly. It is preference and the option to do Intelligent Back Up Power.
Ford needs to work on their Power Pro app.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it just an empty app(useless).

Ford F-150 Lightning With reduced amperage setting, does Charge Station Pro still charge faster than equivalent amperage chargers (Chargepoint/Flo/Emporia etc)? PXL_20220830_202515980
Sponsored